Author Topic: Story Board Activity Increase  (Read 11664 times)

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Story Board Activity Increase
« on: August 15, 2011, 02:58:26 PM »
I've noticed so many more stories, updates, and comments on stories since I've had this username/account. :D

All I can say is WOW! I'd like to thank the readers, not just of my story(s), but on behalf of all the other authors. Your enthusiam encourages us like you wouldn't believe! :) So thank you all!

EDIT: I hope this was all right to say. I just wanted to express my gratitude. Admins and mods, is this fine to keep up, or should I delete it?
Check out my new story here!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Story Board Activity Increase
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
Yes, this post exactly. Every time I read a new comment on my Dreamers, be that from a long-time reader or a brand new one, it makes me even more determined and happy to continue the story and provide those readers with even more chapters! :D

And also a thank you to the writers who provide such good stories, like you yourself, Miss Plumbob, which inspire me with my own stories. :) I only wish my laptop could handle one than more save file so I could write multiple stories, hehe. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »
Thanks for supporting and reiterating my gratitude, Fez! :D

EDIT: I think you edited your post. You are quite welcome, and thanks for calling me a good writer in this thread. ;)

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 03:47:07 PM »
I agree with Fez, anytime someone posts on one of my stories, no matter what they post, even if they say my writing is the worst they've ever read and they hope my dynasty fails (haven't actually heard that on yet) it makes me feel good that someone is appreciating what I've spent time on.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
Totally right, Sportsfan!

Still haven't heard from a Admin or Mod... :-\ I guess this is alright, then? :)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
I agree! Thanks everybody for your great inspiring stories and comments!   :D i always feel all special and warm and fuzzy inside when someone comments on my stories, and even if I get a bad one, I still feel that way. It just makes me feel happy that people care about my story in one way or another.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »
What I love about the stories on here is the diversity. It would be so easy for every story to be exactly the same after all we mostly use the same characters but each and every story feels new.
I sometimes don't look at how many people have viewed my stories but when I do I am always presently surprised. I do have a bad habbit where I don't coment on other peoples stories as much as I should.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »
I can relate to everything you guys said, Ann and Rachel. :)

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »
I agree with Fez, anytime someone posts on one of my stories, no matter what they post, even if they say my writing is the worst they've ever read and they hope my dynasty fails (haven't actually heard that on yet) it makes me feel good that someone is appreciating what I've spent time on.

Ha! That's sounds a lot like my author's bio on my work in progress blog. "Please send any hate-mail to ************, because your effort proves just how much you care."

Personally, I'd rather the PM system was utilised more for stories, it's annoying to wade through a marsh of comments to view the next chapter.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 04:09:40 PM »
Carlos, that's exactly why I update my table of contents every time I post a chapter.

Thanks everyone for putting this (my) gratitude into your own words!

Sportsfan

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 04:10:26 PM »
I actually disagree with that Carlos. A lot of the people that comment have questions, and if one person is confused about something more people probably are.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
I actually disagree with that Carlos. A lot of the people that comment have questions, and if one person is confused about something more people probably are.

I like people asking questions in the comment sections, it's just compliments can get frivolous and are best left to PMs.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »
I kind of agree with Carlos now. Which is why I sometimes PM people for constructive criticism. ;)

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
Also odds are that people will be less likely to point out bad things about a piece because there is no confidentiality in a post. That's bad for the reader and for the writer. In fact, especially for the writer.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 04:24:26 PM »
~nods head~

I know exactly what you are saying. ;)

Which brings me to start to want Live Chat on this site... But please don't comment on that; I might make a new topic for it. ;)