Author Topic: Returning from China and my sims are dead?  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Micler

• Occult
Returning from China and my sims are dead?
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:15:23 PM »
Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. I sent two of my dynasty sims on a trip to China, and in preparation I saved the trip as a separate file. They both accomplished a lot; one of them began the Pangu's Axe adventure, and the other collected a lot of mercury and made several best friends. I saved the game at the end of the trip. When the trip was over and the game was back in Sunset Valley, both sims were gone, and the family was mourning their death. I've reloaded three times, and it keeps happening.

My game's not wrecked, because I still have the file from before the trip, but I'd like to maintain the progress gained. I couldn't find a thread with the same problem, but I'm sorry if I missed it. Thanks, everyone. :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Returning from China and my sims are dead?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:14:53 AM »
Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. I sent two of my dynasty sims on a trip to China, and in preparation I saved the trip as a separate file. They both accomplished a lot; one of them began the Pangu's Axe adventure, and the other collected a lot of mercury and made several best friends. I saved the game at the end of the trip. When the trip was over and the game was back in Sunset Valley, both sims were gone, and the family was mourning their death. I've reloaded three times, and it keeps happening.

My game's not wrecked, because I still have the file from before the trip, but I'd like to maintain the progress gained. I couldn't find a thread with the same problem, but I'm sorry if I missed it. Thanks, everyone. :)

That's travelling for you.
I'd advise you to revert to a previous save.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:11:27 AM »
You'll have to redo the adventure with a previous save.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 10:49:17 AM »
You'll have to redo the adventure with a previous save.

Well if it's the only way to get the Sims back, then so it be I think. This bug has been around for a now, but can't say that it's totally a bug.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

VampirePlasma

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 06:00:51 PM »
Bad virtual plane food. Ts, tsk, tsk.  ::)

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 12:33:26 AM »
Thanks for the help, everyone. :)

anything