Author Topic: Letters at Messanger Post  (Read 1827 times)

c-hawes

Letters at Messanger Post
« on: August 20, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »
First..I have never played ANY Sims game prior to purchasing Sims Medieval. I love the game. I'm almost OCD about it. I have spreadsheets to track guests, how I completed the quests, heros used in a particular quest, achievements, a detail of the Sims I create w/ traits and flaws. Who married who or divorced, who has children with who. 

I keep running into something that I do not understand. During quests, I receive the little pop up in the upper right corner and it indicates there is a message for Sim A from Sim B at the messenger post but even if I am playing Sim A as my hero, I have yet to actually find a message or letter. 

Am I missing something?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Letters at Messanger Post
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 06:19:34 PM »
This might be dumb of me to ask, but I just want to make sure to cover the basics. Have you actually gone to check the post? It's a mailbox-like thing. There's one by the Physician's place, one by the castle, one in the town square, and there are a couple other ones, I think. The game may tell you that you've received a message, but it doesn't go straight into your inventory. You have to go get it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

c-hawes

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 06:25:07 PM »
Not a dumb question at all, but yes, I go to the post every time I get the message. Once I was checking for a letter and found a recipe..

For example, I was playing a quest as the Bard. She has a few kids, one that's already left the nest to go be one with nature and about 15 minutes after the child left home, it said the Bard had a message/letter from that child. I went to all the posts and checked and found nothing.

I don't want to miss anything. It seems like every time I open a quest I find something new.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:07:11 PM »
That's cool about the recipe. I didn't know that could happen. I play Sims 3 more than Medieval, so I'm really at a loss for this one. My only suggestion is to keep checking it, I guess. Maybe it's just a glitch. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :-\

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum, c-hawes.  I've never encountered the problem you're describing and am quite puzzled by it.  Any time my characters have to get something from the messenger post, whatever it is has always been there.  And yet you've never been able to do this?  What options come up when you click on the messenger post?  If you've tried everything and it still doesn't work for you, I would wonder if you have some sort of glitch in your game.  Have you tried starting another Kingdom to see if the same problem is happening there?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

c-hawes

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 07:07:49 PM »
After quitting the quest and restarting it twice, it works.  ;D