Author Topic: How to Get Ghost Babies using Generations Potions  (Read 12312 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
How to Get Ghost Babies using Generations Potions
« on: August 22, 2011, 05:51:52 PM »
So I stumbled across this rather by accident and by just wondering if it would work and well my results show that it did, whether this is just a very coincidal coincidence remains to be seen but for me this did result in a Ghost Baby!

You will need a Sim that is skilled in Logic, you need the Chemistry Table from Generations. Get your Logician to learn the Ghost Potion and then create it, I did this with a Sim who had maxed Logic before Generations and do not know the skill level needed. Make two of these potions. The effects cause the drinker to act just like a Ghost for about three hours, it wears off eventually and they return to looking and acting like a normal Sim. You need a female and male sim to throw this potion and turn them into temporary Ghosts. Then continue with a Try for Baby until you hear the jingle.

Three days later I got my result, I had actually forgotten I'd done the Ghost Potion and so when the new baby came out of the Hospital and I had the shock of my life, the first and only Ghost Baby in my Legacy!

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: How to Get Ghost Babies using Generations Potions
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »
Wow, that's cool! Is he/she permanently a ghost or is it temporary?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »
I have not tested the Baby yet, I hung on in the game until the baby was born but wasn't allowed any longer (Parents choice) I will be getting back to you on it though!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:05:26 PM »
I think the baby will stay a ghost as long as it is not fed Ambrosia. You can actually get a ghost baby even if only one parent has drunk the potion, the chance is just reduced to 50%.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
I had never had a ghost baby, so I decided to try it out and see.  Of course it worked, the mother turned herself into a ghost and the dad was normal.  She had twins, one ghost, one mortal.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Will probably turn the ghost into normal sooner or later, but I just thought I would try it out. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:22:39 AM »
Wow, that's cool! Is he/she permanently a ghost or is it temporary?

The Ghost Babies stay as Ghosts, mine is now a Teen and it has stuck.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
The Ghost Babies stay as Ghosts, mine is now a Teen and it has stuck.

Thanks for letting me know. I like learning neat things like this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »
Thanks for letting me know. I like learning neat things like this.

No problem, also the Ghostly Noises, Reactions, Floating and Walking through Walls (Most awesome time saver ever, even if they walk slowly...) work for him, I am also going to see if he can make Ghost Babies through natural methods, I'll also see if a Ghost can take a Ghost Potion, lol.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
So what is the advatage of a ghost child? Do tjeu disapear when the sun comes up? Do they go to school? Can other's see them?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
So what is the advatage of a ghost child? Do tjeu disapear when the sun comes up? Do they go to school? Can other's see them?

If anything they are worse, slow and cause others to do the "Eeek a Ghost". Although they are purely decorative they are completely awesome!  :) This is a picture of him as a Child fishing at Sunset.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »
After my ghost twin aged to youth, I had her go ahead and eat ambrosia.  I enjoyed playing, but the "eek it is a ghost" got kind of old and the eerie sounds, so I changed her.  I am glad, because I would not have wanted her to get stuck that way.

They are cute, but sometimes they are almost totally invisible. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 03:14:25 PM »
I did this and got twin girl ghosts. One of them is imaginary friend ghost and the other is an imaginary friend vampire ghost. The funny thing is sometimes when one of the twins sees her sister she does the ugh a ghost thing. I am like hello your a ghost yourself young lady get over it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
No problem, also the Ghostly Noises, Reactions, Floating and Walking through Walls (Most awesome time saver ever, even if they walk slowly...) work for him, I am also going to see if he can make Ghost Babies through natural methods, I'll also see if a Ghost can take a Ghost Potion, lol.

Haha, that last one should make him sim again. I don't see any other option. :P

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 11:15:43 AM »
I tried having one of my ghosts use the ghost potion but the game told me that was not allowed.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »
First off, my apologies on a thread necro. However, my question/problem is tied directly to the first post. :-\

So from what I understand, a couple who are both using ghost potions at time of conception, should have a 100% chance of a ghostboo.

Is that the only time to use the ghost potion during pregnancy? Or should one be used continuously until birth?

The reason I'm asking is that my couple used ghost potions, and have a non-ghostboo now.