Author Topic: Our Watchful Friends  (Read 3973 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Our Watchful Friends
« on: August 24, 2011, 02:34:49 AM »
I hadn't done anything like this in a while, and I thought it was past due. I just wanted to say thank you to our excellent Moderation staff. Spam is usually nuked within minutes and our rules are enforced justly. They are fair people who keep this place safe and clean. I founded this forum with Pam, and although I am not here very much I know that it is safe and any issue that requires my attention will be brought to me swiftly so I can act. This community can almost sustain itself but will always require folks like the Moderators and us Admins to make the necessary decisions when need be. Otherwise, it is usually business as usual here and I see a bright future with so many competent minds watching our creation.

To the community you are top-notch. We have some outstanding friendly folk here and without you to help new people this place would stagnate. Your spam and profanity reports have allowed mods to often respond in minutes to any attack. We thank you for caring for the place and helping us all to watch over it. Recently someone spammed adult content to a board and a young member reported it. I hate that they had to see it. But thankfully responses are so fast here that it was nipped before it could corrupt any young minds.

Soon the forum will be 2 years old. Cheers to #3.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Our Watchful Friends
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 02:44:59 AM »
Hear, hear!  I completely agree with Carl.  This forum is a great place to come, and it's people working together in a friendly and helpful way that keeps things good for all of us.  I'm proud to be a member of the team and of this fine community.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:02:59 AM »
I would like to thank the Moderators and Administrators for their hard work. Without your careful eyes, I don't know what this place would be like. I know I wouldn't be here.
That is a reason why I prefer here over other places like, the Official Forum. I know that the SimGuru's there try, but with over a million members, I believe, it is quite hard, and the place is quite, erm, messy. Now, if you guys were to go over there and help, I imagine it would soon become an amazing place.
Thank you to the Moderators and Administrators - that's Carl, Pam, Metropolis Man, Wildredchild, Swede1992, Saltypaws, Ariagirl77, Schipperke, mtglady, gerrr00, Leto85, Hosfac and PJSim. I respect you all a great deal - you are all some of the kindest, friendliest, and often funniest people I know.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 03:33:05 AM »
Exactly. I was hanging around my Uni forum the other day, and you know what? Even with lecturers moderating and everybody's real names on display, it was nowhere near as mature and helpful as this forum. Hooray for the everyone!  :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 04:54:31 AM »
110% agreement with you Carl.  :)

Soon the forum will be 2 years old. Cheers to #3.

Cheers to Number 3 as well!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 06:18:27 AM »
Yes! This forum is amazing in the sense of community and muturism. I tried the Official forum for a while, but after being called countless names, I am so glad I found this place! Even though I haven't been here too long (Less than 5 Months), I'm glad to be here!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
Yes, the forum is like a second home to me :D. I was here all summer and I love it. Thanks to all the moderators and staff too. They are all so nice <3.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »
I have to agree. Everyone has been so nice here--no trollers! And it's all thanks to the wonderful moderators on here. Thank you for making this such a lovely place.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 12:56:16 AM »
I agree with everyone.  There is always a moderator signed on and it seems spam is doomed before it is seen by too many members.  I am more silent for the most part and try to come here as often as possible and sometimes real early in the morning, you can catch a spammer or two.  Even members english is so much better than it ever has been, so I don't even have to fix anything, so great job everyone. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
This forum is definitely the best place on the internet to discuss the Sims. Actually, if the forum was about skunks, it would still be the best place on the net!
The moderators make this place fantastic, as do the many great members. Congrats, guys! ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Sportsfan

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 09:43:45 PM »
This forum is definitely the best place on the internet to discuss the Sims. Actually, if the forum was about skunks, it would still be the best place on the net!
If it was about skunks, the forum would stink.
I actually don't see a lot of spam here. But when I do it seems like after I report it it's gone instantly.
Great job mods!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 11:08:02 PM »
If it was about skunks, the forum would stink.
I actually don't see a lot of spam here. But when I do it seems like after I report it it's gone instantly.
Great job mods!
Ha, Sportsfan, that was funny. But what I mean is even if the forum was about something trivial and silly, the great members and mods would still make it great!
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 11:34:58 PM »
I agree with everyone.  There is always a moderator signed on and it seems spam is doomed before it is seen by too many members.

Hear hear! If a moderator isn't on, then obviously the Forum is in downtime.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 12:20:14 AM »
Thanks to Samoht's alertness, today a spammer was caught before he even managed to get his spam posted.  Samoht saw the spam in the fellow's profile, saw the spammer starting a new thread, and reported him.  I think deleting spam before it gets posted has to be some sort of record! 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 03:40:54 PM »
The moderators make this place fantastic, as do the many great members. Congrats, guys! ;D

And I thought the forum was about skunks! Have I really read that wrong, 'Carl's Skunks 3 Forum' all the time I log in here? No wonder I find myseld offtopic so much.
And yes, we all moderators are indeed very fast when it comes to removing spam. So fast, I couldn't even finish all my spam post or some of my co-workers had already deleted it. :P Therefore I became a moderator, I got bored not being able to spam, so being a mod seems more fun.

Now without kidding: I am very pleased to be a part of this team and eventhough I 9 out of 10 don't even get a change of removing the reported posts I find in my inbox, I still enjoy helping and entertaining all the great members here.

Thank you guys. I'm deeply greatful for being here.