Author Topic: Release Time?  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Tru

• American Soldier
  • Nooboo
  • iTru
Release Time?
« on: October 18, 2011, 02:29:01 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what time Pets will be available for download? It's the 18th everywhere in America but the west coast. I figured I would receive my email to download at midnight, but it's almost 3 am Eastern time.
-Tru

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Release Time?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:38:17 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Tru.

I don't think there's any set time that is guaranteed.  It could be early, or it could be later.  I wouldn't expect it to be ready, though, if it's still not the 18th yet in some parts of the world.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tru

• American Soldier
  • Nooboo
  • iTru
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:42:51 AM »
Well its the 18th everywhere in America except the west coast, so I'm thinking that maybe it comes out midnight their time. Is Sims typically a midnight release type deal if its the digital download version?
-Tru

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 02:49:04 AM »
I know nothing about American geography, but is California on the West Coast? I believe EA is headquatered in California, so I'd assume it was midnight in California.

EDIT: I looked at the profile of a member who lives in California. The local time is about 8:50 PM on the 17th.

Offline Tru

• American Soldier
  • Nooboo
  • iTru
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 02:54:49 AM »
Yes California is the west coast. Time wise it is 11:53PM in Cali right now. If the game doesn't come out in 7 minutes, I might cry lol, I've been up for 10 hours waiting. It's 9:53AM in Kuwait right now.
-Tru

Offline Tru

• American Soldier
  • Nooboo
  • iTru
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 03:07:54 AM »
I am a Mac so I use Gametree for downloads as oppose to origin. Anyways, my game is downloading now, I'm in Kuwait on an army base, so my download will be down sometime timor morning :( but its a start. I don't have anything else to do. Thanks all for your help

-Tru
-Tru

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 04:18:21 AM »
I am a Mac so I use Gametree for downloads as oppose to origin. Anyways, my game is downloading now, I'm in Kuwait on an army base, so my download will be down sometime timor morning :( but its a start. I don't have anything else to do. Thanks all for your help

-Tru

U.S. Army?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 06:00:38 AM »
I am in Buffalo, NY and when I woke this morning (5:30am) I had email that said my pre-order was ready for download.  It is downloading right now.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 08:24:11 AM »
This is totally weird. I pre-ordered the physical copy. I just checked my email to see if it was on the way and found an email stating my order was ready and in my games on Origin, so I opened Origin and it IS in fact in my games.  ??? I thought I got the physical!! Oh well, off to backup my files than download the game. Not what I expected, but as long as I have it, I'm not complaining!!  ;D

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »
Esther, no worries. If you ordered the physical copy you will still get it. The download is available to all, even if you purchased a physical. It is moreso for those who are NOT interested in getting a disc. I am holding my disc in my hand and I am still able to use the physical. I see it as so they don't waste the effort of sending a disc. I like it for when I mess around and lose my disc - Heaven forbid!  :o So if you ordered a disc you will be getting a disc.

I got my confirm shipment email yesterday and it was here as fast as UPS could get it to me. hehe. I am so excited I can't even open it. I know I'm wierd. I get this way when I get a new Sims game. Just ignore me.

Sportsfan

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
I know nothing about American geography, but is California on the West Coast? I believe EA is headquatered in California, so I'd assume it was midnight in California.

EDIT: I looked at the profile of a member who lives in California. The local time is about 8:50 PM on the 17th.
Seabody when you wrote that it was 11:30 here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »
Seabody when you wrote that it was 11:30 here.

Okay, they need to set their local time then.  :-[

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
Esther, no worries. If you ordered the physical copy you will still get it. The download is available to all, even if you purchased a physical. It is moreso for those who are NOT interested in getting a disc. I am holding my disc in my hand and I am still able to use the physical. I see it as so they don't waste the effort of sending a disc. I like it for when I mess around and lose my disc - Heaven forbid!  :o So if you ordered a disc you will be getting a disc.

I got my confirm shipment email yesterday and it was here as fast as UPS could get it to me. hehe. I am so excited I can't even open it. I know I'm wierd. I get this way when I get a new Sims game. Just ignore me.
How do I get the download to appear if I ordered the physical copy? I just downloaded Origin to my desktop and installed. I have the sims3 and the sims2 store addition in my games but no pets. I did get an email saying my physical copy has shipped. I just got excited about downloading it tonight. Thanks!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 09:24:03 PM »
I am not sure how to get it there templesmom. I just signed in and it was there. I assume you pre-ordered from Origin right? After you install that origin thing on you computer try logging out and then back in. Perhaps it takes some time to update?

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
Thanks, I'm waiting for the patch to download then I will try your suggestion.