Author Topic: Who's the Doctor?  (Read 9926 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Who's the Doctor?
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:33:39 AM »
Does anyone know who is the doctor in Appaloosa Plains who is a high enough level to tell the gender of a baby?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Leto85

Re: Who's the Doctor?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 04:13:51 AM »
Does anyone know who is the doctor who is a high enough level to tell the gender of a baby?

Do you mean an animal 'baby' or a sim baby?
In the last case you've asked your question in the wrong thread which means I have to move it to the right place.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:47:50 AM »
Do you mean an animal 'baby' or a sim baby?
In the last case you've asked your question in the wrong thread which means I have to move it to the right place.
A sim baby but I meant in Appaloosa Plains. I should go edit that in shouldn't I?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:53:27 AM »
A sim baby but I meant in Appaloosa Plains. I should go edit that in shouldn't I?

If you don't mind, please do. :)
Otherwise it seems you've paced it in the wrong thread.

My game is downloading right now so I can not give you the answer, however.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »
I don't remember his name, but there is a male doctor who will probably be at the right level. He's got white/blond hair, and pale skin, and lives in the top area (the expensive area) to the far right. He lives alone. You should be able to find him on edit town.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:37:40 PM »
Gavin Pinkerton is the name of the guy you were thinking of.  He's only a Level 3 Doctor though.  Hailey Sheperd is his boss.  The other employees seem to change.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 08:59:54 AM »
I was just in Appaloosa Plains trying to find a doctor to help me determine gender and neither Gavin Pinkerton nor Hailey Shepperd had the ability to help.  Is it because they're both so low level?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »
I was just in Appaloosa Plains trying to find a doctor to help me determine gender and neither Gavin Pinkerton nor Hailey Shepperd had the ability to help.  Is it because they're both so low level?

A sim unlocks that ability at the highest level in the Medical Career, yes. So that is indeed the reason why they couldn't do what you where searching for.
I have to add to that when a doctor quit his career the special ability that came with it will disapear as well. Pitty, I know.
Perhaps you've found a way to get around that.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
A sim unlocks that ability at the highest level in the Medical Career, yes. So that is indeed the reason why they couldn't do what you where searching for.

Then that means there are no doctors available for determining gender in Appaloosa Plains.

AbrahamC

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 03:03:41 PM »
I am almost positive that they only have to be at level 5 to determine gender of baby.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »
I have to agree with Abraham, Leto, the "Determine Gender" ability is available for doctors before career level 10.

In Sunset Valley, Geoffrey Landgraab starts at level 7 in the Medical Career and he is able to "Determine Gender" when asked. I now forget which doctor in RV has this ability but Jebidiah Wilson starts at level 5, as does Shirley Lin, and Marisol Lobos starts at level 4. In TB, I believe Nick Knack can "Determine Gender" and he starts at level 6, Shamus Drudge is level 5, and Molly Coddle starts at level 1. I don't know what level the AP doctors are at the start of a new game but it's worth checking in to.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
There is a Appaloosa Residents thread already and on there, I did research to find out that the two doctors in town as mentioned above are only level 1 and level 3 unless you start as either one of them there is no way to determine baby.  I was in my Lilac file so I hadn't played either character and no one in town was available to determine the gender of the baby.