Author Topic: Gardens and wild horses  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Gardens and wild horses
« on: October 20, 2011, 04:48:24 AM »
A word of warning for all your gardening sims, they may now have to fence in their gardens, especially those containing special and rare plants.
My sim went out looking for a wild horse and when she came home it was in her garden eating the plants!
These plants were unknown plants from rare and special seeds oh no.
I can see some fencing going up very soon.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Leto85

Re: Gardens and wild horses
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 04:55:28 AM »
Nice info.
Does it also make a difference in the height of the fence, as the horses can jump over it?
For sims it doesn't matter (exeptions are the fences really close to the ground), but horses are the first characters that can actually jump.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:58:59 AM »
Not sure, but now you mention it, I'm a tad worried because the fence I built is only low. Guess I'll find out ha.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 07:48:08 AM »
Well I found out one thing. If you own a horse, they can just come and go through gates on your property like people. Alex went and bought a horse and fenced in a huge paddock with a food and water trough. There was also a fence around the vegetable garden. While she was napping, Pepper started just wandering around the block in and out of the paddock then I just noticed Pepper's icon for what she was going to do next and it was eat carrots. I followed her and the paddock gate just opened for her then the garden gate just opened as well, that's when I cancelled her action!
mm, OK, just went and locked the gate of the paddock to pets, that might keep her in.
I presume that if that works, it will also keep pets (including those not belonging to me) out of my garden.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:00:25 AM »
I've read that indeed will work. You can lock different rooms for which sims and pets are allowed. Remember the trouble with the butler, always on the lookout for a fridge to start their never-ending-cooking program? It seems locking doors is THE ANSWER to sometimes 'weird' programming. :P

Offline sosobaggins

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »
I'm not sure if someone already asked, but did you get new plants to grow and new recipes to with it?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
Carrots are a new Uncommon plant, available at the supermarket. (I think people who've reported a problem with carrots have patch 1.26 but not Pets installed - they worked just fine for me.) I know sims who can cook will be able to prepare pet food, but I don't know about recipes for sim consumption.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »
Carrots are a new Uncommon plant, available at the supermarket. (I think people who've reported a problem with carrots have patch 1.26 but not Pets installed - they worked just fine for me.) I know sims who can cook will be able to prepare pet food, but I don't know about recipes for sim consumption.

About that recipe Sosobaggins was asking; is there any recipe for a sim to learn to prepare the food for the pets?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 11:58:53 AM »
It looks like you automatically get all the pet food recipes when you first learn the Cooking skill. I have a couple sims who had Cooking already when I installed Pets and they haven't been able to get the recipes despite countless hours of watching the Cooking Channel, but I recall someone said they had gotten one from "trade kitchen secrets", so it might just take persistence.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »
About that recipe Sosobaggins was asking; is there any recipe for a sim to learn to prepare the food for the pets?

They don't have to study a recipe.  I think they need at least one point of cooking skill, then the option to make gourmet pet food is available.  When my Sim made it, the food went directly into her inventory.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

loveSims

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
There is no recipe for the pet food. You just clock on the fridge and if your sim have cooking skill he can make it. It gives the pet a nice moodlet and make them live longer. My sim win a cooking competion at the bistro with it lol!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »
...and yet I had a sim who learned cooking after I installed Pets who had pet food recipes in her "known recipe" list (there was no recipe book to study - she just got them automatically), and my sim with cooking maxed went from 100% known to 86% known and can't make pet food.