Author Topic: Horse value  (Read 19145 times)

Chuckles_82

Horse value
« on: October 21, 2011, 11:23:31 PM »
Can anyone tell me what affects the value of a horse when you sell it? Do traits matter? I've read that skill does. What about age?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Horse value
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:59 PM »
I know if a horse has untrained, ornery or noisy, they seem to sell for less.  I think it even says if a horse has untrained for a trait that it won't sell for as much. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 05:11:43 AM »
The more they win competition, the higher the value rises. Check the skill opperunity on the horse. When you have supermaxed all the related skills, and the horse has good traits, than you can expect a lot of money.

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 09:18:26 AM »
Age I am not sure about. I sold an elder horse for about 15,000 so I don't imagine it hurts it much if at all because that's about what I get for my adult horses that I let get skilled up and get a bunch of good traits like this one.

Traits and skills make a huge difference. I've sold a horse as cheap as 800, he had no skills and I think his only traits were untrained, fast, and aggressive. Horses with no skills and only a few traits but the only bad one being un-trained have sold as high as 5000 for me.

The tool-tip for untrained says it makes a big deal with the sale price, but in comparison to other factors, I don't think it's as big of a hit, so I find it misleading. Depending how much space you have and what your goals are, this may or may not be something you want to focus on before selling a horse, rather than just selling it faster to breed another.

I get about 10000-15000 for horses with 3-4 good traits and about 5 skill points in each racing and jumping. Part of that I am sure is the bonus from the parent getting the achievement for 15 wins.

Jeza

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »
I just sold a horse more than 19,215 .

An adult mare, with 4 good traits (fast agile brave and genious) both skills maxed, with the bonus from her mother (15 jumping wins).
She never competed at all.

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
This is starting to look like a very decent money maker, if not for the time involved.  Selling a couple horses a week from breeding could net a nice income, though I doubt it could ever be as good as painting/tips from music.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »
This is starting to look like a very decent money maker, if not for the time involved.  Selling a couple horses a week from breeding could net a nice income, though I doubt it could ever be as good as painting/tips from music.

No. Horses do not even come close to painting and guitar playing. But, I really like the newness of the content and just doing something different for a change. Guitar playing and painting can be such a grind after a while.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »
Agreed: the time involved doesn't balance it out, but if you're having fun while you're at it I guess it doesn't matter.

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 05:36:45 PM »
my next personal assignment is to get both parents the 15 win selling bonus to see if it will affect the price further.

Just as a side note, I tested selling the same 4 horses with a sim that has the 'born salesperson' and a sim without even though the tooltips for it specifically say the consignment store, but I had to try.  On average the sim with the trait actually would have sold the horse for less, by about 5% for each horse, but multiple attempts to sell and canceling almost always had a different price.

Jeza

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
my next personal assignment is to get both parents the 15 win selling bonus to see if it will affect the price further.

I'm doing the same, only I'm trying first both 15 win selling bonus on the mother to see if it's cumulative.
And then I'm trying adding the father bonuses.

Edit :

Horse with same parents, same traits, same skills level, never competed, but this time the mother has both 15 win selling bonuses and the horse sold for 25 500  :o

Next one is about to be born, I'll have time to get at least one of the fathers bonuses before he is grown up and trained. I'll let you know how much it sells.

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 05:02:33 AM »
Agreed: the time involved doesn't balance it out, but if you're having fun while you're at it I guess it doesn't matter.

If your goal is to have fun, than yes, it absolutely doesn't matter. But beside painting nor guitar playing, selling nectar isn't beated yet when we're talking about making money by another way of skilling.

Breeding horses is a pretty slow way of making money, and a lot of evort need to be put in it. Though I personally agreed with the fokes here that it is a very interesting way to play this game.
And besides that: breeding the 'perfect' horse/unicorn can also be a real cool alternate goal.

anything