Author Topic: How to be a friend of wild animals?  (Read 11859 times)

Offline Summers

• Occult
How to be a friend of wild animals?
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:50:03 PM »
I found one raccoon this morning and watched it a bunch of times, then I was able to pet it. So I tried a bunch of pet actions but never get a menu for asking friend. I want to get wild animals as my household. Would it be possible?
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: How to be a friend of wild animals?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »
I don't know if it is possible to befriend a racoon and adopt it into your household.  You can catch minor pets (rodents, birds, snakes, turtles) as well as stray cats and dogs and wild horses/unicorns.  For the stray animals and wild horses/unicorns you have to have a certain level of relationship to ask them to join your household.  Do you see a relationship bar for the racoon?  It seems like some animals require a lot of watching before you get options for any other interactions, it might be worth spending more time racoon watching.  Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 03:30:35 PM »
I don't know if it is possible to befriend a racoon and adopt it into your household.  You can catch minor pets (rodents, birds, snakes, turtles) as well as stray cats and dogs and wild horses/unicorns.  For the stray animals and wild horses/unicorns you have to have a certain level of relationship to ask them to join your household.  Do you see a relationship bar for the racoon?  It seems like some animals require a lot of watching before you get options for any other interactions, it might be worth spending more time racoon watching.  Good luck!

Oh Thanks for the good answer.=) Actually, the raccoon is not shown in my relationships bar at all. Ok I will be more patient with them. Thanks for the tip!! :D

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »
I haven't really tried playing anything except for horses, but the Ark Builder LTW depends on having 2 cats, dogs, horses, birds, lizards, turtles, rodents, snakes, butterflies and beetles in your household...so I would think that raccoons would count as a rodent and therefore be able to adopt at some point.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »
I haven't really tried playing anything except for horses, but the Ark Builder LTW depends on having 2 cats, dogs, horses, birds, lizards, turtles, rodents, snakes, butterflies and beetles in your household...so I would think that raccoons would count as a rodent and therefore be able to adopt at some point.

Ahhh alright. I've been trying to level up charisma skill to raise the relationships with sims and animals faster. And now my guess was right!! I could make a best friend with a dog in a short while. It was much easier than other sims. My sim's LTW is being a private eye. I just want to bring up the wild animals for hobby.:)

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »
According to the prima guide you can NOT add a raccoon or deer to your household
but other wild animals like unicorns, wild horses and strays you can.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 05:47:33 PM »
According to the prima guide you can NOT add a raccoon or deer to your household
but other wild animals like unicorns, wild horses and strays you can.

Oh no.....I will be sad..:'(  Even with a cheat?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
I'd be interested to know just how many of each type of interactions it takes to get to the required level to adopt a unicorn/sixam/falcon, since it is a hidden skill. Do certain actions level it faster? Like playing with a minor pet as opposed to watching them in the wild?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 07:49:22 PM »
Raccoons are not allowed in household and no cheat will allow that.  Same for deer.  There are no interactions or UI associated with those wild animals.  Rodents in the game are the minor animals that are listed in the minor pet guide Carl put up.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 01:09:55 PM »
...so I would think that raccoons would count as a rodent and therefore be able to adopt at some point.

While it has been stated already that raccoons cannot be added to the household, I'd like to take a moment to also point out that raccoons aren't rodents.  They're more closely related to dogs and bears than they are to any rodent.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »
I'd be interested to know just how many of each type of interactions it takes to get to the required level to adopt a unicorn/sixam/falcon, since it is a hidden skill. Do certain actions level it faster? Like playing with a minor pet as opposed to watching them in the wild?

How many minor pets should I have for the pets to gain the level up?
I have 5 pet friends but I don't grow any pet as my household at the moment.