Author Topic: Stray cats/dogs don't come back  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
Stray cats/dogs don't come back
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:19:16 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm new here. :)
I started playing The Sims 3 Pets recently and encountered a small problem. My Sim's LTW is Animal Rescuer, but when I try to interact with strays that come to my lot, I don't seem to be able to befriend them. So far I've met 4 or 5 stray cats and dogs, but they run away after a few interactions and never come back. If I follow them, the game says they are 'going home' and soon they just disappear into nowhere. Maybe I have to wait a bit longer, but it's been a couple of sim weeks already. I see the same wild horses almost every day, but cats and dogs don't return and I can't find them on other lots either.

Is it a glitch or is there another way to find them? I'm playing in Sunset Valley.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Stray cats/dogs don't come back
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 05:39:52 AM »
I have experienced the same problem Darien, and I'm afraid I haven't found a solution. I know I'm not the only one with this problem either - hopefully someone will have tips, or else this LTW is just impossible.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Stray cats/dogs don't come back
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 05:48:54 AM »
Adopting pets from your neighbors count towards the total, so it's not exactly impossible.  It just doesn't seem to be able to be completed by adopting strays.   :-\
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.