Author Topic: Sims 3 - Factory Reset: Fix Your Game with 1/4 the Time of a Reinstall  (Read 171455 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Factory Reset: Fix Your Game with 1/4 the Time of a Reinstall
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »
That all depends on how the sims are exported. If they're exported while in CAS, they will download into your game as CAS sims. But if you export them as a household from the bin, they should download as household.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »
You're awesome.  ;D

I did not know that, now I do, and that will work!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »
My game has gotten so slow lately I was wondering if I did this would it make my game run smother?

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »
From my own experience, it helped. It also forced me to deal with a lot of downloads and things I never used or no longer used that I could get rid of.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. I really hope this fixes it so I can play and build large houses again.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2012, 05:53:11 AM »
Thanks so much! (only just saw this topic) My game is so much smoother and now I can run on the highest quality with no sticking! I used to have to run it on lowest quality  ;D

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2012, 05:41:13 AM »
...ok, so I want to do a factory reset, but my Downloads folder is empty, because periodically I'm cleaning the downloads folder, so the content is now stored in DCCache folder. So, how to do it proper if no downloads in downloads folder ? :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2012, 07:54:14 AM »
If you don't have any downloads in your downloads folder, you can still do this factory reset.  It just means that you will need to redownload everything from the websites where you get your items.    I recommend that this time around you save your downloads in a folder somewhere else so you don't have to redownload them all again.   

If you're wondering how to do this without having to redownload, you could keep your DCCache file but then you wouldn't be doing a full factory reset and some of the issues you're trying to fix may remain.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »
If you're wondering how to do this without having to redownload, you could keep your DCCache file but then you wouldn't be doing a full factory reset and some of the issues you're trying to fix may remain.
So, in my case, it is impossible to do a proper Factory Reset. I'm using custom content since 2009, so it's insanity to redownload and find all of them :).   A program that could acces DDCache files to select and delete what do you wish would be great, but till then.... only hope :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
So, in my case, it is impossible to do a proper Factory Reset. I'm using custom content since 2009, so it's insanity to redownload and find all of them :).   A program that could acces DDCache files to select and delete what do you wish would be great, but till then.... only hope :)

No, you wouldn't be able to do a full factory reset, like Ricalynn said. Just learn a lesson from this and next time, backup your downloads somewhere else before you delete them from The Sims 3 folder. If you're having some serious problems though, I would suggest doing the reset and redownload what content you can find.

I wish I knew of a DCCache program to help you, but I haven't heard about anything of the sort. :-\

naiichai

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2012, 05:40:23 PM »
Hi, I just want to thank youuuuuuu. I was sooo frustrated for two days trying to figure out what was wrong, and this worked perfectly :D ! So i made an account so I could say AWESUM SAUCE :D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »

If you use the tutorial at Nonasims here you can probably selectively remove individual CC items from the .dbc file in DCCache using S3pe.  I haven't tried it myself though. That way you would only have to re-download what you want to remove (unless you kept a copy of the individual .package files).

EDIT: I've tried it for deleting objects that come with a world, and it doesn't work - the game won't launch - but that's not to say it won't work for other custom content. Someone else with a lot more experience might know for sure.

Offline KrissXed

• Nooboo
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2012, 07:14:35 PM »
Can I just say thank you? Thank you thank you thank you!

I have been having so many issues with my legacy house and have been getting so **ed off about it. I had done everything from deleting all my caches and removing mods and CC and everything I could think of, but none of it worked. My game kept glitching, my NPCs weren't showing up, I couldn't enter edit town because it said that I couldn't while someone was moving (but no one was) and I was getting so frustrated that I just started a new town. NPC's still wren't showing up, and I couldn't move the family I made into the house I created for them... the house would just never load after switching active families.

Then I saw this thread and.. THANK YOU THANK YOU! I was starting to consider the horror of reinstalling 6 expansion packs, 4 stuff packs, and all the patches.. and I just couldn't even fathom how long that was going to take me...

THANK YOU! I wasn't able to save my legacy house, but I was able to move a house into Apaloosa and play with it a bit. I am going to attempt the house from the other game and see if it works, and will get back to you. Cross your fingers!

Offline KrissXed

• Nooboo
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »
*sigh*

Issue with the NPC's is gone, along with all my other issues... but my town is still freezing when I try to get into a custom build house.

*cry* :'(

I'm wondering if the house is just too big? Is that even possible? It's on the 64x64 in Apaloosa Plains.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »
Thanks so much for this! It is great to have a step by step guide how to do this.

But I can't help thinking: Aren't we all forgetting something here? What about the Library file? I believe you have to transfer that too right?

I have a question regarding this. I know you can transfer over the Saved Sims folder but is there any way to transfer over your Households from the Households tab in Edit Town?

Aren't those also in the library?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

anything