Author Topic: Sims 3 - Factory Reset: Fix Your Game with 1/4 the Time of a Reinstall  (Read 171464 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Factory Reset: Fix Your Game with 1/4 the Time of a Reinstall
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »
Hey Esther did you do a resetSim * on the town?  You could have some weird routing causing issues.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2013, 03:22:45 PM »
Yes I did. I played a little while last night and it seems to come and go. I reset the town several times. I'm thinking of packing him up and moving to SV, but he's level 9 in the singer career and I'm trying to make it to level 10 before moving.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »
Yes I did. I played a little while last night and it seems to come and go. I reset the town several times. I'm thinking of packing him up and moving to SV, but he's level 9 in the singer career and I'm trying to make it to level 10 before moving.

Every time I've played in Starlight Shores the game has become impossibly laggy in about the second week.  Last time I tried, the game was pausing every 10 minutes (game time).  Resetting provides a temporary, very short-term fix only.  I've pretty much given up on trying to play in that town.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »
Sounds like SS is as bad as BP! Ah well, I know he will keep his career and skills so I might just get him and his family out of there.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »
Every time I've played in Starlight Shores the game has become impossibly laggy in about the second week.  Last time I tried, the game was pausing every 10 minutes (game time).  Resetting provides a temporary, very short-term fix only.  I've pretty much given up on trying to play in that town.

Starlight Shores (Snores) played without a glitch until maybe like 10 weeks in for me (Or two generations of Sims, however long that may be.)
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2013, 05:47:41 PM »
Starlight Shores (Snores) played without a glitch until maybe like 10 weeks in for me (Or two generations of Sims, however long that may be.)

Interesting.  I'd sure like to know what makes the same town behave so differently in different peoples' games.  I have a new, very powerful computer, so I know that isn't the problem.  But it would be nice to know why things like this happen.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »
Interesting.  I'd sure like to know what makes the same town behave so differently in different peoples' games.  I have a new, very powerful computer, so I know that isn't the problem.  But it would be nice to know why things like this happen.

This might be because of Overwatch, do you run it?

Fausta Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2013, 06:30:20 PM »
This might be because of Overwatch, do you run it?

No, I have no Mods in my game.  Are you saying that it is Overwatch that keeps your game from having the Starlight Shores lag that my game experiences?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
No, I have no Mods in my game.  Are you saying that it is Overwatch that keeps your game from having the Starlight Shores lag that my game experiences?

Possibly. At the time I was in Starlight Snores, I ran Twallan's Storyprog, Errortrap, and Overwatch. Since the other two don't speed up your game, Overwatch is the only logical choice. Of course, this is the Sims, and maybe my game was just being Special.

Fausta Legacy

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2013, 06:43:13 PM »
Possibly. At the time I was in Starlight Snores, I ran Twallan's Storyprog, Errortrap, and Overwatch. Since the other two don't speed up your game, Overwatch is the only logical choice. Of course, this is the Sims, and maybe my game was just being Special.

Wiry, given your inherent specialness, I could just about believe that.  ;)

By the way, when you typed the name of the town above, did you mean to spell it like that, or was it a typo?

Edited to add:  I'm afraid we're straying slightly from the topic here.  My fault.  I just couldn't resist "Starlight Snores"!

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2013, 06:49:38 PM »
Wiry, given your inherent specialness, I could just about believe that.  ;)

By the way, when you typed the name of the town above, did you mean to spell it like that, or was it a typo?

Edited to add:  I'm afraid we're straying slightly from the topic here.  My fault.  I just couldn't resist "Starlight Snores"!

Yeah, sorry about the off topic. That was intentional  ;D

Fausta Legacy

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2013, 11:09:31 PM »
I moved them to SV and the same thing is happening. The only thing I have done differently the last week or so is buy and install Diesel. It's getting frustrating to play, even in SV where I used to have no problems at all. How could Diesel mess the game up?  :'(

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2013, 06:34:38 AM »
I moved them to SV and the same thing is happening. The only thing I have done differently the last week or so is buy and install Diesel. It's getting frustrating to play, even in SV where I used to have no problems at all. How could Diesel mess the game up?  :'(
Try opening a brand spankin New world and a new family.  See if problems persist.

Fausta Legacy

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2013, 08:55:39 AM »
Well... the more Expansions/Stuff Packs you have, the harder will run the game due to much content from the packs.  I don't have Diesel and I don't believe that Diesel is messing your game...

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »
I hope it's not! I'm in Marion right now so I can't check but I should be going home tomorrow.

anything