Author Topic: Silly horse oddities  (Read 6661 times)

Offline Lesleyxxx

• Townie
  • Closest possible to real me!
Silly horse oddities
« on: October 30, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »
What does your horse do or refuse to do and why? [if you got a clue why]

Mine will not even try to walk near and arch, never mind through it. It's a high arch that's as wide as a double gate, but complete refusal everytime he's near it. In the end I deleted it. Only possible reason I can think of is maybe it isn't 2 gates wide at the head level?

Backing up round corners away from my sim, to take a wider path back round to sim, when all he needed to do was 3 or 4 steps forward.  There wasn't anything in the way. I don't have a clue why.

A whole day of refusing to even try the beginner jumps that they trot over. Then as soon as my sim gave up and went in he goes and jumps over a big jump! [wall jump] Just plain contrary? LOL

The one thing I hate though - Constantly walking into and through things.  Makes me think there's something out of sink [sp?] somewhere?  Standing half through a wall to drink water from mid-air when the trough is under the back legs? Licking on the salt lick which is just outside the stall, by walking into the stall and half way through into the next stall - stood with the wall through it's middle and one back leg sticking out where the salt lick actually is. Sigh. Glitches!

Still love pets and horses though  :)

MaryMarsh

Re: Silly horse oddities
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 06:00:01 PM »

Mine will not even try to walk near and arch, never mind through it. It's a high arch that's as wide as a double gate, but complete refusal everytime he's near it. In the end I deleted it. Only possible reason I can think of is maybe it isn't 2 gates wide at the head level?

I can't speak to the other things you've mentioned, Lesley. Those are glitches I dearly hope EA will remedy, right along with timeouts that occur when our little darlings are trying to maneuver round each other.

However, about arches and doors -- horses won't go through them. The only portals or doorways they'll transit are the four barn doors/openings available in Build Mode in the Doors section. It's a crying shame because I had in mind a stunning arched pavillion for a barn, but no can do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 06:14:17 PM »
Refusing to jump the cavaletties may be because your horse is:
a) in a bad mood/had the saddle on too long; or
b) has the trait/s ornery and/or hates jumping.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 06:44:03 PM »
Well, the one thing is, the foal will go into the same stall as its momma and then shakes his head when you click on him to nap.  Not sure what that is all about, but it is not a game breaker, it is just if he sleeps outside without his mom, they get that moodlet.  I have noticed alot of backing up lately and pathing issues, no matter how big the pasture is, seems they always want to be in the same place at the same time.  Still, not a game breaker, just annoying, but I everything else is fine. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »
I have noticed this with all the pets but it is partically funny to see a horse take the subway!!
I hope this is a mistake and that EA will include that in next patch to stop them from doing it! I mean I want them to get some exercise by trotting to the places I want them to go but noooo they have to take that subway!

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 03:43:08 PM »
Has anyone seen what can happen when the horses play with the horse ball? Sometimes they don't push it properly and end up wrapped around it and almost stuck. It's very funny and very cute.

Offline Lesleyxxx

• Townie
  • Closest possible to real me!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 05:20:11 PM »
Yeah they all do that hehehe.  I always imagine they're exhausted and taking a short rest laying on it using it for support. That may be completely wrong though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »
Well, the one thing is, the foal will go into the same stall as its momma and then shakes his head when you click on him to nap.  Not sure what that is all about, but it is not a game breaker, it is just if he sleeps outside without his mom, they get that moodlet.  I have noticed alot of backing up lately and pathing issues, no matter how big the pasture is, seems they always want to be in the same place at the same time.  Still, not a game breaker, just annoying, but I everything else is fine. :)

The stall cannot have anything attached to walls of the back right corner.  Although a fence can be attached on the outside of the stall leading away.  See the picture below.  My foals will sleep in the two stalls on the right but none of the others.

anything