Author Topic: Strays Staying?  (Read 2454 times)

Romeos1900

Strays Staying?
« on: November 01, 2011, 03:10:02 PM »
I have a single sim with 6 dogs and I have actually had a few strays stick around. For weeks. I wasn't a member at the time so I didn't think to take pictures and I had added them to the house hold for breeding purposes over time, but I am curious if anyone knows how to cause this to happen again. I never chose to interact with the strays, my dogs did on their own sometimes, but I doubt it was a BFF related thing because I did have the dogs build relationships for breeding and to test of out the new expansion.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Strays Staying?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:46:43 PM »
I think it might be a random issue in each game.  I've had a game where strays showed up for a couple of days and never returned.  Now I'm playing a game where no strays have been seen at all and I'm half way into week 2.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Romeos1900

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:50:53 PM »
I mean they stay on my lot, sorry for not being clear. They aren't a member of the family but they never leave. In the same fashion as the butler.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 12:43:21 AM »
I'm finding that I have the opposite problem.  I can never get a stray to stay longer than two or three interactions.  It's definitely never enough to make friends with them or adopt them. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Romeos1900

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 03:32:51 AM »
Have you tried getting one of your pets to befriend the stray. I have a few theories but I'm not sure out to make a good test for them.
1. I made my lot in the new pets world and leveled it. I't was the side of a mountain. It was so I had a cool massive "fence" for my dogs to play in the yard. Maybe I'm getting in the way of the stray's path so it just stays. 2. Some of my dogs were BFF's with the stray in 3 sim days. I try to avoid directly controlling the animals, just my play type. That means that they played a lot, mlaybe the pets have a different effect then the people. 3. I did have all 3 gnome pet welcome signs.

anything