Author Topic: How long do I have to wait before I can adopt again?  (Read 26027 times)

Offline SimPenguin

• Townie
How long do I have to wait before I can adopt again?
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
Hi - Short story long, the wife had twins just as a fire broke out, and then the fireman got stuck, while the toddler was screaming and the teenager was having a mood swing...  End result, my doggies were taken away by the social worker for neglect!  I blame it on my lack of memory and game glitches preventing me from moving fast enough.   >:(

Now I'm trying to adopt again and it's saying I have to wait "quite a while".  Does anyone know how long that is?  I don't particularly want to deal with charming a stray into my fold and it's been *days*.

Dellena

Re: How long do I have to wait before I can adopt again?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »
Does your Sim have a debuff in relation to this?  If so, it probably has a timer on it.  Otherwise, I don't know.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
You can always add two new dogs via Edit Town to the household.  Just go into CAS and make the two dogs you want then merge with your household.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline SimPenguin

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
Dellena: Do you mean a moodlet?  I don't see one.  The probation period makes sense to me as a game-play thing, but I'm pretty sure it's been at least three days since the event and I'm still turned away for having a record when I try to do it by phone.

I didn't think about trying to add via town edit - That should work.  Still, I don't like having a record - I'd like to know the rules.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »
Debuff is a term in The Sims Medieval, and a general term in games like RP's - it's a negative moodlet. Buff is a positive moodlet.

In Ambitions, if you're caught detonating often, you'll be stopped from blowing stuff up for a week. Maybe that's how long you need to wait?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »
When a child is removed from the home (I've had this happen before..thanks bugged babysitters!), the wait is 7 days if I remember correctly.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline SimPenguin

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
Thanks everyone - It sounds like 7 days is a good bet and I don't think I've gone quite that long.  I'll report back if I can pin down the actual amount for future readers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything