Author Topic: Sims With Pets May Live Longer  (Read 7952 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Sims With Pets May Live Longer
« on: November 13, 2011, 12:26:10 PM »
So I had a weird thing happen.  My sim who was 91 died of old age.  When Grim came to get him I got a shorter than usual death animation - no sim begging for a reprieve or shaking hands with Grim.  Next thing I knew Grim was leaning over the family dog as if he was about to pat her on the head and I got a message that the dog had saved the sim's life.  Lo and behold, the sim came back to life on the spot.  The sim and the dog were BFF at the time of the sim's death.  Apparently pets can petition Grim for mercy on behalf of their owners - and we all know that Grim has a soft heart when it comes to animals.

Has anyone else had the same thing happen?  If so, does it happen often?  Does it seem to be based on the relationship between the pet and the dead sim?

Right now my formerly deceased sim is alive and well and enjoying his second chance at life.  I'll let you know what happens when Grim comes for him the next time.

Dellena

Re: Sims With Pets May Live Longer
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »
Great info!  I think there were rumors that pets could save a sim but not how.  Thanks for posting!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »
I heard this in the rumors that pets could save people's life. You know I supposed rescuing when they are drowning but this is better.

Offline lunaura

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 06:38:54 AM »
@Katluvr: What life stage/day was he at when he came back to life? Was he still an elder?

Also, this is such a neat idea!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »
I had a similar thing happen to my sims husband a young adult . The biggest meteor I've ever seen fell on him . I tried to make him move as I saw the large shadow over him but it was as if he was stuck in that spot . The large meteor fell on him , the Grim came , he lost his inventory and career ( Horsemanship ) . Then I get a message that the dog had saved his life . I carried on playing my game . He still had all of his skills , he just lost his career which was about all done . He came back as a young adult just where he was when he died .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »
@Lunaura - Yes, my sim was 91 and died of old age.  He came back at the same age and with all the same skills.  I never checked to see if his career was intact (he was a self-employed gardener). 

I have an update.  Apparently my sim's reprieve was very short-lived (not surprising given his age).  He died of old age three days after he came back.  The second time it was the normal Grim scene with the sim begging for his life and Grim slapping him into eternity.  At least he got to see his granddaughter turn into a toddler and spend a few more days with his family.  :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing this. I had a report of horses saving Sims, and that made it to the guide. Looks like some edits are in order.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »
I recently had a sim who was saved from death (old age) by her horse.  After Death let her live her lifespan was reset to the beginning of elderhood.

Offline CowgirlBlues

• Llama Wrangler
    • My Sims Page
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
I had a Sim crushed by a meteor! All his pets were Best Friend Horses were on the lot at the time, but none of them saved my Sim from Grim.

Actually I think he saved the horse's life. The horse noticed the sky was suddenly getting dark, and after a minute she moved out of the way, and the screen exploded in a cloud of dust and fire. When the dust cleared there was a Gigantic Space Rock and a lot of scrap all around, and all the horses were panicked. Grim came and sent Billy Roy to the grave. He still haunts the ranch.
Check out my app "Equestrian Center - Horse Guide for The Sims 3:Pets" for iPhone and iPad. Everything you need to know to adopt, befriend, train, breed, and sell your horses. All about Unicorns too! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/equestrian-center-horse-guide/id482247698?mt=8&uo=4