Author Topic: Who let the dogs out?  (Read 2062 times)

Leto85

Who let the dogs out?
« on: November 14, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
I've read when Pets where just a rumor that you could take a walk with your dog.
Not that I've encountered the option just yet, but I am wondering if this is even possible. And if yes, do you need to buy a dogs trap (?), if that is the correct translation.

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: Who let the dogs out?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:03:26 PM »
You can take your dog for a walk, and you don't need to buy a lead or anything to do so.

It gives the option to walk to community places, but I lived a long way from them so my dog was too exhausted most of the time to get there!
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »
I'll second that that rumor is true!  In English, it would be called a leash or a lead.  The great thing is that to fulfill a wish to go for a walk, you don't have to go far.  Have the sim and the dog start walking; they'll head for their mailbox first, then along the street in the direction of their destination.  As soon as they hit the street (perhaps even sooner) you can cancel the action and you'll still fulfill the wish.  As callycat says, walking your dog to a location is very time consuming.  It's a cute and realistic interaction, but not very practical.  To walk the dog, just click on them when your sim is selected and the option to walk is there.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 06:23:30 PM »
Thanks to you both! :D
Than I assume letting the dogs out is like walking with your toddler in a (forgive my English) 'chair on wheels' or something like that. That one goes slow also, so I guess it's more added for animation, used for making movies.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »
Yes!  Dog-walking and taking a toddler in a stroller are very similar in terms of their cuteness and their lack of respect for my sims' times!

anything