Author Topic: Thanks & Logo  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Thanks & Logo
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »
It looks like everything related to the forum upgrade is complete. Thank you, everyone, for your patience through the instability. That last little shake was a glitch while I was installing the nice logo Leto volunteered to make for us. It looks great, doesn't it? Naga made our last one but the blue just doesn't match any more. If you can't see the new one, Control + F5 :)

After all that work, I am going to enjoy the long weekend and relax. I hope you get to do the same. Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans and Canadians out there, and to anyone who is thankful for what they have.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
Re: Thanks & Logo
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:32:41 AM »
Logo looks great and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.  I am thankful for all of you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »
That's a really cool logo!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:46:22 AM »
Nice logo. I was wondering though, when you click on the "Carl's Sims 3 Guide", should it take us to the guide? Because it just keeps redirecting me to the forum.

Sportsfan

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 12:50:03 AM »
It's supposed to take you to the forum I think.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 12:55:56 AM »
Most forums have a link to the forum main page on the top of them.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 01:15:33 AM »
Yeah, it's designed to go to the forum's install dir. I put in the custom menu next to the home link for jumping to guide sections, which is better... just doesn't stand out too much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »
I think it is a little confusing that a logo that says "Carl's the Sims 3 Guide" goes to the forum rather than the guide. And the drop down menu you mentioned - I assume that's the one labelled "The Sims 3" to the right of "Home"? I wouldn't know that that drop down menu takes you to guide subjects, because it's not directly labelled as such...

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 02:37:08 AM »
Maybe the drop down menu should be labled 'The Sims 3 Guide' instead of just 'The Sims 3'

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 02:45:42 AM »
I think it should say Carl and Pam's Sims 3 Forum for this because I thought it would take me to the Guide. Another thing is that it looks a bit odd on my Blue Theme because it's got a Green Background on a Blue Theme but it is still a great Logo, well done Leto!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 08:50:04 AM »
The logo does look very nice; well done, Leto!

And I agree that it would make more sense for the logo to say Carl and Pam's Sims 3 Forum, since that's what this site is.  I would also expect that clicking on something that says Carl's Sims3 Guide would, in fact, take me to the Guide.  It's a wee bit confusing as is.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 09:04:36 AM »
Ok I get the confusion :) The banner now goes to the guide when clicked, so it doesn't need to be changed. It is relevant to have here as an advertisement for the free guide on the front end of the site. Many folks come in with google searches and can be made aware of its existence that way, as you cannot tell at a glance that it even exists.

I added 'Guide' to the navigation to make that clear as well. Thanks for the critique, I always view it as helpful and it's what has helped me to forge the site over time. :)

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys. :)
At Carl: it will take just a minute or two to change the text and another two minutes and a email to send it to you.
In other words: Say the word! :D

anything