Author Topic: My game is running slow, can you help?  (Read 3842 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
My game is running slow, can you help?
« on: November 28, 2011, 06:53:15 PM »
I just installed Pets and Generations and I don't know if my computer just can't handle it, but it has become almost impossible to play.

The game freezes all the time, it's worst right after I'm in build/buy mode. It takes me forever in CAS and I usually end up so angry I switch off the power, as long as the game doesn't crash by itself first.

I've tried the cleaning up my game stuff and it didn't help much. I think Sunset Valley is working the best, but I really want to check out Appalosa Plains. (don't think I spelled that right) Oh and reset sim does reset the sim, but the game isn't going any faster. Can someone please help me?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: I'm almost ready to give up
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:13:39 PM »
Have you tried resetSim *? Maybe there is a stuck sim in the world and that resets every sim in the world.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:29:39 AM »
When you installed those expansions, did you do a fresh install? With that I mean uninstall everything and install beginning with sims3 in the order all the packs was released? I didn't at first with Pets and had many problems, but after a fresh install, everything works fine.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 01:40:31 AM »
@alex51299:

First off, would you please change the subject of this thread to something more specific to your issue?  You can use the Modify button on the original post to do so. 

Secondly, I agree that a fresh re-install would be good in your case.  There are cache files you can delete on a regular basis to help keep the game running, but it might not be enough at this point.  It's always a good idea to re-install the game from time to time and the installation of a new expansion or stuff is the perfect opportunity.  I also suggest you look on our Technical Help board for topics regarding backing up your game and doing the clean re-install.  Let us know how it works out for you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: My game is running slow, can you help?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 07:46:58 PM »
Sorry about that Pam, I changed the title accordingly.

Second, I think I wil try the reinstall process as soon as I'm up for it. ( I have about a million projects due in the next week and I haven't even had time to think about Sims) I have one question though. I have all EP's except WA. (kinda funny since it was the first one) Anyway once I get WA, should I reinstall again, but this time with WA as the first expansion? Or should I just install it as it is and leave it at that?

loveSims

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:02:15 AM »
When you get world adventures its best to install everyhing again. :)

Sportsfan

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »
Not always necessary though. I didn't when I got it and my game runs fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
I had heard somewhere it's best to install them in the order they come out, but I got HELS after LN, and I installed it without uninstalling everything else and it was fine. I did however back my folder up in case there was a problem. Always back your files up before doing anything to the game. Also, when doing a clean uninstall and reinstalling, it's best to do it by the order they came out.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 02:58:41 PM »
Thanks again everyone for your suggestions. I actually settled on using the factory reset, which I believe was posted by MoonsAreBlue. My game is running so much better now, and I may even be able to start my long craved immortal dynasty! If anyone else has a slow running game, I highly encourage using the factory reset before anything else.

anything