Author Topic: Edit Mode and Building Guide Relocation  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Edit Mode and Building Guide Relocation
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »
All building guides can now be found here http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/buildedit/. This move was spurred on by Twinmum giving me her new guide to Edit Mode. This goes on to a guide that talks a lot about Lots. You can learn about all the various lot types that can be placed, and also what types of Sims will be attracted there. All-in-all this is a wonderful rundown of most everything people need to know in order to use this oft-confusing features.

So, by popular demand, we finally have an edit town guide for you all. Suggestions for additions are welcome here.

Thank you, Twinmum for this great release. Oh, and that great shot on the front page of the building guide? Joria's creation for me: Carl's Castle in its glory. Someday, I'll share it with everyone I just need a big collection of screenshots to show it off! :)

Carl

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Edit Mode and Building Guide Relocation
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »
Thomas is almost done on a 3-page piece for pools. I'm not sure what's coming out after that, but I know it's good :D

We are very open to suggestions for anything build-related. Capable writers are preferred. Even if you don't want to write, but see a hole in our coverage, pass it along.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 01:43:49 PM »
I have been looking forward to this move :D building is finally getting upgraded :D great article ! I have 2 minor addition, I post them here, or just post them at the section as usal ?
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
Throw 'em on the corrections board. I have a few things to take care of there and will get to doing them eventually.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 04:36:32 PM »
Some things cannot be changed as these were added when the world was created. Examples of these things in Sunset Valley are street lights, a few small estate signs, the dome beside the science facility and the runway and buildings behind the military base.

You can remove the dome in the World Editor, I did it today. It's a great guide though and very useful with all that information! Thank you Twinmum!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »
You can remove the dome in the World Editor, I did it today.

Oh my word, how did I not see that? I thought I'd tried to remove it with World Editor too. I just removed it and the buildings behind the military base.. it just left the roads there!
Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:26:18 PM »
But even with them removed, you still can't build on those areas.  They remain, non-routable.  Did you know you can remove parts of SV landscape and turn it into an island?  I was trying to remove some of the trees to make rendering faster and as I clicked on one section, (off behind the military area), it lifted an entire piece of landscape!
So I deleted it to see what it did and voila, Sunset Island!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 01:37:26 AM »
But even with them removed, you still can't build on those areas.  They remain, non-routable.  Did you know you can remove parts of SV landscape and turn it into an island?  I was trying to remove some of the trees to make rendering faster and as I clicked on one section, (off behind the military area), it lifted an entire piece of landscape!
So I deleted it to see what it did and voila, Sunset Island!

That will be the Distant Terrain you moved. It's a Create a World object which you can place to make a World be part of a Mainland. I can't get the hang of them very well though because they are massive and hard to get in place.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]