Joria - Joyeaux
17 (32.1%)
Katluvr - North Pole, South
13 (24.5%)
Norenegonc - La Nuit Noël
8 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: January 03, 2012, 12:23:45 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 8, 2011 - Santa's Sunshine Escape - Open for Comments  (Read 7074 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Building Contest 8 – Santa’s Sunshine Escape

You must read the Rules and Instructions Thread first, if you haven't already. Updates have been made.

Your Task:
Santa works hard over the holiday season and just needs to get away after the New Year. Your task is to build Santa a sunshine escape home that maintains the feel of the holidays (he is still Santa after all) and provides a place for Santa, Mrs. Santa, the elves, and perhaps even the reindeer to unwind and relax. (Due to the continued lack of a Seasons EP in TS3 our holiday themed build cannot have snow, so we’re going with this idea instead.)

Specifications:
  • Minimum Number of Beds: for 5 Sims - Santa, Mrs. Santa, 3 elves of any age. (Do not add any Sims)
  • Budget: Unlimited!
  • Lot Size: 50x50
  • Other: Gourmet Kitchen for Mrs. Santa, Workshop for the elves, Ultimate Man Cave for Santa, Luxury Outdoor Space(s) to enjoy the sun.
  • Holiday Themed Free Store Content: For use to create the feel of the holidays
       Happy Holiday Presents
       More Holiday Presents
       Tis the Season for Gift Giving
Optional Specifications:
  • Stables for reindeer.

Current Status: Open for Comments

Contest Start Date: 12:00am, Friday, December 2, 2011   
Contest End Date: 11:59pm, Thursday, December 29, 2011

Do not post any comments or compliments in this Thread until the Contest is closed, any questions please PM either samoht04 or Lilygirl.

How to post your entry?
When you post your entry you need to have a name for your House/Lot, it can be as imaginative as you want, you also have to describe your entry, imagine you are trying to sell it to someone, you will need pictures, a maximum of 10 although you can have less, you need to post the Lot size and the price of your entry, this is an example of how you lay it out:

House Name:
Price:
Lot Size:
Description:
Content:
Pictures with annotation:
Download Link:

For information on how to upload to the Swap Shop and upload Screenshots, See the Rules and Instructions Thread.

Current Entries: - Listed by Date of Entry and Approval
SassySimmer - Nicholas' Getaway
Ratchie - Get your Claus out
Joria - Joyeaux
Katluvr - North Pole, South

If you have any questions about the contests then please PM - samoht04 or Lilygirl, with your questions!

Last Update: Dec 13 - extended deadline to Dec 29.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
Re: Building Contest 8 - Santa's Sunshine Escape
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
Santa's Grotto Nicholas' Getaway

Size:  50x50
Content: All EP's and SP's
Cost: 263,059 furnished
Store Content: Free content mentioned above, as well as Eco Pack, Havest Bounty, Earth Day and Happy New Year 2012.

Description:  For the first time ever we have been privileged with an insider look at philanthropist's Nicholas S. Claws' home.  He has opened his doors and let us in to see the most magical sights we have ever seen.  Mrs Claws is a wonderful little cook and delighted in making supper for us and the children where so full of energy it was hard to keep up with them. 

Mr Claws (who insisted on us calling him Nick), his wife and their adopted children (who he sometimes slips up and calls them the most affectionate name of the 'Little Elves'), greeted us at the front door when we first arrived, to this most wondrous place.

The grounds themselves are vast and have large Children's play house (which they have lovingly nicknamed the 'Workshop'), Stables, for seven 'horses' (however, we were told that six of them were off enjoying a holiday) and the Stables also has a private area for Nick to have some alone time when he wants it, there is also a pond and a swimming pool. 

The children showed us around the 'Workshop' (at the back of the property), once inside we were greeted by a long corridor and two doors off shooting from it that were password protected via switches outside the doors.  The children showed us to the door on the right which housed three benches where the children demonstrated there favourite past time which was making toys for those less fortunate.

Upstairs is where the children keep all the toys that they have made.  Anson was kind enough to show us as he had just finished making a teddy bear and needed to put it away.

Nick showed us around the stables, there was no doors to the stables something to do with 'pathing issues'.  Although you can tell that the Stables are used they are in a reasonable order, no awful smells, the water looks crystal fresh and even though the wood looks worn it is very strong.  However, it was upstairs that Nick was most wanting to show us.  He has like a big kid, very excited in showing us this new video game the 'Elves' had just come up with.  When we got upstairs there were toys every where and a giant snowman; but Nick looked very much like he belonged.  He put on the video game and we took a quick snap, before joining him.

I asked him what was behind the divider and he explained that it was were he could keep a check on his work - who was doing well and who was doing not so well.  I said that it was kind of like a 'naughty and nice' list and he just smiled at me.

We then went to the patio area for a dip in the pool.  Nick explained that Mrs Claws burned really easily in the sun as she wasn't use to the warm weather that often occurred and therefore used a ton of suntan cream as well as an umbrella.  The children ran around for a bit before one decided to fish, the other swim and the other sunbathe.  Nick loved the bubbles in the Jacuzzi.  When asked about the tile design for the pool, Nick replied that he always wanted to swim in a giant bowl of sweets and that the design felt much like that, to which there was a round of agreeance from the children.

Before the day was out Mrs Claws took us into the kitchen, where, as we chatted, she whipped up a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and dessert.  All without breaking a sweat!

The children where enjoying going for a joy ride in the living room when we were all called for tea.

As the day closed we sat down with Nick and his family and enjoyed the best meal I have ever had!

Down stairs floor plan

Upstairs floor plan

To enjoy this magical home for yourself please click the download link

♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »
Name:Get your Claus out.
Lot Size:50 by 50
Furnished:178,206
EP and Sp used:Base game,Ambitions(sculpting station,inventing table,drawing table)WA(display cabinets and relics)Late night(hot tub and curved pool)

Are you a man who only works one day a year while the rest of the year your poorly paid employees work their fingers to the bone. Well if you are then you obviously need a vacation home.
Ratchie Estates proudly presents this luxury log cabin.It has two large bedrooms,three bathrooms and a stable which is suitable for two reindeer sorry I mean horses.

Here we have the front of the property.

To the rear of the property is a relaxing pool area.

This bedroom has enough space for three elves children plus you can see the adjoining bathroom.

Here we have the master bed and bathroom.

The living room has a study area.

Here we have the eat in kitchen.

There is a fully equipped work shop.After all you don't want the elves to get to relaxed on holiday.Those toys are not going to make themselves.

Finally we have some space especially created for the man who needs time be a man.

Rachel
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8057.0.html
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 04:04:42 AM »
Joyeaux means joy, or joyfullness or even merry, as in Joyeaux Noel, Merry Christmas.  So when Nicholas was done with this year's work, I decided it was time for him to take a break.  Oh, I know.  There is no taking Santa Claus away from his work, because it is his joy and it is in his heart, and the hearts of children of all ages everywhere and always.  But I could try, couldn't I? I could make that childlike, darling man of mine take a vacation.  I could get him a home away from home, where it only snows a little and where he can fish and swim and play like the big kid he is.  So I contacted a contractor, Joria Player, Inc., Architects & Lanscapers, and had them build him what I called his Toys Tests and Measurement Center in Hidden Springs!  Right on a dead end lot on the riverfront.  In other words, in the guise of testing out things folks would want for the next holidays, he would play, and play and play.  Here's some photos and a description of that house.

Name of House:  Joyeaux  built for Holly Berry and Nicholas Pere-Noel

Lot size:  50x50

Price:  furnished only  $558, 963

Bedrooms:  Well, it depends on if you count just the rooms or the beds!  There are 4 rooms for sleeping with multiple beds.

Bathrooms:  Again, it depends on if you just count the rooms!  I lost count at 8 full baths and a few half baths but with multiple facilities in some of them.

Content:  All Ep/Sp possible, allowed Holiday free items plus Love to the 4th Power, Golden Woman of Prosperity, Happy New Year Champagne, found here:
 http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?scategoryId=12858

We arrive.  He was so surprised and delighted to see the SNOW at the entrance.  Boy, that was some trick we pulled off!

The foyer.  Dining room, rest room and kitchen to the right, family lounge to the left with a small tv room.  Notice the plants under the stairs!  They are helping to hide the self cleaning litter box for the cat we hope to acquire.

(Picture removed to stay within photo limit)

The family lounge.  I know, he's on vacation.  But if you knew Nicky like I do you'd know he would not be happy unless it was Christmas every day.

Nick just had to go around and light all the fires!  I hope he doesn't wind up burning us down.  Oh, well, that's why we have fire alarms and extinguishers.  Notice a small portion of MY domain, the kitchen with breakfast nook.

My kitchen is so well equipped with every, top of the line piece of equipment possible, I just had to immediately whip up a little snack.  He's watching his weight so it was a delicious Autumn Salad.

There is so much to show you there is no way I can possibly do it all in this note.  Here's a few more.  This one is our suite.

Oh dear!  There is just too much to share!  The Naughty or Nice Office,  the Elves dorms and lounge area, the stables,  the gym, the Test and Measurements Center, what do I leave out and what do I show you?  My head is spinning!  (Probably from sliding down Nick's fireman pole!)

Ok, the roof.  You MUST see the landing pad!  At night!  Notice the green for start here and the red for oops keep flying!  lol

The pool!  You gotta see the pool!  I'll be able to whip up some great grilled salmon in the barbecue area and Nick is quite the hand at the beverages!

Man cave.  Nick is really proud of that and he loves that he has his own private sauna and games.  You can't see the huge tv in this photo but it's really hard to pull Nick away from it, even for meals.  (He says he can just nosh from his own fridg.)

This shot shows part of the gym, part of the showers and the Tests and Measurements Center.  Notice I've set up a buffet for the elves so they can all eat at once, that is if they can pull themselves away from "testing". 

Please don't yell at me for this, but I just had to share one last, one over the limit picture.  It's Nick at his best......

Ready or not, here he comes!!!!

Link to the Swap Shop download thread.

Love and Joy,
Holly Berry Pere-Noel

Architect's Information:  There are three bedrooms in house with an additional dormitory over the stables that will sleep nine.  The dormitory has an adjacent shower/rest room with several stalls, showers and sinks.  There is a large lounge area complete with televisions, books shelves, games and quiet areas.  Downstairs is the "Naughty or Nice" office.

The basement features a lap pool and complete gym with adjoining shower/rest room accessible from the gym and the "test" room.  The test room is set up to modify plans, repair broken toys, design new items or build new items as well as try out each item produced by the staff of....errrrr, "elves". 

The cupola on the roof has comforting seating for watching the clouds roll by with easels and telescopes on the deck area.  The home is fully equipped and totally modern with many special features such as hot tubs, sauna, two pools, computers and much much more.  We are JP, Inc. are sure the Pere-Noel family will have years of enjoyment here.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
Hello to all builders! We have decided to extend this contest through the holiday season. Your new deadline is Thursday, Dec 29, 2011 to submit your entries. Have fun!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 05:58:18 AM »
North Pole, South

Lot Size:  50 x 50
Price Furnished:  $349k
Price Unfurnished:  $202k
Bedrooms:  3 (master bedroom for Santa and Mrs. Claus, 2 dormitory style bedrooms for 7 elves)
Bathrooms:  4 full
EP/SP:  WA, Amb, Gen, Pets, HELS, FLS, OLS, TLS
Store:  Free content only: Tis the Season for Giving, Earth Day, Happy New Year '11, More Holiday Presents

What are a right jolly old elf and his lovely bride to do to unwind after a hectic holiday season?  Why they travel south for some rest and relaxation, of course.  This lovely contemporary villa is just the answer to a harried Santa's post-Christmas wishes.

The home features a foyer that opens onto an opulent courtyard with two grand promenades lined with Christmas trees.

The courtyard features an in-ground swimming pool, outdoor kitchen, hot tub, fire pit, and plenty of places to sit and soak in the sunshine.

Across the courtyard from the foyer is the focal point of the house, the great room with it's glass divider that seamlessly splits the room into 4 functional areas:  dining, living, reading, and music rooms.

For Mrs. Claus there is a beautifully appointed gourmet kitchen, complete with top of the line appliances.

While she is whipping up a turkey dinner, Santa and the elves can kick back and relax in a state of the art man cave, complete with big screen TV, video games, foosball, and a fully stocked wet bar.

Of course, Santa is a busy man and can't be too long away from his work, so he has a study adjoining a small workshop, where he and the elves can make plans for next year.

Across the courtyard from the workshop are two dormitory style bedroom suites that can accommodate up to 7 elves.  The master suite is located directly above the great room and boasts a luxury bathroom, walk-in closet, and a private balcony overlooking the courtyard.

You know that this will be the place to be on December 26!

Download here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 05:34:08 AM »
Just a warning that this Contest ends tomorrow at 11:59pm! So if you are still wishing to enter your festive themed escape then do so soon!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 12:08:48 AM »
Name - La Nuit Noël

Cost - 515,959

Contains - Base game, Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, High-End Loft, Holiday Free Items

Main Information -

Hello and welcome to La Nuit Noël (Christmas Night). This creation won’t have a story attached as it is for the contest, and let’s face it, Santa clearly has magical abilities, why would he need Nore Negonc to build his house. I was recoloring the house all day hah, and finished in the nick of time (get it… Nick.. haha). As you can see right from the start, I went with the winter wonderland theme rather than the usual Christmas colors. The effect is… something else. I must say that when I started I did not intend for the house to be usable as a residential house, but it would make a great daycare center I think.

Without snow I had to use flooring to create the snowy effect. You might be wondering how it is sunny and snowy, well, like I mentioned earlier, Santa has tons of magic, and so he can retire to his summer manse and still enjoy the snow :)

I am going to start with the Tour de Force of this creation, the seven story tall Christmas tree. This is the main feature of this house, and is the reason for the name. The house is definitely much more beautiful at night. To the right you can see the candy cane structure that hugs the left wing of the house. In the center behind the tree is the entrance. Under the tree is where Santa and his elves store the gifts until they are ready to be delivered. In the right wing of the house is the glass dome of Mrs. Claus’s kitchen above the lake. You can also sort of see the floating lights on the lake, another one of this Christmas Mansion’s delights.

Here we can see the house during the day. You can better see the floating lights that make the lake glow. Behind them you can see the kitchen through the windows. On the roof of the left wing is Santa’s sleigh. He does not leave it on the ground because.. well it can fly hah.

Here is an overhead look at the entire house. You can see the snowman swimming area in the front. Only the carrot nose and the left arm are flooring, the rest is for swimming :) Surrounding the house is the lovely terrace. In the back corner you can see the reindeer stable. Joined to the stables is a small storage room and restroom. Although you cannot see it here, there might just be a few reindeer in the stables! To the back left you can also see the fountain in the form of a sled. It is difficult to see here but it is lit by colored ground lights so it is very clear at night!

Here is another image of the house at night. You can see some of the reindeer in the stables now. Also on the roof,  Rudolf and his reindeer friends are ready to make the sleigh fly! Rudolf being the selfless reindeer that he is also agreed to make his nose glow blue this year instead of red to match Santa’s new house. In the distance you can now see the outline of some of the sleigh fountain as well. On the terrace you can also see the drawing area, the outdoor cooking area and the lounging area.

Here you can see the main entrance hall. To its left is the main hallway featuring a coat closet. To the left of that is the outdoor elf area where the elves try out some of the larger toys to make certain they are alright hah. To the right of this area is the main guest restroom. To the right of the entrance hall you can see the theatre and to the right of that leads to the dining room and kitchen.

Here is a closer look at the theatre room. This room is home to my favorite window “scene,” The Elven Feast. You can find a few of these window scenes throughout the house! Each one is different and should be a delight for anyone who finds their way north to Santa. I was going to make a few others but there was no room so maybe in the next house!

Here you can see Mrs.  Claus’s one of a kind kitchen. The kitchen is built outdoors with a flowerbed rug. She also has direct access to the lake, the cool refreshing water from which she uses to make delicious eggnog.

Here you can see the elves’ workroom. They are busy busy making tons of toys which they then store along the shelves before sending them off around the world. They sometimes try the toys out for themselves… you know, just to make certain they work well hah.

Here you can see the elves’ quarters along with the masterbedroom for Santa and his wife. Next to the elves’ bedroom is the main hallway for this floor. From this room you can also get to the elves’ recreational room as well as their think tank room. Although you cannot see it here, the think tank room is filled with books of the elves’ research into new and exciting toys! The main hallway also features another one of the window scenes, The Lonely Snowman. In the front of the image you can see the restroom for the elves. And in the back of the image is the masterbedroom and master bath for Santa and his wife and the walk-in closet where Mrs. Claus houses all her latest winter fashions!

Now we come to Santa’s Cave, featuring everything Santa needs for his me time. In the corner you can see his library and game area. Beyond that is the full bar featuring a fridge and microwave. From here you can get to the middle living room area, featuring a flat screen for Santa to watch the game. Next to this is Santa’s restroom. Beyond the bar is also Santa’s study where he writes and saves… the List. Next to this is the small terrace where Santa can relax a bit.

Well that’s all for now. Those of you who find yourselves stumbling onto Santa’s house will find many little delights that I could not show in these ten images. Enjoy!

Download here - http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8368.0;attach=3999

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
This Contest is now Closed, thank you to everyone who took part in the 2011 Contests! We can't wait to see all the fantastic entries again in 2012! Happy New Year! Voting for this Contest will begin soon.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest 8 - Santa's Sunshine Escape, Voting
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 12:23:45 PM »
Building Contest 8 –  Santa's Sunshine Escape

Your Task:
    Santa works hard over the holiday season and just needs to get away after the New Year. Your task is to build Santa a sunshine escape home that maintains the feel of the holidays (he is still Santa after all) and provides a place for Santa, Mrs. Santa, the elves, and perhaps even the reindeer to unwind and relax. (Due to the continued lack of a Seasons EP in TS3 our holiday themed build cannot have snow, so we’re going with this idea instead.)

Specifications:
  • Minimum Number of Beds: for 5 Sims - Santa, Mrs. Santa, 3 elves of any age. (Do not add any Sims)
  • Budget: Unlimited!
  • Lot Size: 50x50
  • Other: Gourmet Kitchen for Mrs. Santa, Workshop for the elves, Ultimate Man Cave for Santa, Luxury Outdoor Space(s) to enjoy the sun.
  • Holiday Themed Free Store Content: For use to create the feel of the holidays
       Happy Holiday Presents
       More Holiday Presents
       Tis the Season for Gift Giving
Optional Specifications:
  • Stables for reindeer.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this building contest, and all of the Contests in 2011, we look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2012! Here is the list of qualifying entries with a link to their respective pages in the contest thread to refresh your memory before you vote.

Current Entries: - Listed by Date of Entry and Approval
SassySimmer - Nicholas' Getaway -comments
Ratchie - Get your Claus out -comments
Joria - Joyeaux -comments
Katluvr - North Pole, South -comments

Please remember to vote according to the specifications of this contest.  To keep things fair, please don't reveal who you voted for anywhere on the forum.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »
Congratulations to Joria on edging out the competition for Santa's Sunshine Escape with her Joyeaux build!

This thread is now open for anyone (participants or not) to comment on those builds where the builder has requested feedback - remember, do not comment if the builder has not requested comments on his/her entry.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

VampirePlasma

Re: Building Contest 8 - Santa's Sunshine Escape - Open for Comments
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »
Ha! I soon as I saw Joria's a little lighshow in my mind went off! It went like this "Ding Ding Ding Ding! WE HAVE A WINNER!"
Very lovely Joria!  ;D It is beautiful! Truly and absolutely amazing!

Congrats to all the others who participated, these were amazing, really.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »
Yay! Congrats Joria! I still have yet to win a contest ::)

I liked all of them. You're all winners in my book! :D
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 09:30:43 PM »
Congratulations Joria! I was quite amazed at the spirit in that build.

I was rather surprised at the amount of builders who entered. I thought more would enter.

I personally can't wait until this year's contests start.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 01:41:57 AM »
Thank you all so much.  I hope you'll download and really take a look.  Pictures just don't do it justice.  I don't know yet if it's ok to comment on others builds but is it ok to say they were all winners?  I would like to hear about areas I could have improved.  It really does help us to see things from others' eyes.  Things we might have missed.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything