Author Topic: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06  (Read 118915 times)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Re: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2012, 09:02:20 AM »
I wonder though do you have to complete them for every game, or once you're done you get the stuff for every future game? I didn't share any memories so maybe someone that did can answer?

I was wondering about the same thing... I hope I will only need to unlock once, but I think that in the interview I heard her say she used cheatcodes, so maybe that's how you can get the simsport stuff too?

I just pre-ordered the katy perry version :P Can't wait to get it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2012, 05:23:49 PM »
You can pre-order from Game Stop as well, at least in the store.  Since I was blessed with a Game Stop gift card plus cash for the next EP I'm getting both pre-ordered today.  Whooooo hoooo!  My family just knows what I want for the holidays!  Was the only two gifts I got but oh boy, certainly was what I wanted!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sosobaggins

• Townie
« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »
So, what do y’all think the 2 new ingredients, new recipes, fish and insect are? Personally I hope one of the ingredients is an Orange tree. With SS based on Southern Cali, it would make sense.

This what I read off twitter, from an interview from a simguru.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »
I just have one question, I would really like to use simport but I don't want anybody coming into my game with a mod or CC. And if they did have one, would it come onto my PC?  :-\

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2012, 03:06:42 PM »
I just have one question, I would really like to use simport but I don't want anybody coming into my game with a mod or CC. And if they did have one, would it come onto my PC?  :-\
When there is simport you will definately have a choice on who you allow into your town. If you know the persone uses mods/CC you should be able to block them from your town.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2012, 04:06:14 PM »

That's a good question, but like alex said, you definitely get the final say on who comes into your game. I don't know if EA would necessarily want to discourage mods by banning people with them from SimPort, but I wonder if people will be notified if they get a SimPort request from someone with a mod. That's something I would definitely like to see included with SimPort.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
If I do get Showtime I think I'm just going to block everyone apart from a few people and then if others from the forum want to do the portal thingy I'll just make sure they don't use Mods etc.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
Wasn't it said that if someone has EPs/SPs/Store-Content or even Third-Party Custom Content then it would just be replaced with something in the game that you do own? (Or something along those lines..?) Surely mods would be the same? As EA highly discourage and do not endorse in mods I truly doubt they'd allow the mod to be transferred or have any impact on the other players' game. However, they will also not ban mod-users because they take up such a large portion of players. I highly doubt they will have any effect, though. However, for people who have the game illegally, I doubt (or at least hope) that SimPort will work at all, which would really serve them right. :P I hope EA come up with new ways in future EPs to limit these peoples' fun with TS3.

When I get my new awesome computer (Yes, I am soo excited - I get to play Pets, I get to play Pets!! Best bit? Cats look like cats and not lizards.) in May I will be able to get Showtime and I will be very much up for SimPorting with anyone here.  Every time I hear about SimPort I just love it more.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2012, 05:07:10 PM »
When I get my new awesome computer (Yes, I am soo excited - I get to play Pets, I get to play Pets!! Best bit? Cats look like cats and not lizards. :P ) in May I will be able to get Showtime and I will be very much up for SimPorting with anyone here. :) Every time I hear about SimPort I just love it more. :P

You can simport with me too!!! :D

I just hope simport won't lag my laptop.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2012, 05:22:58 PM »
I wouldn't mind using simsport with the people here ^^ Not many of my friends play the sims, so I'm worried if I can unlock stuff. Even though I said I wouldn't use it I am getting curious about it and I want to give it a go. I guess I fell for the game :P

Hopefully I will have a new computer at the end of the week, the sims in full graphs! No more lagging! I can't wait untill showtime is in stores :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »
When I get my new awesome computer (Yes, I am soo excited - I get to play Pets, I get to play Pets!! Best bit? Cats look like cats and not lizards. :P ) in May I will be able to get Showtime and I will be very much up for SimPorting with anyone here. :) Every time I hear about SimPort I just love it more. :P
I can't wait for you to get the new computer.

I think my favourite part about Simport might be as the sim goes somewhere for 12 hours and gets an increase in the skill. My new DecaDynasty is going to be in Starlight Shores and I'm sure it'll be a blast!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2012, 01:47:56 AM »
I am about three-quarters through the Live Chat (replay, here is the link if it hasn't already been posted), and my favorite thing so far is the ability to set a specific outfit for your career.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2012, 01:48:59 AM »
That's my issue with the Simport thing. I do not ever use mods or custom content other than things I buy from the store with simpoints or what comes in a EP/SP and I do not want to have to deal with it in my game just to unlock things. People from here are safe because of the no mod/no CC rule but I definitely wouldn't be comfortable allowing people I didn't know into my game. I'm still having issues with my graphic card and really hope it doesn't get worse with Showtime. Although I asked my friend when I realized it was my GC to get me one, and he said he did, I haven't seen proof of it, so I told him forget it, give me my money back and I'll get it myself.  ::)

After watching the live chat though, I know I'm going to love the new town, and the bull is hilarious! I can't wait to create Nick Carter and have him be a superstar singer in my game.  ;D I don't know why, but my favorite town is still SV, probably because I know everyone and it feels more like home to me lol.

I agree Seabody! Now we can choose what they wear and I think they even said it would carry over to every career which is awesome! Finally they can go to work with matching outfits haha.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2012, 03:22:39 AM »
I haven't read the chat yet, but I looked at the pictures of the new town.  I'm a little surprised that it's a town like Sunset Valley and Appaloosa Plains.  I half expected it to be an urban setting similar to Bridgeport.  The towns now have little icons in the lower right corner when you're starting a new game and I figured there will be more of the big city places.  But this town is designed to look like Hollywood.  It even has the name on a hill!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2012, 05:37:48 AM »
That's my issue with the Simport thing. I do not ever use mods or custom content other than things I buy from the store with simpoints or what comes in a EP/SP and I do not want to have to deal with it in my game just to unlock things. People from here are safe because of the no mod/no CC rule but I definitely wouldn't be comfortable allowing people I didn't know into my game.

From what I know other people never bring mods or CC into your game. CC will replaced by stuff you have in your game and I supposed mods won't work while someone else his or her sim is visiting. Even so I also feel that I don't just want anyone in my game. But I don't think you have to worry about mods and CC. If you're okay with the person behindhind the sim it should be okay ^^