Author Topic: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06  (Read 117506 times)

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
Re: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06
« Reply #450 on: February 24, 2012, 01:17:45 PM »
I think I'll stick to my life motto "Try first, hate/love later."  :D

While I am a little iffy about all the new features, I think the potential here is far too great to not even give a chance. I think EA has brought something new and interesting to the table. While I only have two friends in real-life who play the Sims half as much as I do, I'm very excited to share my Sims with people on this site as everyone here is pretty much awesome.  :)
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #451 on: February 24, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »
Suddenly adding multiplayer functionality to a traditionally single-player game is a disaster waiting to happen IMHO.

No multi-player functionality is being added.  The Sims disappear from your game for a short time and appear as NPC's in someone else's game.  The only interaction that is happening is that one person's game is getting information from another person's game (you're essentially doing exactly that on this forum, by the way).  It doesn't really sound all that different from standard, story progression immigration...except that it's temporary and that your game isn't going through the process of creating the Sims.  You've all read the same things I have, so I can't at all understand why everyone is so frightened of this.

Also, Carl's Guide is in the business of "information," not "speculation."  The game has not been released yet, and hence no bugs have occurred.  Yes, there will undoubtedly be bugs, there always are.  But undue speculation on bugs that may or may not occur is unnecessary, not exceptionally useful, and only serves to color public opinion against something nobody has even tried yet.  So let's do our best to keep this at a minimum.

Finally, we have many international users who use page translators to convert English into a language that they understand.  Text-speak and chat abbreviations do not translate well for them, so please refrain from using them.  Being relatively new here, you might not realize that.  I have edited your post to reflect how it should read.  ;)

Thanks,
Hosfac
Global Moderator
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #452 on: February 24, 2012, 09:46:10 PM »
I have more messengers than I really know what to do with.  I have Facebook, I have YIM, plus I use the half a dozen in-game chat channels in Rift...all on a daily basis.  Between working on the projects for the Sims 3 guide and my collaboration with Carl on the Rift website, I'm not exaggerating when I say that I spend at least 75% of my waking hours in some form of chat or another.  That's not anything close to a complaint:  I'm having the time of my life, and I am truly in some of the best company.  I just found myself asking:  "Do I really need another messenger?"

Need?  No.  But I think it's very existence might very well open up some interesting avenues that we haven't even considered yet.  Time will reveal all mysteries if they do, in fact, exist.  Until then, I'll probably just leave mine off.  ;)
When do you find the time to play the game? ??? Very true, it might turn out to be the best feature of the game, we just don't know yet!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »
When do you find the time to play the game? ???

I get a few hours here and there.  ;)

You heard the phrase "all work and no play?"  Well this is "all work is play" lol.  :P

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #454 on: February 24, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »
I get a few hours here and there.  ;)

You heard the phrase "all work and no play?"  Well this is "all work is play" lol.  :P
You have to have the best job in the world lol.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #455 on: February 25, 2012, 12:06:04 PM »
There's a list of achievements on simsvip.com. However, they do say that these might change by the time the game comes out. My favorite:  a platinum badge for playing 3 chess games, lol. But that might be a typo because you also get a platinum badge for winning 70 ranked matches.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: February 25, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »
There's a list of achievements on simsvip.com. However, they do say that these might change by the time the game comes out. My favorite:  a platinum badge for playing 3 chess games, lol. But that might be a typo because you also get a platinum badge for winning 70 ranked matches.

I can't wait until I finish my stories so that I have free time to get all the achievements!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #457 on: February 25, 2012, 01:35:08 PM »
Not sure if this video has been posted yet, but it's a Showtime SimPort Walkthrough. It looks great! Here is the link. :)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #458 on: February 25, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »
Not sure if this video has been posted yet, but it's a Showtime SimPort Walkthrough. It looks great! Here is the link. :)

I hadn't seen the video yet, but everything I've read about it described exactly what it showed.  And like I said, there's no real interaction with people going on. 

So as your nearest Union Steward, I can tell you that the Gamers Union, Local 314, has officially vowed to fight to protect every last member's "lonely basement dweller" status if they do choose to use this feature.  Any attempt by management to demote a member in good standing to "casual gamer" over this will be furiously met with doorless rooms, walled pools and every other means of work stoppage that is at our disposal.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #459 on: February 25, 2012, 04:47:20 PM »
So as your nearest Union Steward, I can tell you that the Gamers Union, Local 314, has officially vowed to fight to protect every last member's "lonely basement dweller" status if they do choose to use this feature.  Any attempt by management to demote a member in good standing to "casual gamer" over this will be furiously met with doorless rooms, walled pools and every other means of work stoppage that is at our disposal.

Ha! :D Hosfac, you're hilarious.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #460 on: February 25, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »

It says I need to be logged in to my Origin Account. That makes me happy!
I don't think I have an Origin Account!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #461 on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »
I think you have an origin account just by having a Sims 3 account. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #462 on: February 25, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »
Then I'll try to login to Origin.com (or whatever the URL is).

Edit: Oh, it's the website I registered at back in the days of TS2, back when it was EA.com or something. My Bad!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #463 on: February 25, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »

Thanks Fez.  :)

My only issue with the feature so far is that I need two Sims in the household to use it. I typically only play one at a time.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
Does anyone know of any preorder deals going on like the one origin currently has? I am wanting to pre-order but looking for a deal that will work for me!