Author Topic: Annoying traveling glitch?  (Read 8908 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Annoying traveling glitch?
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:10:59 PM »
Just started playing WA for the very first time. I sent the Caliente Sisters in BB along with their roommate Luisa Libros to France. They got to France and there were no Sims to control. Did I do anything wrong or is this just an annoying traveling glitch? How do I revive the household that was suppose to be traveling? When I went back home, their house was totally un-selectable in EDIT TOWN mode. Like, there house was still there, but no household.

By the way, this is my first time playing World Adventures, so I'm very new to this EP, even though I've been playing the rest of the titles. (Late Night, Ambitions, Generations and Pets).

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Annoying traveling glitch?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:46:37 PM »
I don't know if you know this (you probably do), but Travelling is VERY buggy.
The Forum recommends that you save right before travelling, so if push comes to shove and you need to roll back to a previous save (which, by the way, I think you need to do), you don't lose much progress.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:49:11 PM »
Yeah this isn't exactly new. I think there is a topic elsewhere about it.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:57:07 PM »
Thank you guys. Now that I do look back, I do remember traveling being very buggy, and looking at earlier threads. I know it's not exactly new for you guys, but it's new for me. I just got World Adventures yesterday. That's why the question came about.  8)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »
I had it happen in my dynasty file.  The only way I was able to fix it was to change households before I tried to travel.  I would also suggest since you just got WA, did you remember to uninstall everything and reinstall in order of release with WA?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
Yes I did an uninstall-reinstall before installing WA. Well, I was dumb enough to ask customer service for help on graphics card recommendations to fix my pet issue, and she said an uninstall-reinstall would do the trick, I knew better than to listen to the rep. Anyways, I did reinstall every EP in order of release, after the reinstalling the Base-Game and installing WA. (Ambitions, LN, Generations, Pets).

So I switch households, then Switch back before traveling? Or do I switch the household, have that household travel, then Switch back to the family I want to travel?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
My travelling has not been overly buggy. I use Windows 7, have a great graphic card and keep other computer tasks on off. No missing sims, no disappearing families. Before the last aptch, ther were a few issues. But, since, no problems.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 02:01:53 PM »
I'm hoping all those issues will disappear along with the lag, once I get a new Graphics card installed. The Chipset is defiantly a problem.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
Just switches households and then switch back to the active household.  Or you can evict the household and then place it back into it's house then travel.  I read about how to do it from crincrit's blog on the official forums. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Mark

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 05:01:02 AM »
I've also had this problem, I updated my game. Still didn't work then I chose another family and everything worked perfectly.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 01:27:34 AM »
This happened to my Sim today, the problem was that he traveled while away from home at a party.
Cynthia

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 05:19:33 AM »
The travel bugs were supposed to be fixed in the most recent patch.  Is everyone fully updated?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 02:22:36 PM »
The travel bugs were supposed to be fixed in the most recent patch.  Is everyone fully updated?

I got the latest patch yesterday and am now experiencing the travel bug for the first time! So apparently it hasn't been fixed.. in my case the patch may have even caused it.  :-\

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 04:51:17 PM »
I think (hope?) that the fixed travel bug was the Green Box one, not the No Sims one. (The reason I hope that one was fixed is that there's a relatively painless workaround for the No Sims bug, but no fix at all for the Green Box bug...)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »
I think (hope?) that the fixed travel bug was the Green Box one, not the No Sims one. (The reason I hope that one was fixed is that there's a relatively painless workaround for the No Sims bug, but no fix at all for the Green Box bug...)

To clearify what I mean with travel bug, is that my sims (not the green box, the actual sims) become invisible. I can hear them talking, but just can't see them anymore.