Author Topic: Completed the task but wasn't given the key of pangu! help!  (Read 5406 times)

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
Completed the task but wasn't given the key of pangu! help!
« on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »
So I am currently working on "The Axe" adventure in China.  I'm up to the point where I did the task called "Village Valuables" and gave the required lapis lazuli to the local. The local was then supposed to give me the Key of Pangu (according to the Prima guide) so I could go explore the Temple of Heaven and find the axe - but he never gave me the key! What am I to do now?
Has anyone else had this problem? I've googled around and can't seem to find out about this issue..

I would be greatful for any advice!

loveSims

Re: Completed the task but wasn't given the key of pangu! help!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
I haven't played that adventure in a long time, but you can try and cancel the oppertunity. You will get it again. You didn't have to start it over, but will go on where last stopped.( Sorry for the bad English!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

samdiatmh

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 08:38:14 PM »
Don't you need to convince the locals to allow you to enter
Or is that before the LapisLazui mission?

edit: There's two routes through that temple, are you taking the right one?

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 12:09:02 AM »
Have you checked the sim's inventory? The local does not have to physically give you the key, it ends up in the inventory after you have given him the 3 lapis lazuli.  When that challenge is done, the Pangus Axe adventure challenge shows up in the adventure notice, then go straight to Temple of Heaven and go to the basement of one of the gatehouses there, inside the maze in the basement you will find the Pangus Axe. You will need to have the key to enter one of the closed rooms there. Bring escape dust and sands of understanding because it can be quite confusing down there, easy to get lost and die of exhaustion. Good luck!  :)

samdiatmh

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 02:59:31 AM »
Bring escape dust and sands of understanding because it can be quite confusing down there, easy to get lost and die of exhaustion. Good luck!  :)

+1 on the escape dust
Or you can bring a tent along and place it near the start

I highly recommend playing with walls down for tombs, it helps to discover those hidden treasure chests (even though finding secret doors and walltraps can be a pain)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 04:59:16 AM »
The keystones being automatically transfered to the personal inventory stumped me on my first tomb at Shang Simla.  Good luck!  When you enter the Temple of Heaven, there are two keystone panels.  The other one belongs to another adventure with the notice "In Aid of Monks".

And, I agree with Samdiatmh, that tomb is tough.  It took my Sim nearly 2 days to find the axe and the tomb symbol and get out again using another route.  I used escape dust twice because my Sim got too tires and potion of courage three times because my Sim was too frightened by bugs and steam traps to explore further and then I used escape dust again because I just couldn't figure out how to get out of the chamber with the tomb symbol and my Sim was too tired to Zeneport. 

I realise that I'm probably off topic, but Forum, if there is another way out, please feel free to enlighten this newbie.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
When you go to the temple, you have to clear a doorway from rubble. If you btruly have the key, you go down a flight of stairs (after clearing the doorway) and there should be a keystone that shines. IF, you truly don't have the key; then your our of luck.
I found this adventure to be a piece of cake. Even more so after they gave us sleeping bags! Who needs tents that take a lot of space (and cost a lot), when you can just pull out your sleeping bag?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:51 AM »
I haven't played that adventure in a long time, but you can try and cancel the oppertunity. You will get it again. You didn't have to start it over, but will go on where last stopped.( Sorry for the bad English!)

Thank you so much, I took your advice and it worked. The next time I got the key and it ended up in the inventory, just like it should!

Also, thanks to everyone else for your suggestions, I probably should have been more clear about what I meant with receiving the key, I do know things given to sims always end up in the inventory or the family box if they are larger items :)

loveSims

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 07:35:12 AM »
I'm glad it worked for you ;D