Author Topic: Moonlight Bay Fishing Spots  (Read 42461 times)

Offline rohebat

• Game Addict
  • Nooboo
  • Currently playing The Sims 3 PS3
Moonlight Bay Fishing Spots
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
I've checked Carl's guide but it only says about Sunset Valley and the other place (can't remember it's name), but I have the PS3 version so my place is called Moonlight Bay. Can anyone help? Should I send a private message to Carl or Pam about it? I've checked other topics in the general discussion page but none of them seem to mention this. Can someone help please?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Moonlight Bay Fishing Spots
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:30:24 PM »
Rohebat, since your question relates to the PS3 version of the Sims 3, I'm moving the thread to the board that deals with the console version of the game, where it is more likely to be seen by someone who can answer the question.  Most of the players here use the PC version of the game, so you may have to wait a bit for an answer.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
Hi Rohebat and welcome to our Forum.

I have the Prima Guide for The Sims 3 on console, which includes a map of fishing locations.  What exactly are you looking for?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline rohebat

• Game Addict
  • Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »
I'm looking for locations that will help level up and good places for Vampire Fish for gardening.

P.S Thanks for being such a help Pam and Schipperke for moving my post. Note to self: check boards before choosing one to post in and check date before posting on a thread. :). Also, was the Prima Guide in the Sims 3 game pack (or whatever it's called) or did you get it elsewhere? Also, am i breaking the abbreviation rule by putting P.S? I don't know what it really means either but from what I've gathered it means that the writing after it doesn't have anything to do with the writing above but you should read it anyway.

I feel like I've broken quite a few rules now but I don't know what they are  :-

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »
Rohebat, there is a link to the rules in my signature and I would suggest you take a look at them so you don't need to worry and wonder about whether or not you might be breaking one.  If you're not sure about something, you can always ask me or one of the other moderators.

P.S. is a standard abbreviation for a postscript added to a message, and doesn't break any rules.  The concern about abbreviations has more to do with people using texting-type abbreviations that aren't familiar to a lot of people. 

By the way, I changed the font of your message to the standard forum font.  There's really no need to use a particular font for a message, and using the standard font makes the forum look neater.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »
The Prima Guide is one that I purchased separately from the game.  They are always available for purchase with each release of an expansion.  The funny story with my Console Prima Guide is that I grabbed the last one at Best Buy about a month ago and when I went to the register to pay for it, they charged me only 10 cents.  They checked it three times and called a manager, but that was the correct price in the computer.  It was marked $19.99 but the computer said different.  I have them exactly a dime coin and walked out of the store with it!

Now, for the fishing locations.  The map of Moonlight Bay that I'm looking at has the lighthouse at the bottom, the water tower in the upper right, and the road out of town in the upper left.  With this orientation in mind, I'll try to describe some of the fishing spots.

1.  Two fishing spots at Central Park.  The one closest to City Hall has Minnow, Goldfish, Red Herring, Salmon, Angelfish, Lobster.  The one below that had Minnow, Goldfish, Rainbow Trout, Red Herring, Siamese Catfish, Black Goldfish.

2.  A couple of block to the left of Central Park are two fishing locations that both have Minnow, Goldfish, Rainbow Trout, Red Herring, Siamese Catfish, Black Goldfish.

3.  Up from that location and across the street from the stadium are another two fishing spots.  One of the buildings may be the Science Center (Industrious Industries Research Pond).  That location has Red Herring, Piranha, Black Goldfish, Shark, Angelfish, Vampirefish, Lobster.  The Science Center is also where you'll find Robot Fish.  The location below this building (still across from the stadium) has Minnow, Goldfish, Rainbow Trout, Red Herring, Siamese Catfish, Black Goldfish.

4.  Up in the far right upper corner, there looks like there is a mine or a park. It's to the right of the water tower.  That location has Red Herring, Piranha, Black Goldfish, Shark, Angelfish, Vampirefish, Lobster in one spot and Red Herring, Tragic Clownfish, Blowfish, Shark, and Angelfish.

5.  To the left of that location is a large residential house.  It has Alley Catfish, Rainbow Trout, Red Herring, Salmon, and Angelfish.  Across the street is another fishing location with Minnow, Goldfish, Red Herring, Salmon, Angelfish, and Lobster.

6.  Straight down from that residential house are two commercial buildings and the Military Complex.  I can't tell what the buildings are.  Across the street from them are two fishing locations.  The first one has Red Herring, Piranha, Black Goldfish, Shark, Angelfish, Vampirefish, and Lobster.  The second location has Goldfish, Rainbow Trout, Red Herring, Piranha, Shark, and Lobster.

7.  Straight down a block, just above one of two small residential houses is a spot that has Alley Catfish, Rainbow Trout, Red Herring, Salmon, and Angelfish.

This takes care of the town locations.  Now for the beach locations.

8.  In the large bay/cove, there are four fishing spots.  Two of them have Anchovy, Jellyfish, Red Herring, Blowfish, Salmon, Swordfish.  The other two spots have Anchovy, Jellyfish, Red Herring, Tuna, Tragic Clownfish, Shark, Lobster.

9.  In the small bay/cove, there are three fishing spots.  One has Jellyfish, Red Herring, Blowfish, Angelfish, Swordfish.  The second has Alley Catfish, Red Herring, Tragic Clownfish, Shark, and Lobster.  The third has Red Herring, Tragic Clownfish, Blowfish, Shark, Angelfish.

10.  Deathfish is found in the cemetery between the hours of Midnight and 4:00 a.m.

I hope this is helpful to you.  I'm going to make this a sticky topic so it can maybe help others, as well.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline rohebat

• Game Addict
  • Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 07:52:22 AM »
Thanks a ton Pam! With this and Carl's guide it should be easy to catch the fish I want. Also, thanks for making the Vampire Fish Bold. Maybe I can update to see if I can name the spots where the fish are?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »
You're welcome!

Yes, absolutely, if you get the names of the locations, we'll add it to the list.  Thanks for the offer.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline rohebat

• Game Addict
  • Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »
Just like I said, i'll name the places Pam was talking about

1: 2 fishing Spots within central park. When facing the town hall, the one on the right is the one Pam says is closer to the town hall than the other.

2:Pity Committee Community Playground. (The 2nd one is behind a house)

3:Studious Sculpture Garden. Unfortunately I can only find 1 fishing spot Pam was talking about, which is the 2nd one.

4:Moonlight Falls Fishing Hall

5: Fairy Tale Park and the Vasquez household. Might be worth noting that alley catfish and angelfish are in the pond by the Vasquez household so it's a good place to stock up to go fishing for deathfish later.

6:Industrious Industries Research Pond. (Robot Fish are here.) Might be worth noting that Piranhas are in the pond opposite the one with Robot fish so it's a good idea to bring Minnow there.

7:Art's Feng Shui Garden. Like the Vasquez household, Alley catfish and Angelfish are both here as well.

8:Moonlight Bay Public Beach.

9:Rendezvous Cove

10:The Mausoleum. Red herring and Vampire fish can also be caught here but Deathfish replace red herring from midnight to 4:00 am.

Hope this helps!

ivismm17

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum!  I was reading your list to find fish, I have all the perfect fish for the challenge except the deathfish and vampire fish.  Did anyone get these and how did you do it?  I tried going to the mausoleum for the deathfish between 12am and 4am but all I caught was red herring.  >:(  Then I just keep getting outstanding vampire fish!  I'm getting a bit frustrated so help please!  I also noticed there is a "stock pond" option when you have fish in your inventory and was wondering if that is helpful at all, does that make the one fish you put in there pro create and make more?  Out of randomness, where is the spell check on this thing?  :P

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, ivismm17!

When you were fishing for Deathfish, did you use Angelfish as bait?  That would make a big difference.  For the Vampire Fish, use garlic of the highest quality you can get and just keep trying.  You'll get a perfect one eventually.  The "stock pond" option appears when you have at least 10 fish of the same breed.  If you have a pond on your lot, you can stock it with whatever you have in your inventory.  It does procreate in a sense because you'll be able to fish from that pond and catch the kind of fish you added to it.

Unfortunately, we don't have a spell checker on the Forum.  Most browsers have a build in spell checker, so perhaps that would work for you.

Also, did you mean to post this on the Console board?  I couldn't tell for sure from your post if you're playing the Console version or the PC version.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

ivismm17

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33:58 AM »
Thanks for answering so quickly Pam!  Actually shortly after I wrote the post I got the deathfish!  ;D I'm working on the vampire fish still, I'm trying to get a perfect garlic plant (since I need it for cornacopia anyway).  Thanks for the help!

By the way, yea I have the ps3 version of the sims3.  Thanks

Offline Kronos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »
In my own experience I've found that having a garden can help tremendously. You can better control the crops and it doesn't take long to get a perfect plant. Try that with garlic. Get perfect garlic as bait and see how much that helps.
What experience and history teach is this-that people and governments never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it. -Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel