Author Topic: Summerset Isle  (Read 34254 times)

Chuckles_82

Summerset Isle
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:38:52 AM »
** Thread is locked due to creator no longer supporting their save files. **

Summerset Isle

Download here at the exchange

World Size: 512x512
Number of Lots: 66
Commercial Lots: 41
Residential Lots: 25
Occupied Lots: 0
Number of Residents: 0

Description

Summerset Isle was discovered when a cruise ship of wealthy simizens ship-wrecked off the rocky coast. It was a wonder in today's day and age that this little piece of paradise had remained undiscovered until now. The island was quickly settled, and small modern structures sprung up everywhere. This world contains all spawners up to pets, in numbers comparable to all EA worlds except for holiday destination spawners. My many thanks go to the talented builders at Carl and Pam's Sims 3 Forum for the inspiration for some of the buildings, and to ung999 whose patterns I have used extensively.

A note from the creator

Hi everyone, sorry it has taken me a couple of days to get this thread started. The Christmas period is rather busy for me, but I really wanted to get my world out there for all of you for Christmas time. If you have any questions, requests or need any help, feel free to ask me here.

First things first: many of the lots were made pre-pets - and were play-tested and working at that point. I have since had a few problems with spiral stairs. I have found a few things that may work: removing windows from right next to stairs; deleting and undoing in build mode; rotating plants to be square with the grid so that the corners aren't overlapping with the stairs.

The other thing you may have noticed is that paintings and photos didn't export from CAW. Have no fear! All of the lots will be uploaded to this thread soon so that you can replace them with copies exported from in game. As there are roughly 60 lots to upload, however, it will take me some time to type up the table (for easy reference) and add them all. Also I am moving house in a couple of weeks, so please bear with me if it takes a little while.

Regrettfully I know it would never qualify for a challenge world, but should you wish to use it for your own unofficial challenge, there is a 'legacy lot' up by the lighthouse - it is still 15x15 but with a legacy/dynasty price tag.

During my research for this world I counted all the spawners in all the EA worlds, so that I could place a comparable amount in my world. Ultimately the idea was to combine the benefits of all the worlds into one small modern world. I also counted the number of beautiful vista bonuses and their value, and added a respective amount of each of those aswell.

Once all the original lots have been uploaded, I intend to continue to create a few more lots for you to download and add if you wish. If anyone has any requests at this point I will be happy to take them :)

I have had a lot of fun creating this world. It was actually the first world I created, and I'd have to say the longest part would have been creating the lots to go with it. Many of you here have inspired me, and in some ways it is as much your world as mine. My wish is that you all have as much fun playing it as I have had building it.

In the future I may release different versions of my island: a blank one (if people are interested) and one that includes all WA spawners. I've never tried my hand at tomb building, but it's not out of the question...

Credits

Below will appear a list of credits - people who have inspired a few of the builds in my world. It was recently brought to my attention that not all of the descriptions for lots in the world exported, and so some important credits were missed. My deepest apologies to the original creators of those builds.

Agneza - Her modern house was the original inspiration for The Grand View
Samoht -

Chuckles_82

Re: Summerset Isle
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 08:08:09 PM »
Lots

Today I will begin uploading individual lots available in this world - first and foremost those that suffered export problems (paintings, photos, names and descriptions). It will be a slow process, but they'll all be here soon.

The Turquoise Gem

Price Furnished: $41, 797
Price Unfurnished: $31, 453
Lot Size: 15x15
Description: A stylish 1 bedroom open-plan home featuring a turquoise and purple colour scheme, and stylish decor throughout. Perfect for a couple of single. Inspired by The Hilltop Retreat by Simtastic Builder
Content: All stuff packs and expansions up to Pets; Store items: Tropical Leaves of Repose; II Stand Bookshelf; Leaftastic; BahHaus Garage Door v.1; Look to the West; High Reaching Window by BahHaus; Transcendental Window by BahHaus; BahHaus Corner Window.

The Grand View

Price Furnished: $75,572
Price Unfurnished: $50,158
Lot Size: 15x15
Description: Overlooking the ocean, this family home features clean decor, spacious rooms, a pool, home gym, and garage complete with workshop.  Inspired by Agneza's modern house (unnamed).
Content: All stuff packs and expansions up to Pets; Store items: Tropical Leaves of Repose; I love me mirror; A-Simetry Portal; Toybox of dreams; BahHaus Fence; The Big Cheese Coatrack; Greek Window; BahHaus Window; Staqe Bright; Empire Line Dishwasher; Excessinator Stove; BahHaus Garage Door v.1; L4 Bookshelf; Tabular TV; Leaves of Tears; Elegant Swirls Wide.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »
Is it populated

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 02:52:48 AM »
No, this world is not populated. I made it before I was ready to start messing with mods again. My next world will be populated, and will have many of the buildings I have here, but there will be no store content.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »
This is a gorgeous-looking world - very sunny and bright. I love the bright blue in the sea - is that an imported texture? Beautifully put together, very coherent, it looks like it would be lovely to play - no time wasted running all over the place to get to places. I'm definitely downloading this to try when I finish/get bored of my world-in-progress  :D

Your buildings are absolutely beautiful as well - the turquoise gem in particular is stunning. Clever use of black accents on the house as well. Can't believe I overlooked this thread! How big is the island? It looks pretty small.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »
Thankyou DeLouche :) Yes, I downloaded the extra textures, though I can't find where from now. There are plenty of places to get textures from though. You can also import them from EA maps if you remove the store component and open them in s3pe. My current world (Cypress Lakes) has textures from HS.

The map size is 'small'. I like the idea of not wasting time running around too much. That was probably one of the key design criteria, even though for this world I didn't write anything like that down.

I haven't got around to uploading all the rest of the lots - it's a low priority at the moment. Though that does remind me of another thing: Paintings and Photos don't export from CAW, but do export from in-game. So if you want to include lots that have custom photos or paintings done by your sims, then you need to export the lots separately. It's a good way to spruce up a home. The Turqoise Gem actually has a photo of the purple/blue/green small masterpiece painting. I've also done stilllife paintings and photos of custom patterns. They make good modern hangings too.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 04:38:04 AM »
I have to ask -- is the name somehow Elder Scrolls related? The Summerset Isles are a province in the Elder Scrolls so it almost seems like you're recreating it/them.

I haven't downloaded your island yet but it looks beautiful from the screenies; I'll make sure to grab it once I have time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 06:09:46 AM »
Funnily enough, no - even though I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan. It was more of a manipulation of Sunset Valley. If you have a look through the showboat thread, there are a lot more screenies in there from while I was working on it.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
I guess I'm so addicted to TES that I see it everywhere I go.  ;)

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 12:51:17 AM »
I have to ask -- is the name somehow Elder Scrolls related? The Summerset Isles are a province in the Elder Scrolls so it almost seems like you're recreating it/them.

I haven't downloaded your island yet but it looks beautiful from the screenies; I'll make sure to grab it once I have time.

So that's why the game sound so familiar to me! I thought to recognise it from something.
You've build a nice world Chuckles. And you are a great builder indeed. The architecture in your houses is very interesting. Interesting in a good way. :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 02:08:43 AM »
Thank you Leto :) I've pretty much left this project 'as is'. I had all intentions of uploading all the lots separately that didn't export correctly (but only got as far as these two). But now I'm putting my focus on my new world, Cypress Lakes. I've learnt a lot since I made this world. I might rebuild it - one day :D

Offline JoJoJo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 02:59:45 AM »
Is there anywhere else that I can download this beautiful neighborhood/world.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 06:12:51 AM »
There isn't, no. But when I have finished with Cypress Lakes in a month or two, I'll be updating it, so I may upload it to 4shared or somewhere like that.