Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357840 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #225 on: December 31, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
Great news!  I did what BellaClo suggested, as well as turned down my graphics settings to medium, and both UC and my dynasty file are running perfectly, albeit in separate folders - I just rename the folder I don't want to play and everything runs fine, no lagging at all.  I suspect the combination of a very large dynasty file plus UC is what caused my original problem.

Anushka, this was your first world?!  I'm absolutely amazed at that - it's so perfect!  I hope you and the rest of the team don't get discouraged by all of us asking for technical help - it in no way reflects on your work or how much all of us love and appreciate it.  You guys did something that I bet EA wishes they could have done, and you did it brilliantly.  Now you all are handling Help Desk functions brilliantly.  I hope you and the team don't think that posts about difficulties some of us are having are in any way meant as complaints, because I think nothing could be farther from the truth.

Offline Cathair1

• Captain Grammar
  • Townie
« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2011, 10:37:10 AM »
Someone asked on the last few pages I think. I don't know how to do it myself. I've got random crashing as well and it's getting really annoying now...

Yeah that was me... I just went through all the posts hoping somebody knew what to do.. and Sportsfan, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! :) SO. I have no idea what to do it keeps crashing at 25% for me too, and I tried deleting everything union cove related, re extracting the ucsave file, and it still does it... not really sure what to do...
I'm what you call a "schmorgesborg" of emotions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »
Yeah that was me... I just went through all the posts hoping somebody knew what to do.. and Sportsfan, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! :) SO. I have no idea what to do it keeps crashing at 25% for me too, and I tried deleting everything union cove related, re extracting the ucsave file, and it still does it... not really sure what to do...

What EP's you two have? I can upload another save file folder to mediafire so you can see if that one work - I downloaded the one Carl posted, and it opened fine without Pets :-\

Katluvr, thanks ;D I'm glad you find the solution! I just started the dynasty and am trying to see how far I can increase settings for it to run smoothly, so far so good!

You mean you didn't put Max SKills in the game?  :(  He's like my superhero sim...

It was a hard thing to decide, but with a Sim who has everything maxed, this town would never get the green light for challenges and dynasties. It will most certainly give it unfair advantage to any other EA world. Leto did shared his Millionaire's Mansion and SuperSim who just started his skilling adventure with guitar skill (which is what Leto did for Max Skill - first max guitar and wait for opportunities, then other musical instruments, and then everything else).

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #228 on: December 31, 2011, 11:02:38 AM »
Supersim also has hidden traits.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Cathair1

• Captain Grammar
  • Townie
« Reply #229 on: December 31, 2011, 11:09:10 AM »
What EP's you two have? I can upload another save file folder to mediafire so you can see if that one work - I downloaded the one Carl posted, and it opened fine without Pets :-\

Katluvr, thanks ;D I'm glad you find the solution! I just started the dynasty and am trying to see how far I can increase settings for it to run smoothly, so far so good!

It was a hard thing to decide, but with a Sim who has everything maxed, this town would never get the green light for challenges and dynasties. It will most certainly give it unfair advantage to any other EA world. Leto did shared his Millionaire's Mansion and SuperSim who just started his skilling adventure with guitar skill (which is what Leto did for Max Skill - first max guitar and wait for opportunities, then other musical instruments, and then everything else).

I don't have any expansion packs, mostly because I can't afford it :) I thought that might be a problem right at the beginning but I thought I'd take a shot. I believe I extracted the ucsave.rar file right because there wasn't a problem downloading UC. What I did was transfer the file to a "zipped" folder, than extracted the file to the save file in my Sims 3 folder in my documents. From what I can understand thats how you're supposed to do it. I just tried again and instead of crashing the little circle for my cursor just kept "revolving" and it was stuck. I couldn't even close the screen to do something else. I had to shut off my laptop and when I turned it back on it gave me the same message, "The Sims 3 has stopped working. The program needs to close." I really am wondering I fI should invest my measly 950 bucks in my savings account into thee expansion packs... or a new laptop... :)

Offline Cathair1

• Captain Grammar
  • Townie
« Reply #230 on: December 31, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
A new save file would be nice, too. One that can cope with a person with no expansion packs, simply just The Sims 3 *coughcough me*

Sportsfan

« Reply #231 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »
I have ambitions and WA.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #232 on: December 31, 2011, 12:20:51 PM »
 I woke up this morning with a revelation! Google.  I must've been wayy tired last night not to think of it!  So after browsing many Error Code 12 forums from all across the world and implementing I can't tell you how many strategies and suggestions (apparently this happens for Many different reasons) - I finally got it to save! ;D ;D  I just went to Edit Town and saved it from there!  Hooray!

I also want to mention a few other things, even though they didn't work for me, for others trying to resolve this issue...  One thing was, if you get that Error Code while saving - Alt+Tab to Windows, Go into Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saved and delete all of the files that end in .bad then try saving again.
Another one was that Windows may be blocking the save (which made a lot of sense to me because of the size of the file) - go here http://www.ehow.com/how_6724773_stop-code-12-sims-3.html to see how to allow TS3 to bypass the Windows Prevention file...

Good Luck!  8)
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #233 on: December 31, 2011, 12:37:34 PM »

^^Oh, that's right...  I didn't even think of that!  That would've almost defeated the purpose of the Forum's World if it was disqualified from the Forum's Challenges and such!  Glad you guys had all of your angles covered!  8)
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #234 on: December 31, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »
UC works fine for me, problem is there aren't any trees?? I don't know, they just won't load.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: December 31, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »
UC works fine for me, problem is there aren't any trees?? I don't know, they just won't load.

Do you have WA? most of the tree are from WA.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
Do you have WA? most of the tree are from WA.
I have all EPs and SPs.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2011, 01:01:43 PM »
Now that is wierd! Can post a picture? If my settings are on low trees are not visible from town view, but in Sim view they are there. I'd love to see a picture, since at the moment I can't think of any reason at all why they wouldn't show!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »
I have a question for Anushka. Or anyone that helped create this. How do you set skill levels? I know for a fact Wyatt had level 10 gardening when I gave him to you, now he doesn't. Just curious how that happened?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
Carl has posted an official announcement on the Official Sims 3 Forum.

I have a question for Anushka. Or anyone that helped create this. How do you set skill levels? I know for a fact Wyatt had level 10 gardening when I gave him to you, now he doesn't. Just curious how that happened?

The same way we got townies into Create A World... We couldn't have Maxed Skills for the challenges so they all had to be lowered or raised accordingly if they were CAS Sims.

anything