Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357282 times)

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #525 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
Hello, I was told I could post this here. Everything in UC is great, but I did notice in the Twinbrook Family Starter the single bunk in the child's room is actually 3 copies of the bed stacked on top of one another.

All your hard work is -so- appreciated. It runs great for me.

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #526 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »
Thanks for the update Carl! Much appreciated!

However... I'm hesitating to download Union Cove V2 cause Showtime is coming in a week. And UC will be upgraded with Showtime features, right? I assume that will be V3?

I also see a potential compatibility problem with Dynasty challenges. Should we be playing these on the most recent version of UC? If so, and we can't switch neighbourhoods (which has problems of its own), then herein lies the problem. I guess this would also depend on how often UC is updated. Every month? Two months? Half a year?

Sorry to be such a party pooper (blame MATY), but I just wanted to clear up some things.

Kasumi

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #527 on: February 27, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
Yes, UC will be updated for Showtime. I believe the plan is to stay on top of all expansion packs. It's a beautiful world and a lot of work went into it so they want to keep it up to date. As to how quickly that will happen depends on the personal lives of team members.

I'm not sure about upgrading the town in regards to dynasties but maybe someone else can tackle that. You would want the most up to date version of UC always, as it won't be released with just a couple of minor fixes due to the time and effort involved.  I'm not sure how this would impact a saved file although I'm sure as far as rules go upgrading UC and moving Sims there would not be an issue so long as the version was all that changed. After all, UC is to remain balanced so won't ever jump over the line.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #528 on: February 27, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »
Yes, UC will be updated for Showtime. I believe the plan is to stay on top of all expansion packs. It's a beautiful world and a lot of work went into it so they want to keep it up to date. As to how quickly that will happen depends on the personal lives of team members.

I'm not sure about upgrading the town in regards to dynasties but maybe someone else can tackle that. You would want the most up to date version of UC always, as it won't be released with just a couple of minor fixes due to the time and effort involved.  I'm not sure how this would impact a saved file although I'm sure as far as rules go upgrading UC and moving Sims there would not be an issue so long as the version was all that changed. After all, UC is to remain balanced so won't ever jump over the line.

The only problem with moving is then you might wind up with Sims meeting their supposedly dead relatives in the new version. But I suppose if moving to a new version of UC is allowed in Dynasty challenges, that will be something that the individual player would have to weigh for themselves if they were playing the challenge.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #529 on: February 28, 2012, 02:29:12 AM »
For my Legacy I simply removed the extra Panther and Pink Character through Edit Town. Since they both live in my household.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

AdnaanA

« Reply #530 on: February 28, 2012, 02:53:24 AM »
I don't have all the expansion pack and stuff pack to install UC. So I install UC then put the save game in my saves. When I load the game I don't find UC start. I click UC in the toolbar and crashes half the way through. Help?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #531 on: February 28, 2012, 10:42:40 AM »
For my Legacy I simply removed the extra Panther and Pink Character through Edit Town. Since they both live in my household.

For my Legacy, I'm planning on replacing all of the townies with the ones from my save. I expect UC will be updated after each EP. It'll be a while until the EP after Showtime, but when that time comes, I don't want my fifth or sixth generation playing with Joe Marsden and Panther Character like my first generation was, for the sake of continuity. I don't think you'd be able to do this with challenges though, because the sims would all lose relationships with each other. I think whichever version you start with is the version you will have to finish with. However, I think that for UC exclusively, it would be okay for people to download the new EP UC, save the EP specific lots (since I'm expecting they will be forum-member-made), and then place them in their older version UC.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #532 on: February 28, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »
I played in UC; but, the lag threw me off. I'll wait for the update after Showtime to get serious playing there. Because Showtime may change a lot of things!

Offline bobbittx

• Nooboo
« Reply #533 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
TL/DR: great look and feel, layout, and playability++

I've been a non-registered guest for a while, the guides have always been a useful resource with each expansion pack. I registered to give a big Thanks! to the people who created and support Union Cove.

I downloaded it last night, and spent about 3 hours in edit mode alone just examining the lots and households. I can't imagine the amount of time/effort that went into this creation. It is nice to see that people who actually play the game had a lot of input into the layout. A common trend for most of the huge worlds is to have an urban section of one side of the map and the residential/rural section on the opposite side, but that never fit my playstyle. Most of the ones that I see that do not use that approach are not nearly as detailed as UC. It was a nice touch to allow all the areas to have room to grow for future releases and personal tweaking. And it is hard to explain how nice it is to have a world that contains very unique lots but still maintains a neighborhood theme.   

Coming from a software background, I know you guys probably get a bunch posts/pm along the lines of 'I haven't really used this but here is why I don't like it!' or 'It is borked, fix it Now! rabble rabble!!' (or at least it seems that way when I'm on that end) ...so I really just wanted to dogpile some Kudos for your hard work, with just a little more than a day of play time it has already provided a metric ton of enjoyment.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #534 on: March 04, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
the world I have been waiting for all my life ...but when I start it up it crashes with in a few mins of being in it..I am so sad about this anyone might know what I need to do to get it to work? I really really wanna play this world.  Carl or someone please help me out here thanks all

We have a Thread specially for Technical Issues. You might find more help there with a technical issue as it is the Technical Help Board, that and there are quite a few solutions to problems in there and ways to reduce crashing. If you have NVIDIA Graphics Card I solved my Crashing by turning of something called Verticle Sync in the NVIDIA Control Panel under 3D Settings.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #535 on: March 04, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
Hi bobbittx, thank you very much! Surprisingly we didn't get those kind of messages, and most of the problems are expected due to not so strong PC's, but we do have a whole tread dedicated to technical issues and all kind of complains. I'm very happy to hear someone played there and loved it as much as we do, and that you can see all the hard work put into making it. Thanks for Kudos and hope you are still enjoying the game there :D

gaelyn

« Reply #536 on: March 07, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »
I signed up on the forums here specifically to send a MASSIVE thank you to Carl and Pam, Anushka, Joria, Ausette, Danefaith, and Samoht04, and everyone who contributed to the many lots present in Union Cove.

It's a bit mind-boggling that EA isn't capable of releasing content that is even remotely in the same league as this, considering what they generally charge for new maps.

I've yet to encounter an issue with this area, but I'll be sure to let you know if I do.

Thank you for your time and dedication, particularly in keeping this updated to the most current expansions; it's easy to become skeptical and doubtful of EA, and it's your dedication that's managed to renew my interest in this franchise.

Thank you. <3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #537 on: March 09, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »
I recently got my new card so I wanted to fully check this town out. It's gorgeous which I already knew, but I did have a problem. I took control of Pam and Joe and their 4 cats and things were going fine, but then I had them talking to each other, and Joe rolled a wish for the chemist table so I hit buy mode, and it just froze. I had to use the task manger to close the game. I haven't tried it again though so maybe it was a one time glitch, not sure.

Offline adorkablefae

• Nooboo
« Reply #538 on: March 09, 2012, 07:35:24 PM »
My machine has awfully high specs but my load times are RIDICULOUS. Both to just load UC and once I'm in it takes for.ev.er for the textures to load; everything is white for a good 15 seconds.  Does anyone else have this issue? 

Otherwise I love it.  I've been poking around in houses and bios and stuff via edit town but then not saving any changes, haha.  Truly awsome and has so much more depth than the EA towns.  Awesome!!

I'm guessing I should try turning my settings off high and see if that helps my long load times, but I really like having it in high quality because I know that I built my computer specifically to handle my sims stuff.  Oh well.

Thanks to everyone!!!

[edited for profanity - Ausette]

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #539 on: March 09, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
Oh, wow, adorkablefae, you'll want to change your choice of language there.   :(

Don't mean to post just to point that out, but that's pretty bad and a definite no-no here.  No use getting in trouble, right?

anything