Author Topic: New traveling bug after patch 1.29 ? The ingame issue  (Read 2880 times)

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
New traveling bug after patch 1.29 ? The ingame issue
« on: January 03, 2012, 09:43:18 AM »
So I've traveled twice to Egypt since adding the latest patch, and have encountered the same problem both times:

For the the first 8 hours or so there is no problem, but then all of sudden, in the afternoon on the first day, I am encountering problems when trying to visit different homes and when talking to local sims in Egypt. For example, when I ring a door the household owner comes to let me in, but the action just gets canceled and the person who opened isn't able to talk to me. When I try to make a friendly presentation to one sim, my sim hops a few steps back and they can't talk. Just lots of weird stuff like that happens when ever I try to interact with anyone. I've tried starting over, going back to an earlier save and traveling from there etc, but still same problem.. I can't visit sims at their homes in Egypt anymore. I can talk to some sims in the marketplace but then this problem occurs:

I like to cue different actions for my sims, like "make joke" then "get to know" then "flirt" or whatever. But with this new bug, once Iäve made one of the actions, all of the rest ones I have cued gets cancelled.

Anyone else experience weird things like this?!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: New traveling bug after patch 1.29 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 11:02:52 AM »
I've noticed that if I'm trying to talk to someone for an adventure requirement, I have to keep the focus on that sim after they arrive at the location or they'll drop the action to "report in" or whatever. But I think they do that for normal opportunities too. Other than that, no, I haven't noticed anything odd with socializing.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:11:13 AM »
I've noticed that if I'm trying to talk to someone for an adventure requirement, I have to keep the focus on that sim after they arrive at the location or they'll drop the action to "report in" or whatever. But I think they do that for normal opportunities too. Other than that, no, I haven't noticed anything odd with socializing.

What do you mean by "keep the focus"? Interacting with that particular sim? I haven't had to do that.

loveSims

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »
I think she means if you sent a sim to report in, they walk out the door and when you check on them they play in the sprinklers! Mine so it a lot. Must keep an eye on them. :P

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »
I think she means if you sent a sim to report in, they walk out the door and when you check on them they play in the sprinklers! Mine so it a lot. Must keep an eye on them. :P

hehehe that'ws funny. okay, I've never noticed that - thanks for clarifying!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »
I've had this problem. In my Immortal Dynasty, I sent some of my sims to China and while one of my sims was participating in the Martial Arts tournaments, one of the opponents wouldn't communicate with my sim. I couldn't greet her (and therefore couldn't do other actions) and when I invited her over, she never showed up. I even tried resetting the opponent and she still couldn't interact with my sim. This has never happened to me before this patch, though.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »
That's exactly it - if I sent Joe to "report in", and then controlled Bob while Joe was traveling, if I didn't switch back to Joe before he got to the destination he'd drop the "report in" action and do whatever else struck his fancy.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 12:29:20 PM »
Cathyknits, it doesn't sound like you and MoonsAreBlue are having the same problem. What MoonsAreBlue is describing is the problem I'm currently having as well.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 07:10:59 AM »
I have this problem too.  Whenever I just click on the 'Report In' my Sim is busy chatting up some other Sim in the household or taking cell phone photos.  I have to click on the 'Report In' or "Deliver Metal" or whatever a number times to get the correct interaction with the correct NPC.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 07:33:36 AM »
I have this problem too.  Whenever I just click on the 'Report In' my Sim is busy chatting up some other Sim in the household or taking cell phone photos.  I have to click on the 'Report In' or "Deliver Metal" or whatever a number times to get the correct interaction with the correct NPC.

We're not talking about the same problem.. I have this problem with ALL sims in my game, please see the first post in this thread.

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 07:37:33 AM »
I talked to EA and they said I have what they call "the ingame issue". Has anyone heard of this?!

anything