Author Topic: Favorite Expansion pack? Poll reset to add Showtime. :)  (Read 14179 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Favorite Expansion pack? Poll reset to add Showtime. :)
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:53:30 PM »
I'm curious if anyone has a favorite expansion pack?  Least Favorite? 

Personally I really like Ambitions, I like the new careers, and skills,sculpting, inventing.

Least favorite - Late Night.   I've had only bother, plus the paparazzi... ugh.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Favorite Expansion pack?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
Don't we already have a topic for this?  If anyone finds it, please link it and I'll merge the two topics together.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »
Sorry to start up a topic if there was already one... I've not seen it before, so I thought I'd start one.

:)

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
Actually Pam there isn't. There are threads about which should someone buy implying what is the favorite but none directly asking.

My favorite is probably WA. I only have that and ambitions and I like it more because it adds more to the game.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 07:36:13 PM »
My favorite by far is Pets. I'm a little bias, since Cat Person is one of my five traits, and I'm a real life pet/animal owner and lover.  ;D It was my favorite for TS2, but the TS2 version is a major disappointment now, but that's because the pets are uncontrollable.

Second favoirte would have to be Generations. I'm not really a family person when it comes to Sims. I like Single's and pets, but I still love the new objects, and occult creature that came with it.

I would tie WA, AMB and LN third. I like all three, and don't dislike any expansion pack, really. I think with all expansion packs, there are features I like and will use, and other parts of the EP I don't like, and chose not to use those features in my game. For example, I don't like Laundry in Ambitions or Punishments in Generations, because it makes the game too realistic for my taste. I don't like laundry in the real world, so there's no need to make my Sims do it. They've had enough problems on their hands.  :P

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
Thanks, Sportsfan.  I guess I was thinking of those other threads.

I'd have to say that Pets is my favorite so far.  Having cats and dogs brings a whole new feeling to the game and I love it!  I'm a cat person, but I like playing the dogs, too.  I haven't done much with horses yet.  I'm sure they will be fun, though.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »
To be honest, I can't pick a favorite. They're all so good. If I had to pick, though, World Adventures would win. WA is just so fun!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 09:33:09 PM »
Hmm, that's a tough one. I think Late Night is awesome, that was the one I really wanted to get as soon as I heard about EPs. But I also like all the others too! Ugh I just can't decide.  ;D  :P
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

loveSims

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »
My favorite expansion is Pets. I like generations also and Ambitions is awesome! Lol I like all of them but Pets is just too cute! ;D

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 10:10:07 PM »
Currently Ambitions and Generations are my favorite EP's. They just add so much.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »
Oooh, toughie. I'd say Ambitions wins out for me because there's lots of content and it's not too invasive. Pets and Late Night would be a close tie for second; both are excellent expansion packs and add realism to the game, but once they're installed the features are hard to ignore if you get tired of them (vampires, celebrities, wild animals running around the city etc). I find Generations to be the weakest expansion pack, but that's because I only really play single Sims, not families.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »
Like Ausette, Ambitions is my favourite. Probably  because of the fact it was my first EP. I also love Twinbrook! It may have some pretty ugly sims but I love the scenery. The Ghost Hunter Career has also won me over.

My least favourite has to be Generations. Why, well  I absolutely love Late Night and Pets and WA is full of fun adventures, Generations just sits at Least Favourite because I love the others so much!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
I have every EP including Pets but I had to uninstall Pets due to my laptop not being able to run the graphics properly, so that's my least favourite. :P Kidding though, as it's my laptop's fault - not the game's, it would probably be my most favourite if it wasn't for the fact I couldn't play.

My favourite is either World Adventures or Late Night. They both add a lot of content that completely changes the feeling of the game and makes it even better. :D

I don't have a least favourite really, as Generations and Ambitions both come a very close second behind LN and WA, and I love them too.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 08:37:47 AM »
I would have to say that I love them all so far and I hope it continues for all the ones I buy. My top two are Pets and Late Night for sure. Followed by Generations, WA and Ambitions. I really don't use enough of WA or Ambitions but I love the ability to use the stuff in them. I know some people don't like LN but I don't get annoyed by the Celebrity or Vampire Infections that everyone else gets, maybe I just don't notice. I could not live without the stuff in LN for my game.  :D Pets just makes my families complete. For me I can't imagine family without a pet, or as my dad puts it: We couldn't stand not being owned by a pet.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 09:36:14 AM »
Oooh, toughie. I'd say Ambitions wins out for me because there's lots of content and it's not too invasive. Pets and Late Night would be a close tie for second; both are excellent expansion packs and add realism to the game, but once they're installed the features are hard to ignore if you get tired of them (vampires, celebrities, wild animals running around the city etc). I find Generations to be the weakest expansion pack, but that's because I only really play single Sims, not families.

Agree. And because it's the least glitch Expansion Patch I've play.

P.s: If Late Night works as "normal" as its purpose (without those glitch), I will love it more than Ambitions :D.
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

anything