Author Topic: Slight, probably personal, issue with saving Unicorns...  (Read 4378 times)

RacingLove

Slight, probably personal, issue with saving Unicorns...
« on: January 15, 2012, 01:01:28 AM »
This may be just me and my computer, but I've tamed 2 unicorns by using the cheat, and when I went to save them in the Custom place, I went to edit their saddles, and lo and behold, I couldn't. :o  I can mount them, yes, and the sims leaves the bridle on the Unicorn, but the game won't allow me to go into edit saddle mode, so I may save the Unicorn.  Is this just me and my computer?  Or will it not let me go into edit saddle mode because I used the cheats to get the unicorns?  Also, I bred my unicorn, and produced a unicorn foal (yay! ;D ) but I wasn't able to save that one either. :-\

Thank you if you can help, this has been very puzzling for me, and if I posted in the wrong place, sorry, I'm slightly new to the forums.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Slight, probably personal, issue with saving Unicorns...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 03:06:09 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, RacingLove.

The first thing I suggest is exiting and restarting the game, if you haven't already.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 04:43:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum RacingLove! The same thing happen to me once. Restart the game didn't fix it. I save them to the library and put them in a new town. That fixed it. :)

RacingLove

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:39:24 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, RacingLove.

The first thing I suggest is exiting and restarting the game, if you haven't already.

Restart as in, uninstall, and then reinstall? Or close out and go back in?  (that didn't work, so I'm thinking it's the latter).

Welcome to the forum RacingLove! The same thing happen to me once. Restart the game didn't fix it. I save them to the library and put them in a new town. That fixed it. :)

How do you save them to the library?

loveSims

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »
To save them to the library, go to edit town click on the family that you want to save's house. Click then on options and choose save family to the bin. I hope it make sense, my English is not very good.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 09:25:57 PM »
Restart as in, uninstall, and then reinstall? Or close out and go back in?  (that didn't work, so I'm thinking it's the latter).

No, I don't think you'll need to reinstall.  I meant just close the game and then go back in.  But it didn't work?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

RacingLove

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »
No, I don't think you'll need to reinstall.  I meant just close the game and then go back in.  But it didn't work?

It didn't work on either one of my towns when I tried it.

To save them to the library, go to edit town click on the family that you want to save's house. Click then on options and choose save family to the bin. I hope it make sense, my English is not very good.

It makes sense :) I'll try this, and come back and edit if it worked :) Thanks!

Edit:  Didn't work:/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 06:01:21 AM »
Did you put the family with the unicorn in a new town? By that I mean start a new game with them.

RacingLove

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
Did you put the family with the unicorn in a new town? By that I mean start a new game with them.

It worked that time, so I don't think I did it right the first time.  Thank you everyone!:)

anything