Author Topic: Adventure - Grand masters fight  (Read 6617 times)

sinbadjackson

Adventure - Grand masters fight
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:08:43 AM »
Having a few probs locating the tournament, been a whole (sim) day since I got the next part and all I have is the light gold with white star telling me not complete.

So will the tournament just pop up? I have 8 days left on the trip so I can stick about and collect stuff.

Or will it appear on specific day of the week? eg Monday. Again I have 8 days so that shouldn't a problem either.

Thanks Pete

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Adventure - Grand masters fight
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:19:21 AM »
Even if it does sound logical, tournament is not an event. You should open the inventory and click on the phone - there should be the option to invite next ranked opponent, just like for chess tournament. Sometimes, your next ranked opponents is already on lot, and that option is greyed, and sometimes, game generate merchand or paparazzi as the opponent so you have to use cheats but that is rare occasion.
Once the opponent come to the lot, click on it and you should have the option to challenge it or something like that - make shore your Sim is not tired - it works the same as Spar option. I often chose Market, Academy or base camp for this (opponents will come to the lot you are inviting them from), but some places are quite spectacular to have fights on.
You can only do this in China, not in home town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
I thought you had to call up a specific Sim (it would say something like "spar with next challenger") on the telephone and meet him at the Academy then you spar and have to win.  I think you have to spar numerous times before you have enough under your belt to be "Grand Master".  The people you spar with have to be called over the phone, while in China.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/worldadventures/martialarts/  Carl's has a lot of information about it:

Grand Master
This Challenge is completed after winning 20 ranked matches against sparring opponents. This will allow your Sim to train other Sims in Martial Arts at an accelerated rate.

:)

sinbadjackson

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »
Even if it does sound logical, tournament is not an event. You should open the inventory and click on the phone - there should be the option to invite next ranked opponent, just like for chess tournament. Sometimes, your next ranked opponents is already on lot, and that option is greyed, and sometimes, game generate merchand or paparazzi as the opponent so you have to use cheats but that is rare occasion.
Once the opponent come to the lot, click on it and you should have the option to challenge it or something like that - make shore your Sim is not tired - it works the same as Spar option. I often chose Market, Academy or base camp for this (opponents will come to the lot you are inviting them from), but some places are quite spectacular to have fights on.
You can only do this in China, not in home town.

Doh!!!  lol, thanks for that, I will go kick his/her but  8) I have got him at the fighting fist academy one, he slept on those crappy beds overnight, but the local pap followed me, and was taking pics of him sleeping, so it might be her. That would be funny.

In china he never sleeps in the base camp as it is too much hassle to go up and down the bloody mountain so he camps out or squats in peoples homes lol learnt that from playing his dad.

I will save before doing the request

Thanks again, much apprecitated, all replys that is

Pete

Offline Dragonsgirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:11:14 AM »
I have tried to do this a number of times....everytime I call the next one inline, they never show up, it doesn't matter what time of day I call them. They say they will be there and I wait, and wait, and wait.....Is this just a game glitch (bug) or am I doing something wrong?
I call them while I am at the Academy, and at the Market, still no one shows up when they say they will.

I've been stuck trying different ways of doing this all day, I'm about ready to just cancel the quest.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:17:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Dragonsgirl.  Is it possible the person you're trying to call is one of the merchants?  They never leave the stores, so you can't invite them by phone but I think you can go to the store and challenge them in person.  If the person isn't a merchant I don't know why they wouldn't ever turn up unless it's a glitch in your game, but if you know where the person lives you could have your Sim go to the person's house and challenge them there.  I've done that on occasion.  It's time-consuming, but probably not any more so than waiting for the other Sim to turn up at the Academy.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »
The problem of the sims not showing up when challenged happens occasionally.  It could be the next ranked sim is a performer and you can never get them to a fight.  Try using resetsim* this should return all sims to their home and should set a new sim as the next ranked.  Has worked for me.

The other occasional, related problem is when a sim accepts your challenge and then immediately messages you "something just turned up".  They may do this several times.  The easy solution is to go into town view and locate their home then go there to challenge them.  If they are not at home use resetsim simname, where sim name is the name of the next ranked sim.  They will be returned home immediately and you can challenge them.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 05:30:39 AM »
I often find that the sims that has something just turned up are loners, they are reluctant to come at all. Best fix is to corner them at home/at work and do the challenge there.

anything