Author Topic: Automatic kittens?  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
Automatic kittens?
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:44:52 AM »
Okay, I created a family of four in CAS, two young adults, one child, and an adult female cat. I occasionally move them in as an inactive household via Edit Town.

Long story short, kittens always show up in that household within 1-2 Sim days. Is it some kind of strange bug, or is it just the story progression?
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Automatic kittens?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 04:56:04 AM »
It's story progression if there are Pets appearing in Townies homes. I was looking around Union Cove through Edit Town in my Legacy and now most houses have a tiny black blob which must be a kitten or a puppy, when they didn't have one at the start.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:06:19 AM »
Okay, I created a family of four in CAS, two young adults, one child, and an adult female cat. I occasionally move them in as an inactive household via Edit Town.

Long story short, kittens always show up in that household within 1-2 Sim days. Is it some kind of strange bug, or is it just the story progression?

I've seen inactive households have puppies and kittens even without an apparent male around.  In all of these cases, the kittens and puppies look identical to the mother.  I think it's Story Progression.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:13:01 AM »
If your active family knows that inactive family, you may also get a call to adopt a kitten.  It's likely these same pets are up for adoption if you look in map view.  Some families are veritable kitten/puppy factories.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 03:52:14 PM »
I've seen inactive households have puppies and kittens even without an apparent male around.  In all of these cases, the kittens and puppies look identical to the mother.

Yeah, that's pretty much the case. I always put them in Sunset Valley, which I know has no pets to begin with.

P.S. I know this is off topic, but will turning story progression off stop the spawning of celebs and vampires in Late Night? If it does it should also prevent spawning of non-minor pets as well, right?
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »
Yes, Story Progression Off will prevent vamps, celebs, puppies, and kittens from appearing. Personally, I find puppies and kittens far more appealing than vamps/celebs :D

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 08:50:45 AM »
Personally, I find puppies and kittens far more appealing than vamps/celebs :D

Puppies and kittens don't stalk people, as a general rule, and regular gates keep any exceptions far from your family.   ;)

Also, there's no AWWW interaction for vampires.   ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »
Also, there's no AWWW interaction for vampires.   ;D

Lol, that just made my day.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
I play with story progression off, but families I am not playing still sprout kittens and puppies.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 02:03:37 AM »
I play with story progression off, but families I am not playing still sprout kittens and puppies.

I have that too with story progression off and my sim gets numerous calls for adoption from strangers. Tiara Angelista even had 3 young horses up for adoption. They were awful cute.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »

The Neighborhood Adoption System added with [Pets] is independent of EA Story Progression.

There is no EA Standard approach to disable it either, so it's probably a good thing that the animals are cute, since you can't get stop them from spawning.

:)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules