Author Topic: Pets Are Elders  (Read 2909 times)

syc06669

Pets Are Elders
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:06:29 PM »
So both my cat and dog are now to the elder stage. My cat is older than the dog ... anyways will they die soon? How old has anyone managed to get their animals? I have no special traits on them to make them unable to die and their life span is set on normal so what you all think?

Offline Gingermouse

• Llama Wrangler
Re: pets are elders
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
Well, to be honest, It doesn't really vary. Look at his information  tab... if you are using the Ps3 press the square button. At the end there will be a meter showing how long he has until he dies (when it reaches end). When it reaches the end he will die in the next 3 days or so...normally a day after in my experience. Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

syc06669

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »
Thanks. I did end up realizing that, but does it work the same way with the sims (like the people) or can they just die off at any time once they reach this stage?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 11:58:48 PM »
Thanks. I did end up realizing that, but does it work the same way with the sims (like the people) or can they just die off at any time once they reach this stage?

In the PC version of the game, elder pets die when they get to the end of that age bar, just like the Sims do.  I imagine it's the same on the console version.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Breerents

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Pets Are Elders
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »
My sims pet is an adult who will be an elder in a few days, about the same time as the human sims in his household.  I remember when playing the Sims 3, elders wouldn't automatically die when their lifespan ended.  It was sort of random as in real life , I guess. My sim has the Forever Young pet potion in his inventory and I'm not sure how he got it.  But i guess its like Ambrosia where it can reset the life stage.  i also just discovered my pets mate is an elder, because the message came up that she is getting older and won't be around soon.  Now I know why the "try for puupies" option didn't appear when they woo-hooed. :)