Author Topic: More Angels  (Read 20005 times)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
More Angels
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:39:09 AM »
This follows on from my previous story, here.  The sims are still much the same ages though you may notice their hair and clothes might have changed a little.  They are still the same personalities though.  Lucy is still a cranky-pants and still getting under everyone's skin.  This story will be about their adventures in a lovely little CAW world that I am playing with at the moment.  I don't really know where any of it will lead but hopefully, it won't be too boring.

Moving-in day.  Lucy stared glumly out of the window and wondered if this was exciting as it got here in Hicksville.  She stared without interest at the dry landscape, stunted trees and flat boring ground that stretched to the dun coloured hills on the horizon.  She just knew that coming here was the worst thing she had ever had to do in her life.

She had not capitulated without a fight.  Not Lucy.  She had snarled, sulked, screamed, shouted, cried, begged, bribed. Nothing had worked.  They had decided.  They.  Yeah. So much for family decisions including all of the family.

It was all Raphael's fault really.  He had been offered a transfer to a position in a little town called Dry Gulch. 

It would be a change of pace for him, he said.  He would gain valuable experience working in a different environment.  He would get to see his patients through their illnesses.  Not just pass them off to someone else to care for once they were over their initial crisis.

'So' Lucy had said. 'You will be working in a different hospital.'

'Well, not quite a hospital.' He said.

'I can work on my art.' Gabriel stared into the distance dreamily.  'I need to take time off to work on my paintings.  My art has been neglected while I have been busy with the band.' 

'And I want to work on my martial arts,' Michael said. 'I barely get the time now what with homework to mark every night.  It will be good for all of us to get away into the country and bond as a family without the cares and demands of work and school.'

'No school?' Lucy quirked an eyebrow.

'No school.' Confirmed Michael.  'No work, no school.  We can sustain ourselves selling our garden produce at the store as well as all the fish we will catch.  This is a great opportunity, not just for Raphael, but for all of us, and it isn't forever.'

Lucy looked from one to the other.  They all wore the same self-satisfied, I-have-made-my-mind-up, expressions.

'But what about my friends?  I won't know anyone. And I really don't know if I can afford to take so much time off school.  It sounds good but'  She took a deep breath 'I'm not the best student around, you know.'

'I will teach you,' beamed Michael. 'I am a school teacher after all.'

'That would be weird,' Lucy said ungraciously, pulling a face.

And so it had gone.  Each day the subject would be raised and Lucy would argue against it.  Eventually, everyone ran out of patience and that was when Lucy's temper tantrums began.

'Fine.' Michael had snapped. 'If you don't want to come with us, you can go to boarding school instead.'

'Fine', Lucy snapped right back.  'I will go with you then but I am not going to like it.'

loveSims

Re: More Angels
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:51:43 AM »
I loved your first story! The world you play in look so amazing. Micheal is just as handsome as ever. Awesome start! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:58:21 AM »
Thank you loveSims. I hope you will enjoy this one too.  :)

dragonsbeauty

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »
I need to read the backstory to catch up,but this is a nice start..looks like stubborn little lucy will be in for some hard times.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 12:49:40 AM »
Lucy had to concede that the house they were to live in was not a bad one considering some of the run down shacks in the town.

It seemed it belonged to the family too, or more accurately, some obscure cousin.

'That doesn't mean that we are not paying rent for it,' warned Michael. 'So we need to watch our money at least till we can get the garden producing enough so that we can sell the surplus.'

'In fact,' he went on 'Tomorrow we are going fishing.  We may as well start early working on our self-sufficiency.'

'I don't think wasting money will be a problem.' Lucy rolled her eyes. 'It's not as if there is anything here to buy anyway or did I somehow miss seeing the large and bustling mall full of expensive merchandise and happy shoppers?  And how come we get to have a cousin out here?  It's the first I have heard of this so-called relative.'

'If you had paid attention, you would have heard me say that our cousin organised my job.' Raphael said quietly. 'The town needed a general practitioner, our cousin had an empty house, so here we are.'

'Well it seems a bit too convenient to me.' Lucy grumbled, but no-one was paying her any attention and she wasn't even sure why she should care anyway.

loveSims

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 07:02:25 AM »
Their house look great. Awesome update. @dragonsbeauty read the Angels, it was amazing. ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
Aw, thanks loveSims. 

Richdre created the house and the world.  It's an adorable little world and such a pleasure to play. Save and load times are ultra-fast. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »
Life in Dry Gulch was not that bad really.  Lucy begrudgingly had to admit that Michael was quite a good teacher.  Lessons often consisted of practical exercises in the open air.

He would quiz her on her spelling while they dug up the weeds in the garden.

Or run through her mental arithmetic while they sparred.  She was pleased that she not only got all the sums right, but she beat him 2:1 as well.

And she was certainly better at martial arts than Raphael.

It wasn't always Michael teaching her either.  Gabriel discussed art with her while they fished.

And then tried to poison them with his cooking.

Raphael talked about botanics and growth but Lucy bailed out when he started going on about the birds and the bees.

With no roads or transport, they would all soon be as fit as Michael.

And then there was the wildlife.  Lucy's breath was taken away when she saw a wild horse

Dry Gulch was starting to grow on her.

loveSims

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 01:48:32 AM »
Are they going to explore the town? I'm very curious to meet some of the town folk. The picture of the wild horse is awesome! :)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 02:54:05 AM »
Yes, coming right up.   ;D

Thank you.  I liked that picture too.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 04:26:47 AM »
'Don't you think the people here are a bit weird?' Lucy asked. 

Raphael looked up from his book. 'Define weird'.

Lucy shrugged.  'They look different.'  She picked through her words carefully.  She didn't want a lecture on picking out people's oddities - no matter how weird they were.

'Well there was this lady the other evening when I was returning home.   Blue skin, blue hair...'

'Ah, that would be Bluebell Lilybanks.  Her husband is a ghostbuster.'

'Bluebell?' Lucy stifled a giggle. 'Her name is Bluebell?  And, excuse me, a ghostbuster?' She laughed out loud now.

Raphael looked uncomfortable. 'As long as they have a heartbeat, I will treat them.' He said.

Lucy was on a roll. Then there are those women with the funny hair, purple and green. 

'The Blossom sisters,' answered Raphael, 'Jade and Hyacinth.  Jade seems to know about you, Lucy.'  He raised an eyebrow but she chose to ignore it.

'Well, what about a red haired, green-skinned woman.' Lucy continued, 'She looked about ready to drop a bundle.  Dressed in some sort of outfit. Perhaps,' Lucy paused for effect spoilt only by her sly grin, 'Another ghostbuster'.

'That would be Pilar Pharaoh,' Raphael fidgeted. 'You shouldn't mock these things Lucy.'

'What you, a man of science and you believe in ghosts?' Lucy frowned trying to look as serious as she could.  She was rewarded by a flush in Raphael's cheeks.

'Well normally I wouldn't.' He sighed. 'Things are different here.  Anyway, Pilar had a baby girl.'

'Not everyone is - er - different,' Gabriel volunteered. 'There's Chance McCarthy and his sister, Gabrielle.  I met her the other day.  Lovely woman.'

'Gabriel and Gabrielle,' Lucy let the names roll over her tongue.' Promise me, Gabriel.  You won't marry her.  I couldn't stand it.'  And she dissolved into giggles.

loveSims

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 04:37:45 AM »
This is interesting town that is for sure! Lucy is such a typical teenager lol. Great update. ;D

dragonsbeauty

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »
Lucys' doing much better than i thought she would, i thought she would have more trouble adjusting.

I'm wondering if her making fun of ghosts might back fire on her though.

Looking forwards to the next=)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 02:16:23 PM »
Lucys' doing much better than i thought she would, i thought she would have more trouble adjusting.

In my real game, Lucy knows 13 people.  Of those, four are enemies - the ones with the dagger symbol - including her brother, Gabriel.  How anyone could get upset with him I don't know as he is such a gentle, friendly sim.  There is another sim (Raphael's girlfriend),  who has not yet got the dagger but is not far off.  She has only one good friend, Michael, but that is on shaky ground. She is a very difficult sim to manage.   ;D

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 09:41:03 PM »
I read the first story today and I loved it! The three brothers are very handsome. Raphael was my favorite in the previous story. :) I'll be anxiously awaiting new updates! Lucy certainly is a handful. I love your writing!

anything