Author Topic: More Angels  (Read 20185 times)

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
Re: More Angels
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
Cookies aren't enough for this tale.

Offline seashall

• Nooboo
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »
Cookies aren't enough for this tale.

Oh yes, cheese is MUCH better! ;)

That was a great chapter, Figwit! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
Thank you.  Cheese is fine too.  ;D

Clothilda, fidgeted and finally decided to pour herself another cup of tea.  She took her time adding sugar lumps and stirring it slowly.  Finally she looked up.

'You have met them, Lucy, but sadly, I don't think it has been an agreeable acquaintance.'

'They are newcomers like you.   A family of boys - four of them and one on the way.  It's a boy, too, by the way.  Your brother, Raphael, himself, confirmed it.   

The parents had heard the story of the watermelon cure and so moved here in hopes of finally getting their daughter.  Unfortunately for them, Lucy, they too can trace their history back to King Edward.'

Lucy pulled a face. 'You are talking about the Cookes aren't you?'

'Yes, the Cookes.' Clothilda nodded. 'I believe there is something special about them too.'

'I doubt it.' Lucy grimaced. 'Those boys are horrible.  The only spell they are under is to make them look human but they are really toads.'

Clothilda looked startled for a minute. 'Toads?  Oh I see, an insult.  I was going to say the whole toad thing with witches is a total fairy tale.  Now where was I?  Yes, the mother. 
You know she is the spitting image of Isolde.  I believe, though it has been impossible to trace, that she may have come from Isolde's line.  Perhaps Isolde had a sister or a cousin who passed on the facial structure.'

Lucy rolled her eyes. She really didn't want to think she shared a common ancestor with Justin Cooke.

'When I was a girl,' Clothilda closed her eyes as she sifted through her memories. 'There was a boy who used to pull my pigtails.  He would play horrible tricks on me that made me cross.  I didn't like him very much. 
One day he pushed me and I fell in the mud and burst into tears.  You know what he did?'

Lucy shook her head.

'He cried too,' Clothilda laughed. 'The silly boy was only trying to get my attention and going about it all the wrong way.  Boys!  You know what?  I married that boy eventually and we had a very happy life together.'

'I'm not marrying Justin,' Lucy yelled, then quietened as she saw that Clothilda's eyes were bright with tears.  'I'm sorry.' She reached out and patted Clothilda's hand. 'I guess you must miss him.'

Clothilda sniffed but smiled. 'You don't have to marry him, my dear.  I think being his friend will be enough.'

'You see Lucy, he has his own share of problems.  His parents are very nice people and love their sons dearly, but they have made no secret of their yearning for a daughter.  Children do not miss much but sometimes they don't really know the full story. 

I  believe that the boys, and Justin in particular, have grown up thinking that their parents are disappointed with them.'

Lucy picked at some threads on her jacket.  She knew that feeling well.  Her parents had loved her, of that she was sure, but there had been moments of exasperation and thoughtless comparisons too when Lucy had felt her throat tighten and tears prick behind her eyes.

'Oh no. Honey she has ripped up my papers. The boys would never have done that.'

'You only got a C, Lucy.  That's not so good. Your brothers always got A's.'
'Such a temper tantrum.  My goodness.  Your brothers would never have behaved that way.'
'You are such a handful, Lucy.  I swear you are more trouble than all your brothers put together.'

'So, I think that just befriending him will be enough – the two of you joining forces.  Who knows where that will lead.  I believe that together you may trigger some weakening of the spell.  That's not just my opinion, by the way.

It's not often that a bunch of wizards and witches can reach consensus but in this my colleagues around the world tend to agree with me.'

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »
Lucy and Justin!
I love it!
They will make such gorgeous babies!

;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2012, 11:36:16 PM »
If they don't kill each other first.  ;D  He's as hot tempered as she is.

Offline seashall

• Nooboo
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2012, 11:54:22 PM »
If they don't kill each other first.  ;D  He's as hot tempered as she is.
Uh oh, the future is NOT bright for them right now! ;)
Although if it's a fight Lucy wants, it'll be a fight Lucy GETS! :D ;)

loveSims

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2012, 02:48:37 AM »
Awesome updates! You're such a good storyteller. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2012, 03:16:25 AM »
Thank you both.  I love getting your comments.   ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »
Thank you again everyone. 

Lucy was thoughtful as she bid Clothilda farewell that evening.  She would be back to visit.  She promised that.  She and Clothilda had built the beginnings of a strange and unique friendship and Lucy did not want to lose that. 

She could picture herself  boasting to her friends back home that her best friend in Dry Gulch was a very old witch.  Lucy smiled as she was already planning on spinning a story of just how dangerous such a friendship could be.

Friendship with Justin was a challenge that she would face in the morning.  Perhaps she could invite him over to see the foal.  He would hardly pick a fight if Roamer was nuzzling wetly at his hand. 

He might like to have a ride on Tinkerbell too. 

She was a friendly horse and loved meeting new people.

She looked up at the clear, dark blue evening sky sprinkled with stars, and breathed in the smell of the sun baked earth, cooling now that the sun had gone.  Dry Gulch had grown on her.

So endeth my tale.  Whether Lucy and Justin can keep from tearing each other to pieces long enough to become friends might be another story I will tackle in the future.

Thank you to all my readers.  It has been thrilling for me to watch the view count climb so I hope you all enjoyed my tale as much as I did in writing it.  A big thank you to the ones who commented.  Your kind words meant a lot to me and gave me encouragement when I needed it.  Thank you again.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #129 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:43 AM »
I sad that this tale has ended.   :'( But, it seems that another is in the making.  ??? Will be waiting for future tales of Lucy and Justin.  ;D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #130 on: February 29, 2012, 01:11:22 AM »
Thanks Raven.  I will have to mull it over and see what I can come up with.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:06 AM »
It was a great story, Kept me hanging from the start right to the end.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

loveSims

« Reply #132 on: February 29, 2012, 06:22:10 AM »
A wonderful ending! I'm sad it end though :'( Can't wait for another story! I love your writing. :D

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: February 29, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »
Great story, Hate to see it come to an end. You are a very good writer and I am looking forward to your next one.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #134 on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
Awesome story, so sad to see it end too. I would love a story of Justin and Lucy trying to be friends! I love Clothilda. I would love to be her friend, too! ;D

anything