Author Topic: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes  (Read 54722 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
Sorry if it sounds like I am complaining but I think I'm more disappointed than complaining. I can't complain because I'll probably not be able to get it so I'm more of a sideline viewer on this. To me even if I could get it I wouldn't because to be honest all I feel you'd be buying is a few new objects for so far what seems to be a not very interesting World. What has captured me about Hidden Springs is the thought, the style and design if the World not just the objects in it. I just love the World and I'm often just messing around in it. I doubt I'd do that in this World. I'll stop commenting though since I don't want to keep going on about my views when everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the World. I just think it's not worth the money and is not up to standard with Hidden Springs and other towns.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »
I just think it's not worth the money and is not up to standard with Hidden Springs and other towns.

It's just different.  Not everything appeals to everyone, so EA finds themselves in a position where they just have to always try to design something new.  It can't be easy.  You know how much trouble I had just with my contribution to Union Cove!  I could never design a whole world and I'm in awe of anyone who can.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline iCastl

• Queen of the Wild things
  • Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
I actually think the world serves its purpose. It's a new theme, new houses, new sims. The only problem I do find in this world is that placing lots from expansions (for example the movie studio) would look way out of place.

What I do think is really cool is the new tree of prosperity. It's awesome :)

Anyways, it's not like I can get the world because the store doesn't support South American countries, but I still think its a really nice world-
And worth buying to some extent.
Sometimes love is not enough and road gets tough I don't know why.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
New World Coming To The Store - Lunar Lakes
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »
I wasn't going to get this but after watching the video...time to save up Simoleons after I get Showtime ;)

Frey

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2012, 12:10:40 AM »
Anyways, it's not like I can get the world because the store doesn't support South American countries, but I still think its a really nice world-
And worth buying to some extent.

Sorry if I'm kind of off-topic here, but can't you buy it at a local store? I'm from Chile, so I can't buy anything at the EA store either (and my father would never, ever let me use the credit card to do it anyway), but I bought Barnacle Bay from a local computer games store. It was just a game box with a serial key inside, no CD in it. Then I had to go to the official website, type the serial key somewhere and download the world from the store as if I had bought it from there. Maybe you can find something like that in your country as well :).

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2012, 12:38:12 AM »
Sorry if I'm kind of off-topic here, but can't you buy it at a local store? I'm from Chile, so I can't buy anything at the EA store either (and my father would never, ever let me use the credit card to do it anyway), but I bought Barnacle Bay from a local computer games store. It was just a game box with a serial key inside, no CD in it. Then I had to go to the official website, type the serial key somewhere and download the world from the store as if I had bought it from there. Maybe you can find something like that in your country as well :).

That is /if/ they do it that way Frey.  As far as I know, Hidden Springs still hasn't had such an offer to buy in store.  Lunar Lakes might eventually get one, but it will probably take a while still for it to happen to be able to buy a code at your local game store.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 12:39:32 AM »
You know, I wonder if those domes will be hard on graphics cards.

Shouldn't be any harder on graphics cards than the Butterfly Pavilion.  Really there's no difference between them in actual function...just increased accessibility.

I'm not exactly complaining.  I will probably get it at some point...it's a new world with new Sims.  But unless there's something else that appeals to me, it will just be lower on my priority list.  A new town is more than just a new town.  It also brings in new outfits and new objects that very often open up new ways to play.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 12:42:50 AM »
*nods*  I totally agree there Hosfac.  I do plan to get Lunar Lakes at some point, but I have other priorities right now.  Namely, getting a job so I can even get the town, let alone Showtime, Mastersuit, and the other stuff packs I don't yet have.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2012, 06:58:54 AM »
I have to agree with Samoth on the idea that this world could have been better. I really like the Sci-Fi theme, so it was a good news when EA announced they were designing such a world. I've personally never been a fan of EA pre-made buildings and Sims, so what I'm looking at is rather how the world itself is done (CAW work) and the new objects that come with it.

What I found good in the preview is all the more natural areas of the world, the big craters for instance. They seem really finely sculpted and painted. What I find less interesting is the big flat sandy zone in the middle. It just looks very bland to me. I understand they want a large flat area, it's much better for lot placement and routing, so it's a sensible decision. But, it could still have been painted in a more interesting and good looking fashion.

I'm not convinced by the super mega huge spaceship, I expect players will experience uncomfortable camera movements around it (think about the huge high-rise structures in Bridgepoort). And I'm very disappointed by the portals Rabbit Holes. This world was a unique opportunity to design really nice looking futuristic RH, and I feel they just missed that chance. Since EA has never released a Create-Your-Rabbit-Holes tool (and this is still one of my fool dream with the Sims 3 :-), we have no other choice but to depend on what they offer (sell) us. And well, big bluish doors are not good enough for me.

This world seems also a bit lacking in additional content. The fancy trees, new window(s) and wallpapers all came with a patch, so even if they are nice, they're not new anymore, nor specific to this set. The big blue crystals are not overly appealing either,  and I'm not sure there is much more stuff besides a few world items (which might not even be enabled in CAW).

So, I'm not going to buy it I think. If I wanted to buy an EA world, which is not really needed when they are many others as nicely done and free, this is the one I would get for sure. (Barnacle Bay and Hidden Spring never interested me the slightest.) But I'll certainly wait for a really nice sale because at 2400 pts, it's not worth it for me.

So, it's not a complaint indeed, more a general disappointment with the stuff they release, this world being no exception. They have everything to do really great content with long lasting gameplay. And my feeling is that EA is too often and too easily satisfied with very average design. They could invest a little bit more of the huge cash they earn in their products.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 08:28:36 AM »
That is /if/ they do it that way Frey.  As far as I know, Hidden Springs still hasn't had such an offer to buy in store.  Lunar Lakes might eventually get one, but it will probably take a while still for it to happen to be able to buy a code at your local game store.

They probably will eventually. HS is available in stores now.

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news

bshag

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 11:57:20 AM »
I can hardly wait for this world to be released tomorrow.  I loved the look of the pictures and when the lady did the walkthrough, my eyes popped out! ;D  I've been lurking around the DD on the sims 3 site for the futuristic sets they are putting on sale...for me, this is very exciting. :)  I can't download UC because I have to have the zip7 software to do it and I don't want to have that on my computer.  I'm not planning on getting Showtime because of simport issue, so I'm excited about Lunar Lakes.

I love the look of this world and finally get to put the new fantasy trees down where they won't look dumb. ;D  The new premium content looks great and I've been building houses like the futuristic ones for awhile now.  I even have my mushroom house I built a year ago but couldn't place anywhere cause it looked out of place.

All I'm expecting out of this world is just a new place to play for my simmies.  It would have been nice to have "real" aliens but this is just a new world, not an ep.  All of the other simmer made worlds, with the exception of one, have glitched up on me and I've had to delete them so I'm pretty much locked into getting new worlds from EA only. :(

Offline iCastl

• Queen of the Wild things
  • Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »

I've tried but with no luck. For some reason there aren't many gaming shops here in Colombia (I think it my be due to the problems we have with piracy). I have found a couple of the games in department stores similar to walmart or target but they arrive months after the release and sometimes don't even arrive (I bought LN around the release of generations and generations still isn't available).
There's another place I've tried (where I did manage to buy generations) and its at this block where they only sell computers but I can't completely depend on it. (I asked them to save a copy of pets for me sinc ethey only imported 5 and when I went to purchase the game they were gone :'( )

Actually I have seen this offer but online and Hidden Springs does have it. If you go on thesims3.com they have this sale at gamestop where you buy 1 game and get another free and one of the options is a boxed Hidden Springs!
Sometimes love is not enough and road gets tough I don't know why.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2012, 02:34:25 PM »
Now I am curious ! Was not planning on getting this world (saving up for Showtime and the Climbing Wall),but now I think maybe ,I missed the preview :'( Was it on the Sims 3 Forum?

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2012, 02:55:20 PM »
Now I am curious ! Was not planning on getting this world (saving up for Showtime and the Climbing Wall),but now I think maybe ,I missed the preview :'( Was it on the Sims 3 Forum?

If you're talking about the live chat, here it is, - http://www.ea.com/1/the-sims-3-lunar-lakes-chat

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »
Thank you so much Wednesday21  ;D that was a kind lovely thing for you do for me  ;Dxx

anything