Author Topic: Cannot take photograph of the spa in Appaloosa Plains  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Cannot take photograph of the spa in Appaloosa Plains
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »
OK, I have a problem here. In Appaloosa Plains, the bookstore and the spa is together. This creates a problem. When I try to take a photograph of the spa, only the bookstore is being shown up. How do I solve this problem besides creating a new spa building?

:'(

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Re: Cannot take photograph of the spa in Appaloosa Plains
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »
OK, I guess the ONLY way to solve this issue is to build a new spa building by using a community lot.

>:(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »
OK, I am having a problem here. It has been a year since I played Sims 3 and I can't figure out how to put in the spa and dinar in Appaloosa Plains. The reason I am asking is because I want to take photographs of these 2 locations.

Please advise. Thanks.

:'(

Offline isitachimi

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
I hear you blanchflower, yrs later on your thread but I hear ya. Same problem here. Left sims 4 from boredom. All I can do on that other game is build or play dining out, retail or camping & the retail and dining out while a different theme are simply a copy and paste of each other. Already had played through the careers so I'm literally bored to death.

I come back to sims 3 and I decided to finish off the skill point challenges that I never completed. Well, I go over to do the around town collection, go photograph the spa and the bookstore. Got the bookstore but guess what? The spa is attached to it and only registers in game as a bookstore even when photographing the spa next door to it. So none of this is actually working properly.

So then I go to edit town, figure I could just build a spa by itself. Much to my surprise when you change a lot type, the spa or spa isn't even on the list. I'm starting to feel like the collection can't be completed. If someone did complete it, please share how you did it exactly & how you managed to photograph "the spa" from the "around town" collection for photography skill point challenge. Been trying to google for answers. Thank you.

Edit:
Found some more answers thx to google here
http://modthesims.info/t/382740
Someone said they did it from sunset valley and had copied their sim there then copied them back and returned them back to their town when done. Wish me luck. Going to go try sunset valley for the spa photo.

Status update on collection edit:
Dear blanchflower, IT WORKED! That entire collection can be obtained quick and easy in sunset valley. I didn't find the police car park outside the station though. You would have to find it around town and get lucky or have a simmer that is a police officer and have them park their car on a lot while you snap a picture of it. At least that's what I did. Collection complete! Keep in mind you can also get pics of the bistro and a spa all by itself there too. The spa there isn't connected like yours and mine was to a bookstore, I was having the same issue in moonlight falls as you were in appaloosa plains. If you ever return to the forums here, now you have an answer and will hopefully be able to complete your collection as I just did. For the beach, take photo of an umbrella there even if it's on a chair. It will still count for you. Also, here is a guide with lot's of detail that might help by collection: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Photography/Photo_collections    Just found it online. Peace!