Author Topic: Is EA always this helpful...not (registering xbox version on Sims3 site)  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
I tried registering my game on the official Sims3 community site but it just kept saying I already had an EA account and prompted me to register the game. Which I tried to. It just kept saying the code was invalid. I then remembered I could register throught the yellow button on the start menu of the game, so I did. But I was still having the same problem on the Sims3 site. I contacted EA but they were pretty useless.

What I now realise is that the Sims3 site is for PC players. There are a few nods to consoles but you can't have access to the full features including the forum unless you register your game. I kept telling EA that the registration section had five boxes for the code, and the code that comes with the xbox game only has four. But they tried to tell me that the problem was because I'd already registered through activate.ea.com. and just to sign in to the sims3 site.

I also read somewhere of a problem/glitch that EA said they couldn't do anything about and the person should search through forums. Huh? The developers are saying they can't fix their own game? I am rapidly becoming addicted and it's a bit troubling if the help from the developers is so bad.

(BTW I am so grateful to have found this site. (at least here I can post,lol) Thank you to everyone involved I've found a lot of great information.)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Is EA always this helpful...not (registering xbox version on Sims3 site)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Hope.

I understand that you're frustrated, but we have a rule against bashing Electronic Arts.  Your post isn't harsh enough to be considered bashing, but it's coming close.  So, please be aware of our rules and be cautious about what and how you express negative thoughts about EA.

Now, on to your specific issues.  In your box that Sims 3 came in, was there a booklet or sheet that said you can register your game?  Did it give you the sims3.com web address?  I'm just trying to confirm that your game is meant to be registered.  We don't have a lot of console players and I know it's different from the PC version in a lot of ways.

Have you actually been able to log in to your account on the Sims 3 site?  How did you contact EA?  Was it email?  Live chat?  I've had to contact them a number of times over the past 2 1/2 years and I've always gotten very good service.

I also read somewhere of a problem/glitch that EA said they couldn't do anything about and the person should search through forums. Huh? The developers are saying they can't fix their own game? I am rapidly becoming addicted and it's a bit troubling if the help from the developers is so bad.

I think I've read this same thing and might have been involved.  Was it on our Forum that you saw it?  If it's the one I'm thinking about, it was mostly a case of miscommunication and the EA representative didn't understand what the player was trying to say and vice versa.  But no, the developers aren't saying they can't fix their own game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »
Are you trying to register an Xbox game via a PC?  If so - that may be the problem.

I can't speak for the Xbox, but I do have a PS3, and I've done all of my registering for online services, etc. though the PS3 itself.

Good luck.

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
The basic problem is that everything is geared towards the PC game and console versions aren't really catered for. EA Customer support wasn't that helpful (although they tried) because I don't think they've been given enough information about the console versions.

And it's not possible to register the xbox version of the game on the official sims3 community website. It means I've only got limited access and cannot post on the forum. Someone told me they bought a cheap PC expansion pack to register on the site so her son who had the xbox version had access to the forum.

EA should really have a sister site or sub site to the sims3 community for console players. They've made a great series of games in just a shame they don't value players on other platforms.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:39:22 PM »
The basic problem is that everything is geared towards the PC game and console versions aren't really catered for. EA Customer support wasn't that helpful (although they tried) because I don't think they've been given enough information about the console versions.

And it's not possible to register the xbox version of the game on the official sims3 community website. It means I've only got limited access and cannot post on the forum. Someone told me they bought a cheap PC expansion pack to register on the site so her son who had the xbox version had access to the forum.

EA should really have a sister site or sub site to the sims3 community for console players. They've made a great series of games in just a shame they don't value players on other platforms.

I can see where that would be frustrating for you.  I think they will eventually expand more into the console side of things.  It's still a pretty new product for EA and I don't know if Sims 3 on console has been able to prove itself to be a game that sells well.  Only time will tell, really.  In the meantime, I have the Prima Guide for Sims 3 on console, so I might be able to help you with some things.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »
hi Pam thanks for your offer of help.  :) I couldn't see the Prima guide for the console version on their site. Don't suppose it says anything about how to use the picnic basket. At the moment my couple can only have a picnic in the back garden....

Offline Breerents

• Llama Wrangler
I actually had this problem when I first started playing.  I contacted them and after going back and forth, I got registered.  I'm not sure how. ???  Anyway, they have a console thread on the forum, but no one really visits it. thats why I came here ;) And now they have a Pets forum for console thread.  I post there often.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Miss Dosey

Hello :)

I came to the same problem myself why i was hunting around for a forum that does indeed have console players that are active and trying to help each other.It is a shame that the E.A site does not have many console users but giving it respect when i had issues with a bug i asked on that forum and the p.c users was trying to help me as much as they could.

I had issues with registering my xbox version but had of coursei had my p.c version so i just added that code in. It was frustrating as i did only want to log in to get help with my xbox console issues but found the forum dead. The p.c users they could not help as of course the two games are so different.

Honestly i would say out of the amount of hours i have spent looking over possible forums for the sims console this site seems to the best for advice with active console players trying to help each other the best we can.  ;D