Author Topic: Xbox 360 Problems Interacting with Some Items in Inventory  (Read 6094 times)

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
Xbox 360 Problems Interacting with Some Items in Inventory
« on: February 11, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
Hi, I bought the duck for the bath and the bubble bath, but can't interact with it at all. All I can do is sell it. I also put the picnic basket into my sim's inventory but can't do anything with it either. I also did this with 'take painting', it went into my sim's inventory. When I selected it and pressed the green button nothing happened. All I could do was sell it.

Sorry if this has been dealt with before, but it's really annoying.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
Re: Xbox 360 Problems Interacting with Some Items in Inventory
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »
The way I use the duck and bubble bath is to place them on a bathtub (or tub/shower combo).  The bubble bath gives me an additional interaction option for the tub - "Take Bubble Bath", which creates the Sim action "Bathe Until Tranquil".  When a Sim takes a bath in a tub with a duck, they will get a "Ducky Time" moodlet.

RE the picnic basket - have you tried placing it somewhere so your Sims can then interact with and use it?  Paintings can be hung on the wall or sold - if they are hung on the wall, they can be named (by the artist), framed, or viewed.

Good luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
Hi, thanks for your answer, but the point is once these are in the inventory I can't do anything with them, no action comes up when I press the green button. I want to take the picnic basket to the park, but once the sim picks it up I can't do anything with it. And the duck and bubble bath has to bought at the store, again once it goes into the inventory I get no actions when I try to select it.

Thanks anyway, I'll persevere.  :)

edit:
I've finally worked out I've got to go into buy and build mode to interact with the paintings and bubble bath etc. But I'm still having a problem with the picnic basket. I can only place it on the house lot, I can't take it to another park or even the community park across the street! Is this so? It's seems a bit silly if you can only have a picnic in the back garden!

Miss Dosey

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »
It is silly and sorry to be the one that brings such bad news but yeah you only use it on your lot not in public places  :(
but you can prepare a group dinner put it in your inventory and take it to the park use the serve meal and call people to meal that way you get your group picnic feel to it  :-\

But i agree it is rather silly you can not use it in public places

Miss Dosey

Offline Breerents

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »
Yeah, who has a picnic in their backyard :)

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »
I didn't realise you can take a group meal out in the inventory. Thanks, I'll have to try that.

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 06:04:56 AM »
Try going to build and buy mode. You can then place items from your inventory. I hoped that helped.
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
Thanks everyone for your answers.  :)

Offline Breerents

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »
Wow, now I have a new inventory problem.(Sims 3 Pets).  My current sim still has items in inventory from a previous family member who was an inventor.  One is the cow toy.  My sims little girl has been starting to play with it.  There are 2 in the inventory and I wanted to sell one.  So I clicked it on and the price was something like $1,358,500.!!  So me being greedy decided to sell it.  But all I could do is place it, and I did and then put it back in storage.  And then my game froze! And I had to back out and lost all that was done to that point.  I can't get rid of that toy, and my sim toddler still plays with it.