Author Topic: Pretty in Pink, starter home  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Pretty in Pink, starter home
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:42:08 PM »
Ok, you guys have inspired me.  I tried making a starter home that would cost a lot less than $10,000 and I did it.  Not much to look at but with a LOT of potential!

Lot Size:  20x30

Cost:  Furnished $8, 142

1 bedroom, 1 bath, kitchen, lounge area, bedroom, dining area, back patio and ready to plant garden.

2 store items,  Ghost Mirror, freebie with Halloween download, and a vase that came with a set I simply don't remember it was so long ago  Both these items cost $1 in game the vase almost guarantees a beautifully decorated moodlet.

EPs used, WA, Pets and LN

It's really tiny yet it has everything you need.  I got all the different looks just by recoloring cheapo things.  All the walls are covered in pool wall then recolored.  The floors are the free wood and then recolored.  The path is the same free wood recolored with Mosaics!  I tried to keep everything as cheap as I could and still make it pretty.

I would rather have used a counter with an inset sink and better windows but the criteria I set for myself was "cheap as possible and still look ok".  I also normally add the little "extras", like plants but that cheap vase works and certainly fits the cheap as possible criteria.  Being placed way back the way I did, it is very expandable and upgradable!  Put it on a smaller lot for even more savings.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Pretty in Pink, starter home
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:49:15 PM »
Aw, for such a cheap house I think it's turned out quite sweet! The pastel colours are nice and subtle and I like the tiles you've used.  :)

The vases are from the World Adventures registration set, if anybody's wondering. Also, I think some of those plants and terrain paints are from Ambitions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
Thanks, Ausette!  All I could remember about that vase is it was something I got when I first got my game years ago.  For such a cheap item it sure packs a decorating punch, and it's recolorable!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »
I didn't know that vase was re-colourable! This house is very nice, especially for the price. :)

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:30:08 AM »
Aw what a lovely little home, downloading for sure.  :)
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline Agneza

• Occult
  • Don't worry be happy...
    • Agneza's creations
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:34 AM »
Cheap and cute - perfect !

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Pretty in Pink, starter home Redone
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »
I've gone back and redone this little gem.  It looks basically the same so no pics for the remodel.  I removed one counter and the light out front was replaced with a standard porch light.  Stats:

Name:  Pretty in Pink

Lot Size:  30x20

One bedroom area, one bath

Price:  $7,960 furnished
          $6,457 unfurnished

EP/SPs:  Show Time, Pets, Ambitions, World Adventures, Late Night, KP Suite Stuff

Items that are not base game:  Suite Dreams Dresser, Brass Button Lamp, The Disciplinary Lamp,
Brash Bowl, Common Commode, The Dragon's Vase (WA registration set), Reflecting Ghost Mirror, (Halloween freebie)

Description:  Open floor plan with the only interior walls being the ones to define the tiny but usable bathroom.  The bedroom is made more private by using a fence to separate it from the seating/lounge area.  It is VERY expandable so is a really good starter home.  Just add wings or more stories up and/or down.  Easily recolored to suit your personal color preferences. 

I went a little further and put the same basic house in the same pink on a 10x10 lot.  It has all the same features but also the addition of a planted garden, (buydebug plants so only "normal" quality), that is ready to harvest and a tiny patio area.  I'll post a link to the 10x10 below. 

Price on 10x10 lot:  Furnished $8,169
                             Unfurnished  $5,639

I could have made it cheaper but the garden and a few indoor plants brought the cost up.  Without these additions it would be cheaper than the 20x30 version.  It is called Pretty in Pink 2

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 04:03:25 AM »
Aww this is so sweet! A great starter home.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 12:53:15 PM »
Thank you.  It's basically a box, but my intent was to make something so cheap you could even put it on a huge lot and still be able to afford it and then make it grow.  With just a few modifications to the interior, ie. bunk beds, you could actually have 4 or even more, Sims live there while they built up their funds.  Had I lifted it up on columns it could even be more useful, particularly on a 10x10 lot as it would be house above, large enough garden below and no foundation to make building a basement difficult.  Hmmmm, I think I'm going to give that a shot!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 12:56:13 PM »
Great idea! Look forward to seeing it :D
*´¨)