Author Topic: Dong huos treasure trove - symbol  (Read 19297 times)

Mysle86

Dong huos treasure trove - symbol
« on: April 14, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »
Hey.
I've been doing the Dong huos treasure trove adventure, and I moved the red statue, got into the room with the leopard chairs, took all the thing in the chests (and in the one in the exit room), and then it was time for me to go home. But then I realised, I didn't have the symbol of Dong huos treasure trove.  ???
I've been down there again, searched all chests, moved my curser over all the walls, checked every torch to see if one of them could open a secret door someplace, but with no luck. Could someone please tell me exactly where the symbol is? It's the last one I need to finish my China collection. Please. Thank you.
Mysle

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Dong huos treasure trove - symbol
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »
Welcome to the Forum!

This is a quote from the Guide, it's basic but I have not done this Adventure, so maybe another member may be able to give more precise info than what is on the guide.
(I put important bits in bold)
Dong Huo's Treasure Trove
Only accessible during the 'A Curious Note' adventure line after exploring the Market Caverns and finding Dong Huo's Keystone, the Treasure Trove is appropriately heavy on the goodies. I found a total of three vases from the Chinese Vases collection, a Dropa Stone, along with a Symbol of Dong Huo's Treasure Trove behind a hidden door after pushing the red statue down a hallway. To get through this place you'll need four keystones that are scattered around the tomb. Upon finding all four, head to the final treasure room. Look for the switch behind the throne for an alternate exit.

[Edit:  Here's the link to this page in the Guide.  -Pam]
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

purplepanther101

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »
I had some trouble with the same tomb about a month ago. :P  I figured out that you don't actually have to move the red statue. But it is in the same hallway as the red hallway, behind a hidden door you have to inspect near the back wall. Hope this helped, Mysle :)

[Edit:  We don't worry with tagging as a spoiler in this forum.  -Pam]

Mysle86

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:35:27 PM »
Thank you very much :) i found it, and finished my collection.

StefanieB

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:36:32 AM »
I am very confused as to where the tresure trove is! And I'm feeling very stupid for not knowing because even looking online, I've found no one else who's wondered. So I have the curious note adventure and I'm at what I believe to be the last part which is after recieving the keystone from the merchant after getting permission to use the land. So could someone explain to me where Dong Huo's Treasure Trove is please? :-\

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:27:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I found this on the Guide!

(The Dong Hou's part I put in bold!
A Curious Note
This line unlocks Dong Huo's Treasure Trove under the Shang Simla Market. It also leads to the Market Caverns where you'll find the keystone. Both of these tombs have a Symbol associated, and there are some nice items to be found. This is also a rather short chain and provides great VISA points to push your Sim toward level 3.

Here is the China Link!

- http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worldadventures/china/
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

StefanieB

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »
Thank you but I'm still having trouble finding it ???.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 07:10:59 PM »
In front of the general stores of China (in the little park), you'll find a white, marble square with footmarks on it. Step on the square and an hidden staircase will be opened next to you.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

StefanieB

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 02:42:43 AM »
Thank you, I'll probably be able to find it now. :)

Feathery

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »
I searched through multiple forums to find the Dong Hu's Treasure Trove Symbol, but no one posted the actual answer, just that they had found it. Its behind a hidden door near the only Terra Cotta horse statue.