Author Topic: A brief description of Twallan's (Nraas) Mods.  (Read 208720 times)

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Re: A brief description of Twallan's Mods.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
Re: A brief description of Twallan's Mods.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Documentation

Well, don't I feel stupid. I've been looking for that!  :D 

Thank you.

I have a probably stupid question: could my game start lagging or freezing from having so many mods? I would like to install several of them but I'm not sure what it would do to my laptop. Not because they are bad mods, but because of downloading too many. My computer has a nice graphics card but all the other requirements are at the minimum or barely above.

If you're running on a slower computer, then yes, it theoretically can cause lag.  I ran Sims 3 for a while on bare minimums, and I didn't find lag from my mods or CC, but I also purposely didn't install a lot of mods or CC.  It's really more dependent on the total number of .package files in your /package folder.

If you're just looking at Twillan's list of mods, you're probably fine for lag.

And if you're really worried,  I'd say just be judicious about what you want and install a few at a time (which is good advice for any mods. :) )

Hope that helps!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »
I have a probably stupid question: could my game start lagging or freezing from having so many mods? I would like to install several of them but I'm not sure what it would do to my laptop. Not because they are bad mods, but because of downloading too many. My computer has a nice graphics card but all the other requirements are at the minimum or barely above.

I can't speak for others, but I have 2/3 (two third) of the mods Figwit mentioned and there is certain lag but nothing game-breaking. I tried to go overboard once and added about 25 modifications to my game at once and, well, you bet it lagged.

Usually, it all boils down to the point where your system specifications and .package file number are all that matter.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Re: A brief description of Twallan's Mods.
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »
WOW. This was so awesome of you, Seabody!! I have often wondered what some of his other mods do but the amount of documentation I'd have to wade through always deterred me.

You're welcome! (And that's directed at everybody who's thanked me!)

And on a side note:

O0

New Hidden Smiley! >:D

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »
A lot of the mods I listed, do not actually do anything but sit until they are needed so they will not lag your computer.   That is my understanding anyway and could be flawed.

The ones that can cause a bit of lag are the Story Progression ones because they do manage your sims and give the game a lot more sense.  EA's SP just 'disappears' sims at random to keep itself fast.  I don't use the Story Progression Expanded component because it does tend to lag my game.  It is a terrific component and adds so much fun to your playing experience but it does tend to slow things down a bit when I get a few sims in my town. 

The mods themselves are only little and certainly much smaller than, say, a cc hair file.

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Re: Re: A brief description of Twallan's Mods.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
And on a side note:

New Hidden Smiley! >:D

Hee hee! I use Tapatalk—the smilies are more limited but apparently, there are a few hidden ones in the mix! (i.e. It doesn't register the one you made; it turns it into a > and then :D. I just looked at it on the computer and I have that smilie too, but it doesn't properly convert in Tapatalk. 6_6)

___
Posted using Tapatalk for Android

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »
I've tried Overwatch and Saver, both of which I highly recommend.  I never realized how much junk built up in a game file and Overwatch cleans it all up every sim night.  The games where I use it run much better because of it - very little lag or freezing at all.

Saver is kind of a mixed blessing.  It is a pain to have to stop and save every 30 minutes when everything is running well, but the first time my game crashes and I've only lost 30 minutes of game play I know I will be really happy.  It's well worth the minor nuisance.

I haven't really dabbled with any of Twallan's other mods, although I'm thinking of installing ErrorTrap in my games with mods.  I'm a little bit leary of adding too many mods too quickly, so I'm really just looking for a few key ones that will address the numerous bugs and glitches that EA hasn't gotten around to fixing yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »
NoCD.package

You do realize that if you do a digital install of the last expansion/stuff pack that you own, that you won't need a disc, right?  Even if you do install the others physically.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
You do realize that if you do a digital install of the last expansion/stuff pack that you own, that you won't need a disc, right?  Even if you do install the others physically.
I have the digital download versions installed, but I use NoCD anyhow so I don't get that annoying popup when I start my game.

Frey

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »
Thanks for your replies! I will definitely download Overwatch, Story Progression and Saver, then. I already have ErrorTrap too.  :)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
A brief description of Twallan's Mods.
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 05:22:09 PM »
Can Twallen's story progression mod force townies to have nooboos? There hasn't been a new baby born in my game for three generations.

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »
Can Twallen's story progression mod force townies to have nooboos? There hasn't been a new baby born in my game for three generations.

I don't know about Story Progression but you can force pregnancy with Twallan's Master Controller. Click on any computer or City Hall and select NRaas > Master Controller > Sim > Basic > Pollinate. You'll be prompted to choose the mother and donor (father). You can also select Baby from the Basic menu and you'll find options for choosing the baby's gender and increasing the chance of multiple births. If you don't want to wait three days you can just choose Instant Baby from the Intermediate menu.

EDIT: Master Controller alone can't do this. You also need the Master Controller Cheats module.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
A brief description of Twallan's Mods.
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:25 PM »
I don't know about Story Progression but you can force pregnancy with Twallan's Master Controller. Click on any computer or City Hall and select NRaas > Master Controller > Sim > Basic > Pollinate. You'll be prompted to choose the mother and donor (father). You can also select Baby from the Basic menu and you'll find options for choosing the baby's gender and increasing the chance of multiple births. If you don't want to wait three days you can just choose Instant Baby from the Intermediate menu.

EDIT: Master Controller alone can't do this. You also need the Master Controller Cheats module.

Thank you. I guess I'd better go back and download the cheats module. Im really nervous about installing these mods to my game but it sounds like I can bypass some of the issues I have. I've printed out the installation instructions so I'll be good to go as soon as Showtime is installed. Does eliminating the vampires work the same way?

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »

Story Progression will have triggers, just like EA story progression, which causes townies to have a chance to have babies. In my experience, you end up with a good amount of nooboos naturally in the towns. However, you can increase this number by turning Immigration Off and Elder Emigration On. :) But thats just my experience.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Frey

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 05:02:31 PM »
I just installed Story Progression and it's so much fun!! In fact I've decided to turn my Dynasty unofficial, just so I can play it with Twallan's Story Progression enabled.