Author Topic: Showtime Stages  (Read 11518 times)

Taylor90

Showtime Stages
« on: March 07, 2012, 06:27:27 PM »
Ok, so ive been all up on the facebook forums trying to ask and find out how to lay down a stage, for example: in a park. But all i get is the shell around the stage, but not the middle. I want to know because my boyfriend and i would like to stay in lunar lakes, but would like to be able to utilize showtime as well. There arnt lots big enough to place the large sized lots, so i want to remake the lots at a smaller more convienent size. But i cannot unless i can figure out how to lay down both the big park stage and the inside stages. Also i have the katy perry edition, and cant figure out how to assembe her stage as well. Any help wil be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Taylor

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Showtime Stages
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
There is a big park that is only 30 x 30 that you can put in Lunar Lakes and you can place an empty lot with the world editor.   From what I can tell all the stages are just made with foundation, lights and stairs.

As for setting up the stage, you can only do that one hour before a gig and that's the only time I've seen any of the items available.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Taylor90

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
We put the stage down, but the foundation would lay down right.  :( We need to know how to connect the foundation and the stage. Also how do i construct the stages for the coffee house and kareoke bar?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:47:43 PM »
It's not a foundation.  It's a platform.  But I think the stage at the park is a platform on top of a foundation.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
There is something called a Showtime Stage that I just picked up from the stage of the Big Park that's in the Community Lot Bin.  There's no platform it's just this 8x7 flat stagepiece.

Edit: I found it under buydebug.   It's a 8x7 showtime stage that has to go on top of a foundation or platform most likely.  Buydebug is also where I found the squares you need to put down to ensure people watch the show.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nyxi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 07:06:27 AM »
When I installed Showtime and loaded my SV file it prompted me to go into edit town and add the new lot types, one of them is the small park that was mentioned, you can perform there. If you don't have space in Lunar Lakes for all the lots you can designate New lots through edit town and then find the lots under place community lots. Also for the karaoke/coffee shop I think the stages are already made and you can already perform after setting them up.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 10:30:25 PM »
So there aren't any smaller stages? They're all 8x7? I ask because I don't have Showtime yet and I kind of need to know for the new Building Contest.  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 04:47:17 AM »
So there aren't any smaller stages? They're all 8x7? I ask because I don't have Showtime yet and I kind of need to know for the new Building Contest.  :P

There is only one sized stage.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 05:00:03 AM »
There is only one sized stage.

Oh, OK. Thanks Tom.  :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 05:27:22 AM »
Oh, OK. Thanks Tom.  :)

There are other things though but I don't know what they do. There is the Large Venue Crowd, some kind of Bench Zone and some Benches. Not sure what they are for though. They don't seem to be needed for a Venue to function.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 05:59:58 AM »
There are other things though but I don't know what they do. There is the Large Venue Crowd, some kind of Bench Zone and some Benches. Not sure what they are for though. They don't seem to be needed for a Venue to function.

The Large Venue crowd is used in the Large Venues (the stadium and theater) to generate that illusion of having hundreds of Sims in the room.  I'm not exactly sure what the Bench Zone is.  There should also be some smaller square areas that I believe are for attracting crowds to the venue.  I haven't actually peeked into buydebug yet, but I can see them placed around stages before the area renders when I first focus on them.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
The bench zone is another one of those squares that designates where Sims will stand/sit during a performance. If you put the buydebug bench in the square then Sims will sit there and watch the show.  :)
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.