Author Topic: Big Venue Bug?  (Read 8598 times)

Offline Rebecca88

• Llama Wrangler
Big Venue Bug?
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:11 AM »
Hi everyone! Hope you're enjoying Showtime as much as I am.

I've noticed that when my sim goes to play a Big Venue, she'll show up at the time and then "watch show." When I click the stage, there's no option to perform or set up the stage. It's happened at each Big Venue she gets a gig at. Has this happened to anyone else? (For reference, I am playing on a Mac)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Big Venue Bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »
No, what happens in mine which I assume is perfectly normal is, I cannot enter until two hours before. When I do, the stage is blank and ready to be set up, and all the seats are empty. It seems I can start the show early if I'm quick about it. This has resulted in good shows so far. Can you try entering earlier?

I have to say I was seriously worried the big shows would be in a rabbithole, but instead find they came up with a novel solution with the darkness and Sim silhouettes to give the illusion the arena is full.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rebecca88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »
Thanks, Carl! I'll try again today. I know at least one time, I tried entering earlier and the stage was empty but it still seemed like there was a show going on. I'm hoping a hard reset will help. Otherwise I'll probably end up reinstalling.

I'm glad that the big shows aren't rabbitholes as well, though. It's nice to have that control and it's more interesting than the horse races at the equestrian center.

Tony

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 12:04:17 PM »
Don't click on ATTEND conert that you have to pay - you're supposed to click "GOTO GIG LOCATION".

Offline Rebecca88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:24:18 PM »
Hi Tony! That's what I did, though. I clicked on the icon for Singers to go to the gig location. I didn't click attend anything and if I had, I would only have gotten a rabbit hole, not the stage setup.  The problem is that my sim sees an empty stage, but the game tells me there's a show going on and won't let me do anything other than watch.

Offline JohnKellyFan

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 07:01:48 AM »
I have the same problem. I can only play a big Venue at one place :-(. The one Where I can't play is where sims can go and watch a game (sorry, don't know the name, I play in Danish). I tried to go there early, but that didn't help. The stage wasn't even empty.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 08:25:52 AM »
The only comparable thing I had, was for an outdoor venue where I couldn't perform because a simfest was going on.  Could it be that a ball-game or theatre show was taking place, stopping you performing?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JohnKellyFan

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »
Every time I have a gig there, I can't set the stage. There is a man on stage, and the props are there (not mine ;-)). I'll try again, to see, if a game is set at the time too.

Xothin

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 02:10:44 PM »
I had this problem myself and had to use the cheat console with resetsim * to clear it up.

Hope that helps!

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »
Given this:

Every time I have a gig there, I can't set the stage. There is a man on stage, and the props are there (not mine ;-)). I'll try again, to see, if a game is set at the time too.

I just wanted to clarify.

I had this problem myself and had to use the cheat console with resetsim * to clear it up.

Was the sim you reset your own, or was there already a performer onstage, and you reset THAT sim?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »
Was the sim you reset your own, or was there already a performer onstage, and you reset THAT sim?

"resetsim *" resets all Sims in town.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Xothin

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »
When I went to perform at the venue, it looked like there was leftovers from a previous act and there was an invisible sim already performing. Since I didn't know who it was, I just reset all of them and it cleared it up. Granted, it reset my sim as well and required me to make my way back to the venue, it made it so that I could perform my gig.

And Hosfac is correct, it resets every sim in town.

anything