Author Topic: Does losing Internet Connection cause Showtime to Crash?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Does losing Internet Connection cause Showtime to Crash?
« on: March 10, 2012, 03:02:00 AM »
I'm not sure where to put this because it's a Showtime feature but then it might not exactly be a technical issue, as it were? I'm wondering whether my game crashes when my Internet goes out because just now it crashed for the second time since Showtime and the moment it did I saw my Wireless was searching for a connection. I have one of those Wireless Stick things which connects to the router downstairs. The first time it happened I blamed Starlight Shores but now I'm not so sure whether that might have been the same thing.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
Re: Does losing Internet Connection cause Showtime to Crash?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 03:11:53 AM »
I've had my in-game online features knocked out during gameplay, but it never disconnected me from the internet or crashed my game.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Does losing Internet Connection cause Showtime to Crash?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:50:53 AM »
I've never heard of anyone having this specific issue, although I did play for a bit while I was not logged in shortly after the latest patch and I didn't crash.  I did have an internet connection though.  I have heard of more crash complaints after Showtime, though.  I even crashed a couple of times yesterday, and that rarely ever happens for me.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.