Author Topic: The gig that won't end (singing)  (Read 9104 times)

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
The gig that won't end (singing)
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:35:57 AM »
My singer is level 6 now and has done a few shows, but now whenever I do a gig it won't finish.  I can select end-show, but it still remains in my Gigs Schedule.  I tried getting another gig at a different location the next day, and that gig also won't end, so I never get any money for them and also now can't get any new gigs at those locations.

A sims reset didn't help, and I can't find any way to delete entries from the gigs schedule.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The gig that won't end (singing)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:51:14 AM »
I haven't exhaustively tested it, but I think I've narrowed it down to what causes this bug.  You know when you head to your performance location, the job panel pops up in the left hand corner giving you the address, performance time and what you need to do to complete the job.  Well it seems for singing performances (and I assume for magicians and acrobats), if you go to the location really early, then that panel seems to disappear after a bit, and if I start my performance whilst its not there I get bugged.  I was heading to the venue first thing in the morning and then performing for tips until the show was about to start, which I guess was causing one of the script triggers not to activate.

If I wait until a couple of hours before the performance is due to start and only then head to the venue, the job panel pops up and everything is fine (so far at least).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »
Actually, I did what you described pretty much as a rule when leveling my Singer.  She did get stuck once, but I can't exactly link that as the cause of it.  I can't say it's not...I just can't link it as a direct effect.  But when I have done gigs, the panel is typically open.

Also, in your career interface, there's a button to toggle the job panel off and on.  If it disappears, try toggling it back on.  This might help you to troubleshoot your theory a little better.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline crazymanatuca

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
Also, in your career interface, there's a button to toggle the job panel off and on.  If it disappears, try toggling it back on.  This might help you to troubleshoot your theory a little better.

The button says there are 2 jobs available and it won't toggle back on. I also can not do anymore gigs. Should I just wait a week and try to do the glitched gigs then and see if it corrects itself? Too bad that they aren't steady gigs.

EDIT: I sent my sim on a free vacation and when she came back, it reset her gigs so now she's not stuck anymore.

2nd Edit: She's stuck again, now at lvl 9. It shows 2 jobs available, but the tracker never pops up anymore. I also haven't gotten the reminder message about my gigs in 2 sim weeks. I'm just gonna lvl her to lvl 10 by singing for tips and then find a new job.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:37:04 AM »
I've had this, I just saved the venues to my bin, deleted them and replaced them. It worked.

anything