Author Topic: Teens can't sing  (Read 6597 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Teens can't sing
« on: March 11, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »
Have you noticed that teens with the vocal legend LTW can't practice singing? I even sent him to the proprietor of the park to see if he could join the profession early like artists and writers but not. There's no option on the computer either. I guess he will have to wait until he's an adult.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
Re: Teens can't sing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
Yeah I noticed that when I wanted to trigger the LTW for one of my teens. I think they get better at it by using the Karaoke Machine. I read somewhere that that helps them later when they actually join the career.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Teens can't sing
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »
Well, he only has two days until young adult. He's already a level 5 on guitar.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »
A teen cannot become a Singer, Magician or Acrobat any more than they can become a Fire Fighter, Private Investigator or Ghost Hunter.  The new careers are more along the lines of these careers than they are registering a skill profession.

Likewise, from what I can tell Guitar skill has no impact on the Singer career.  You can still put on excellent gigs without having the skill at all.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Teens can't sing
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »
A teen cannot become a Singer, Magician or Acrobat any more than they can become a Fire Fighter, Private Investigator or Ghost Hunter.  The new careers are more along the lines of these careers than they are registering a skill profession.

Likewise, from what I can tell Guitar skill has no impact on the Singer career.  You can still put on excellent gigs without having the skill at all.

Thanks, Hosfac. He's having fun with his guitar anyway. I have to make him sing but he plays guitar on his own.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 02:11:27 PM »
Thanks, Hosfac. He's having fun with his guitar anyway. I have to make him sing but he plays guitar on his own.

Yeah, I trained Guitar on my Singer anyways, since it fulfills the Fun need.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »
I thought Sims would be able to play guitar while they sing? I haven't really tested that, but I thought it was possible. ???
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 06:38:25 PM »
I thought Sims would be able to play guitar while they sing? I haven't really tested that, but I thought it was possible. ???
As an adult sim in the singing career you can certainly sing and play guitar at the same time.  You aren't offered as many song to sing with the guitar as without it, but there are a fair selection to choose from.

I'm training a sim on the piano now, to see if there are any songs for that too.  I'm guessing there aren't, but its worth testing.

anything